Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Brass Goat users....have any of you noticed a change in the rifle's point of impact with it on?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cannot imagine how this thing could possibly affect the point of impact.

I used mine this morning for the first time and I LIKE it! I did have one single instance of an ejected case lodging itself sideways inside the shell...I guess 6.8 SPC brass just happens to be just the right length to do that. It wasn't a big deal at all, I was just a little baffled when after firing three rounds only two were in the hopper. A fourth round might have knocked that one stuck case loose.

I can highly recommend the brass goat.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I learned long ago that anything that might change the vibrations of a rifle could impact group size or POI. Not necessarily will...but could. I received my Goat a couple of days ago and took it out yesterday to try out. I happened to have a recent 3 shot group target that I fired with the Grendel and, with the Goat attached, the 3 shot group I fired overlaid the previous group exactly. However, with my 223 the POI shifted enough to notice. Not enough for me to miss a varmint at the ranges I'll shoot, but noticeable. The group opened up significantly as well, but that could just be me. The POI change was not.

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed differences with and without the Goat. That being said, I certainly do like the way it catches brass! Much better than any method I've tried before.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you figure out how the brass catcher is affecting POI, I'd sure like to know about it. That kind of thing is one of many that keep me interested.

Did you happen to shoot the rifle without the Brass Goat attached?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I've been shooting both the 223 and the grendel a lot lately. Got the Goat Friday and tried it Saturday. I actually had a target i fired several days ago when I was checking the POI of a new load in the grendel. I taped over the holes and fired another 3 round group and it clustered exactly on top of the previous group. With the 223, the group was about 1.5 inches left and slightly high and it opened up to about 1.5". I'm not saying the Goat caused the 223 to move... could have been the scope got bumped or whatever, maybe just me. After the grendel results I didn't think it was the Goat, but just thought I'd ask the question if anyone else had noticed a shift.

Last edited by Hook; 12/13/22.
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Tested mine today along with 3-4 other things, not good but WTH. A gun I built with not that much testing. My reloads,& a new mag from brand I hadn't tested. crazy

Just 29 rounds.. Singles, then triples to see if it would ball up. I could hear the singles falling into the box. The brass goat eating them.

Not an extensive test by any means, but I like it!! I'll shoot more AR's now.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,557
Posts18,473,057
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.