Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I am a short range hunter unlikely to shoot over 200 yards. Most of my shooting is punching paper at 100 yards. My plan is to upgrade the optics on an incredibly accurate Tikka CTR in 260. Not because I need to, but because I can. The plan is to try a 30mm tube since weight doesn't matter since this rifle won't get carried far. I want as good of low light capability as I can get in my price range.

Now for my options

Zeiss V4 3-12x44

or

Meopta Optika6 2.5-15x44

I'm really only interested in the standard Z-Plex reticle and capped turrets. For my uses the parallax adjustable Meopta isn't necessary but I like the idea of 15x. Is there anything else that I should look at?

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Either of those are more than adequate.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's a HILARIOUSLY long list of Dumb Fhuqk excuses,to hamstring a sound rifle with. Both scopes are pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint.

You'd do well to shake your head and EtchaSketch away everything you "think" you "know",take notes and apply same. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just saying.

Thank me later.

Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
That's a HILARIOUSLY long list of Dumb Fhuqk excuses,to hamstring a sound rifle with. Both scopes are pieces of fhuqking schit. Hint.

You'd do well to shake your head and EtchaSketch away everything you "think" you "know",take notes and apply same. Hint.

Just saying.

Thank me later.

Hint..................

You need help. Hint..................

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my simply shooting it all,as you wax eloquent on your Hurt Feeler Reports and heralded Professional Victim status...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Have seen lotsa Zeiss 3-9/4-12 Pukes. Both my Optika6's were Dog Schit and a pard tried a 2.5-15x,that stayed the course,in that it wouldn't track,repeat or hold zero. Hint.

You'd do well to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same...for the nearly halfa box of shells you "shoot" a year. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Pardon my simply shooting it all,as you wax eloquent on your Hurt Feeler Reports and heralded Professional Victim status...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Have seen lotsa Zeiss 3-9/4-12 Pukes. Both my Optika6's were Dog Schit and a pard tried a 2.5-15x,that stayed the course,in that it wouldn't track,repeat or hold zero. Hint.

You'd do well to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same...for the nearly halfa box of shells you "shoot" a year. Hint.

The help you need has nothing to do with hunting, shooting or guns. Hint.........

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports rolling,wax eloquent on your Professional Victim status and rock that High Pitched Nasal Whine...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You are sucking the wrong ass,but don't forget to reiterate,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. I did just open a parcel yesterday evening and gotta bolt some wares up,so you can "live" vicariously just a "touch" more. Perhaps cite how many times a day you think about me and the durations of same,if only to quantify your Man Lust further. hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

I agree. Now on to what rings the OP is going to pick...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Over about 10X AO is a must for me. I have 3) Burris Signature 3-15x44 scopes on 22LR thru 6.5CM - all w/ plex reticles. Nice bright & sharp image, simple reticle, big easy to read and accurate turrets with locks. Really like them and the price is reasonable.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why 30 mm? Doesn’t sound like you need the travel.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Typical misconception,in that the jump from 1" to 30mm means "brightness",which it don't. Hint.

Pretty fhuqking funny,how The Paper Hat Brigade will condone any/everything and do someone wrong. Scope guts matter,more than anything else,but Window Lickers just GOTTA lick windows. Hint.

SFP schit reticles,hurt the equation. Loss of parallax control,hurt the equation. TENDER internals,hurt the equation. Hint.

Now coming full circle with the Crying Karens having filled out their Hurt Feeler Reports,what is the budget? Hint.

As an aside,the cited Burris is a piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.............

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Maxwell

Good question. Just because I don’t have one currently. Just wanted to maximize field of view and light gathering ability.

Originally Posted by SDHNTR

Very true.

Originally Posted by centershot
Over about 10X AO is a must for me. I have 3) Burris Signature 3-15x44 scopes on 22LR thru 6.5CM - all w/ plex reticles. Nice bright & sharp image, simple reticle, big easy to read and accurate turrets with locks. Really like them and the price is reasonable.

Good idea. I’ll take a look. Maybe at 15x the AO would matter to me.

As for the other troll. He’s the only one that I have ever put on ignore in over a decade. I was hoping that he would not have shown up on this thread.

Thanks for the insight so far.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Melting Snowflakes are certainly a "rugged" lot and I REALLY "believe",that you "can't read this",due the "power" of Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Hint.

It is fhuqking fascinating HILARITY,that you went from a question,to concurring "Very true" on schit you've never even fhuqking seen,let alone "shot". David Copperfield's "magic",isn't that "powerful" and folks pay him millons to see it! How/where do you Drooling Dumb Fhuqks DREAM this schit up?!? Hint.

Facts are reliably the most disconcerting,to THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks and when the dust settles...you won't have "fired" a single fhuqking round. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MikeJinVT

Good question. Just because I don’t have one currently. Just wanted to maximize field of view and light gathering ability.

A 30mm tube in and of itself won't help you there.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by MikeJinVT

A 30mm tube in and of itself won't help you there.

Beat me to it. Tube diameter has nothing to do with light gathering ability or FOV. Compare specs on a few scopes with similar power ranges and objective sizes if you need data to convince yourself.

What you’re looking for is a large objective, not a large tube (per se).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

If only again:

"[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]"

A REAL scope,with illumination is THE Cure,but her Hurt Feeler Reports and Professional Victim Claims,are in her way. Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So....mikejimvt......

Hows the schooling so far?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If your primary concern is low light capability and you want a set-and-forget style scope (capped turrets, no parallax adjustment), you might look at the Trijicon AccuPoint 2.5-10x56. You can get it with an illuminated duplex reticle. It’s a little lower magnification than what you’re looking at and the eye relief leaves something to be desired, but other than that it checks all your boxes.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Paper at 100 and hunting inside 200 doesn't require a ton of magnification.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mathman
Paper at 100 and hunting inside 200 doesn't require a ton of magnification.
Exactly. Fixed 4x territory.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1234, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,910
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.