Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by irfubar
Deeded land or not no big game hunting for non tribal members on the rez.
I suspect this is correct, as I have never heard of people (non tribal) hunting deeded land
Maybe these are farmed elk privately owned by the ranch...?
Illegal in Montana to hunt game farms.

You're no fun to take anywhere.

You shoulda met that calnum dude!

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar

I suspect this is correct, as I have never heard of people (non tribal) hunting deeded land

When you buy a license can you say that you are a distant relative of Elizabeth Warren and your high cheekbones proves that you are in fact 1/4 Cheyenne and 1/4 Chippewa, which would make you eligible as a Tribal Native American Indian?

KB

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Losttrail: I believe YOU are wrong in your contention.
I know many Big Game Hunters who are NOT "tribal members" and are as "white" as the day is long who have Hunted Antelope, Elk, Bear, Mule Deer, Moose and Whitetailed Deer on various "Indian Reservations" in Montana!
In fact I worked for 29 years with a tribal member of the "Blackfeet Indian Nation" and he now guides "non-tribal member" Hunters every year on that reservation all fall long.
Back when he and I worked together he guided part-time (a month each fall) on that reservation and every one of his clients that I saw pictures of was white.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Like usual VG is full of [bleep].

If you can read and understand what you read it’s all in the FWP regs. Doubt you can comprehend.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I don’t know how they do it in Montana but I’ve hunted the Indian reservations here and in Utah. Here I buy the various tribal hunting permit for $10 and hunt the areas open. In Utah we hired a couple of Indian guides (Ute) for $100 each per day. It’s common knowledge here that many of the reservations are NOT rich in game since conservation has been replaced in the Indian lexicon with greed. Many of the reservations, especially on the west side, are virtual wastelands devoid of game. With the advent of pickup trucks, centerfire repeating rifles and the liquor store the big game populations on our reservations are severely depleted which is why the Indians can be seen running down herds in their pickup trucks firing their AK47’s at everything that moves on open public ground.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
OK, I know facts have a tendency to screw up everything but here goes..

Big Game Hunting on the Blackfoot Rez (YES)

TRIBAL LEADERS, LANDOWNERS CLASH OVER PRIVATE-LAND HUNTING LEGISLATION 2021
The House Fish, Wildlife and Parks Committee on Tuesday afternoon and evening heard testimony from about 40 supporters and opponents of House Bill 241, which would allow big game hunting on fee lands owned by non-tribal citizens within the boundaries of an Indian reservation.

House bill to change hunting regulations on tribal lands fails
Tammy McAllister, 20-year owner of the 10,000-acre Whiskey Trail Ranch in Ferry Basin that rents lodging and highlights its hiking, wildlife and photography opportunities. She said that her land was considered part of the CSKT Ferry Basin Elk Reserve and more than 600 head of elk are on the property and has spent $40,000 to put an elk fence on the property.

“One year we opened it up to tribal members to hunt,” she said, adding that they harvested 10 bulls and six cows. “But over the past two years, we backed off and only went with tribal members we knew — just for comfort.”

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I thought I recognized that fireplace. I have climbed on it. smirk. Many moons ago. As BGG says, it is on the Rez, so no bg game, unless you are sneeky. Lots of elk. Very nice cow country, crappy rez and the people to go with it.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tag

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Nice

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Reminder...

June is booked solid, one week in July still open.

August on through the rest of the season pretty open..

Glacier National Park promising to be more restrictive and congested than ever due to road and bridge construction throughout the park all summer.

https://izaakwaltoninn.com/ on the southern side of GP will be closed all summer. Property changed owners and it's being remodeled.

The Whiskey Trail Ranch vacation rental could be a prime alternative for some.

[Linked Image from media.vrbo.com]

https://www.vrbo.com/935193?arrival=2023-07-18&departure=2023-07-24&unitId=1483139

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could tolerate that for a decade or two if there is no cell service. Can one harvest firewood up in the timber?

1Minute
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

212 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 300s, 13 invisible), 1,752 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,108
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.