Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I use S&B's basic P3/P3L (mildot) and SWFA's Milquad more than any other's for hunting. They're just good all around reticles (near or far) in reliable FFP scopes.

Those seem to be about the best I've found for all around big game use.

Some people don't care for the "doughnut" styles like the LRHS, Meopta MRAD and others, but, depending on the intended use and terrain/vegitation, I find them to offer a lot of utility.[/quote]

I use the LRHS in a 3-12. I've had a couple of the 4.5-x's but they were bigger scopes than I prefer for my hunting so I let them go. I can live with the doughnut.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I use S&B's basic P3/P3L (mildot) and SWFA's Milquad more than any other's for hunting. They're just good all around reticles (near or far) in reliable FFP scopes.

Some people don't care for the "doughnut" styles like the LRHS, Meopta MRAD and others, but, depending on the intended use and terrain/vegitation, I find them to offer a lot of utility.

I use the LRHS in a 3-12. I've had a couple of the 4.5-x's but they were bigger scopes than I prefer for my hunting so I let them go. I can live with the doughnut.
I love the G2H as a hunting reticle.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Some people don't care for the "doughnut" styles like the LRHS, Meopta MRAD and others, but, depending on the intended use and terrain/vegitation, I find them to offer a lot of utility.

I use it on a sporter wieght .223AI, mainly for coyotes. The reticle works well and I like the donut the most when calling at short/woods ranges. I think it's adds a touch of quickness there. At longer ranges if I'm dialing and at higher power I can take it or leave it....don't think it hurts anything at all. Being picky on my part, but I'd prefer not to have the tree under the crosshair and to have the lower bar at 5 mil even with the other 3 - just my visual preference - still it's a really good, usable FFP hunting reticle.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Pulled the trigger on the SFP Tenmile HX 3-18x50 in MRAD that EuroOptic has on sale.

Will go on a 7mm-08 Ridgeline FFT. Never been a dialer but am going to start now

Last edited by WideOpenSpaces; 12/02/22.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WideOpenSpaces
Pulled the trigger on the SFP Tenmile HX 3-18x50 in MRAD that EuroOptic has on sale.

Will go on a 7mm-08 Ridgeline FFT. Never been a dialer but am going to start now
SFP?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

SFP?

Yeah man, I spend my money on things that meet MY needs. I don't need to impress people online I don't know.

If you want to pay for a FFP for me, send me your CCard info and I will get that going ASAP wink

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I'm with you on the 3-12. I do have a couple of the 4.5-18's, but they don't get used near as often. I still buy the 3-12's when I happen across them; great overall package for big game hunting.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

SFP?

Yeah man, I spend my money on things that meet MY needs. I don't need to impress people online I don't know.

If you want to pay for a FFP for me, send me your CCard info and I will get that going ASAP wink
Nothing like that, just seems like a miss with 18x on the top end. Enjoy.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I use it on a sporter wieght .223AI, mainly for coyotes. The reticle works well and I like the donut the most when calling at short/woods ranges. I think it's adds a touch of quickness there. At longer ranges if I'm dialing and at higher power I can take it or leave it....don't think it hurts anything at all. Being picky on my part, but I'd prefer not to have the tree under the crosshair and to have the lower bar at 5 mil even with the other 3 - just my visual preference - still it's a really good, usable FFP hunting reticle.
Agreed. I'm okay with the tree, but would like the bottom bold post to come to 5 MRAD, as you mentioned.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm with you on the 3-12. I do have a couple of the 4.5-18's, but they don't get used near as often. I still buy the 3-12's when I happen across them; great overall package for big game hunting.
I agree 100%. Just snagged another 3-12x a couple of days ago.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

I agree 100%. Just snagged another 3-12x a couple of days ago.
While I've not found the Milquad lacking yet, I think I could like a scope with the S-Tac FFP reticle. I know nothing about how well the scope performs, but the reticle looks like it could be easy to like.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/sight...013a-2db6-00163e90e196?variation=3114718

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

SFP?

Nothing like that, just seems like a miss with 18x on the top end. Enjoy.

Not trying to tell anyone what to like, and certainly stand with the ability to choose, but I'm with MTB on the 18x SFP. I can suffer an SFP that tops out at 9 or 10, but an 18x is a non starter for me. I much prefer FFP for big game, and these days there's some well designed FFP reticles that offer good visibility throughout the X range.

Is there such a significant price difference between SFP and FFP in the model referenced that it's a deciding factor?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The FFP ten mile is 1500-1600 on the street.

Think the HX is nearly 1/2.

I love the 3-18 FFP though.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Yeppers. Zooming way in to dial isn't my preference.

That said, been some good discussion and sounds like the OP will have a fine 7-08 setup. 👍

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1minute, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 1,441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,917
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.