Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I sent out another PM today because another would like to participate.

"Hi, I should have known this would happen, we have more interest. Therefore the list is at 15. Maybe you could send a couple extra if more would like to join up. I'll keep you posted. Thank you."

It's a good thing.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
GB1

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Due to popular request, how about a cut-off so people can get on it. Probably a good idea.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Shipped out 17 elk hair caddis today. Unless someone is aware that Rob P pulls in a 7 figure income, remember to send either a prepaid return label or a few dollars so he doesn't have to eat a bunch of postage when dispersing the flies. 1Minute

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1minute
That would be a decent thing to do, as a minimum...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I sent out a box of Pass Creeks today. They are a version of the Pass Lake fly I use for brookies/cutthroats in Alberta. Of course return postage goes without saying. We'er all fly fishin folks.

IC B2

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
1Minute, Rob pulls in a four figure income! Had to laugh. I got a box from Oregon Saturday, I'm waiting on everybody else. The longer it takes, the more flys I'm going to tie for you all. I wish I could take pics of them as they come in. They get really fuzzy. You'll all have to be surprised. I got 15 signed up but 6 did not reply to my messages so I don't know what to expect.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm working on mine. I've got 6 done so far but I've been a slacker. wink

The unarmed man is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
When they get delivered, would someone take pics of them and put them up? AKGrayling did it and they looked really nice.

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
rob p,

I'll take a pic of one of mine when I'm done and put it up. I hope to have them to you by the deadline; but may be just a few days late. Arthritis in the neck giving me problems sometimes.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Wow, I haven't seen anything new here in a few days. Qtip, you posted just as I was about to share my desktop photo. What the heck, 3 more months of cabin fever until fishing season.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Along with the "Small Stream" theme flys I'm tying, I thought I'd send everyone a hat pin. These are what I throw at Stripers in Narragansett Bay.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Neat! Never done any stripers. Still on the to do list are striper, tarpon, and redfish. Going to have to do serious travel for all three. 1Minute

1Minute
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rob p
Along with the "Small Stream" theme flys I'm tying, I thought I'd send everyone a hat pin. These are what I throw at Stripers in Narragansett Bay.

[Linked Image]

I wonder if the "whiper" hybrid bass in a nearby lake would eat one of those?

rob p Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anything with a mouth big enough will eat that fly. You need an eight weight to throw it though. You can troll them and jerk the rod to make it dart. I tie them on a #1 stainless. I also tie Clouser minnows, ditto with barbell eyes and epoxy head surf candy. A chartreuse and white Closuser with a peacock hurl over the top is the fly here for schoolie stripers.

An interesting note: we have ponds along the coast with herring runs, and the State intentionally breaches the ones along the shore to let the herring in to breed and out once grown. Well, the stripers follow them in. They do just fine in the ponds, and can live their lives out there or follow the herring out in the Fall. It's neat. I had a Summer on one where I was bass fishing with 10" black jelly worms and picking up 4-5 pound largemouths and I hooked a big Striper that towed my canoe around until he straightened my 6/0 worm hook. I got a couple more rides, got a 3 footer to the canoe, and it added a whole new dimension to the fishing knowing they were there.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Now that sounds like fun!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been having lots of troubles with the eyes and have been beating my head against the wall... The floor... The Ceiling... Just about anything... So Miss T tires of my ranting and proceeds to buy me some specs... Jumps a few grades from the 1.5s I have been using and all of a sudden the World has details up close again!

So I am tying some #18 early stone drys... A neat flat-hackle, pulled-back wing that Grayling calls "evil" because it looks so deadly... the set-backs have caused me to spend WAY more time than I should have, but I did not want to tie an ordinary fly...

I remain amazed at what modern hackles have become. I have many State-of-the-Art circa 1975 capes and saddles to compare today's feathers to ad it flat amazes me. The silver badger I am using for my stone has size 18 hackles that are making about 3 flies each! And that is two hackles per fly ala the Renegade! Some of the hackles will easily do flies smaller than 26 and they are over 2" long!
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Been having lots of troubles with the eyes and have been beating my head against the wall... The floor... The Ceiling... Just about anything... So Miss T tires of my ranting and proceeds to buy me some specs... Jumps a few grades from the 1.5s I have been using and all of a sudden the World has details up close again! art

I am seeing my eyes slip lately too. Had to shed my glasses to focus when tying for this swap. Doc says it's time for bifocals. Used to laugh at the old guys on the range moving their heads up and down to find the part of their trifocals that would give them a clear front sight but it's becoming less funny these days!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by castandblast
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Been having lots of troubles with the eyes and have been beating my head against the wall... The floor... The Ceiling... Just about anything... So Miss T tires of my ranting and proceeds to buy me some specs... Jumps a few grades from the 1.5s I have been using and all of a sudden the World has details up close again! art

I am seeing my eyes slip lately too. Had to shed my glasses to focus when tying for this swap. Doc says it's time for bifocals. Used to laugh at the old guys on the range moving their heads up and down to find the part of their trifocals that would give them a clear front sight but it's becoming less funny these days!

You bunch of young'uns! Quit the bemoanin' of it and go get the real deal glasses! he he he

Couple more years you'll not be able to tie on a fly smaller than a 2/0!

best,
"Experienced at that" bearhuntr

ps. guess thats why I used a #10 hook... whistle

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well just TRY to tie my 18 on tippet small enough to get through the eye then!!! wink

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
7X and I parted company many moons ago... grin

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,383
Posts18,469,596
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.