Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I think it was 1979 when I got my first (and only) street bike, a Suzuki 425. One by one, friends and acquaintances of mine were getting hospitalized from bad injuries sustained on the road on their bikes, three in total in just a few months. I decided to sell it after having had it for about a year. Great fun, but not worth the risk. I always renew my motorcycle license, though, so still have it.

Amazing how your experience mirrors my own:
Bought my first (and only) street bike in 1980 - a Suzuki GN400.
That summer a co-worker and a friend from church were both killed on their bikes. Sold mine the next year, but have kept my license current for "some day".
Well, I'm 65 now and I don't think that's going to happen. It was fun to dream, tho. LOL!
Brother from another mother.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m similar to a lot of young guys that are 10 feet tall and bullet proof and wanted a bike too. 2 of my closest friends rode bikes and I was seriously considering it. One Friday or Saturday night I picked up an order of Chinese food and was headed over to a buddies house where several of us planned on dinner, drinks and movies at home instead of going out to the bars…AGAIN. I was 18 and had just finished my EMT certification a month or so earlier when my pager went off. I was actually only a couple minutes behind the wreck on the highway and I arrived at the same time as the engine and aid car. It was a 30’s year old male that attempted to pass a vehicle but hit a sedan head on. We estimated that the impact speed was >150 mph.

We all started attending to the sole patient in this MVA and as we went to roll him on his back (I was down at the feet) his foot inside his tennis shoe fell and I instinctively went to catch it but it was still attached by his Achilles’ tendon. We got MAST pants on him but it wasn’t going to matter one bit so we canceled airlift. His drivers license stated he was 6 feet tall but the patient that lay before me was so totally and completely broken that he was maybe 5 feet tall laying there.

Long story short I never had the urge to get a motorcycle ever again. That was my first introduction to motorcycle versus automobile and unfortunately it would be far from my last. In my experience many of the wrecks would’ve theoretically have been a minor accident with no or minor injuries but when 1 of the vehicles was a bike it often was a serious wreck with permanent injuries or death.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,395 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,505
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.