Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
What are the differences in these two besides magnification ranges and the Credo either illuminates green or red, whereas the Tenmile can illuminate in either color?

Is construction/erectors, etc. the same?

Going back and forth between the two and having trouble deciding which to get...

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Which scope in particular are you looking at? I have a Ten Mile 3-18 and a 2-10 Credo. Along with the SFP 2.5x15. The 3-18 and 2-10 are nearly identical other than X's ranges.

Semper Fi
W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Credo HX 2.5-15x42
Tenmile HX 3-18x50

Ranges and bells (weight) aside, I'm just wanting to know if there is a difference in construction quality/components between the two lines. The specific models really should not matter. Trijicon makes it a point to say that the Credo line is "affordable" whereas they do not do that with the Tenmile.....and their IS a jump in price between the two. As an example, I know Swarovski uses HD glass in the Z6 line, but not in the Z3 or Z5. What is Trijicon doing differently for the Tenmiles other than charging several hundred more dollars?

Last edited by WideOpenSpaces; 11/30/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not contact them and simply ask?

I doubt that either will disappoint you as to durability. Check the ER specs. Some Trijis can get pretty tight on the top end. Also check the reticle downloads for actual dimensions on any model you’re contemplating. Even ones that look the same in the illustrations may vary a lot.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Both lines made at LOW in Japan aren't they? Hmmm. Tenmile is for refined shooters it says. Are you refined or not? LOL

Subscribed

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Interested too. Looks like Credo is SFP? Form has a really good review of the 10 Mile up on RS.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Calvin
Interested too. Looks like Credo is SFP? Form has a really good review of the 10 Mile up on RS.
Was thinking that then saw there are some FFP Credos.

Curious now about the mechanics or is it glass and features? SHV vs NXS thing? Hmm.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Check the ER specs. Some Trijis can get pretty tight on the top end. .

That is true. The ER goes down to 3.1 in the Credo vs. 3.4 on the Tenmile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Calvin
Was thinking that then saw there are some FFP Credos.

Curious now about the mechanics or is it glass and features? SHV vs NXS thing? Hmm.
The Credo 1-8x28 is a rebadged/next gen version of the Accupower 1-8x28, which is mechanically excellent and FFP. I can't speak to the others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are FFP models in both the Credo and Credo HX lines. In general, the HX models are supposed to be hunting scopes, but I see some crossover.

Go to the Trijicon site and peruse the listings carefully. As mentioned before, check the reticle downloads to be certain you’re getting what you want. There are subtile differences. I suggest that once you pick one, you record the model number to keep from getting mixed up when you order. Amazon, in particular, can get a bit tricky on their listings that include multiple models.

I have two SFP HX models, the best option for my hunting, a 1-6 and a 2.5-10x56. Like them both, but that 1-6 is a great match for my lightweight 6.5 Grendel.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HX stands for Hunting, and I believe they're all in MOA.

I have both Credo and a Tenmile and while they're not apples to apples in comparison being a big difference in models, the Tenmile is clearly "nicer". Tough to put into words lots of little things, like zoom seems a little smoother, glass seems a little better. Of mine the Credo is clearly the lesser scope, but had I not owned the Tenmile first, I don't know that I would have noticed as much.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The 3-18 Ten Mile is a FFP Mil/mil and is the 2-10 Credo. Not sure what the price difference is for or why the big jump in money for FFP over their SFP optics.

I have the 2.5x15 SFP as well that is a good one as well if you’re into SFP. I got it for a specific purpose and don’t mind if too much as all. Innards seem/feel the same but I’m not an engineer, just a user.

I do like the Trijicon offerings and their 2-10 is priced pretty well for everything you get from it.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 6x24x50 Tenmile will probably be for sale shortly (I want to sell it before it grows another rifle underneath it. lol) I replaced it with another Tenmile with a little lower magnification on the bottom end, found 6x was just a smidge too much for what/where I wanted to use it.

As far as FFP vs SFP prices, I wonder if it's a matter of keeping closer to compatible industry prices, or if it's genuinely $400-$600 harder to manufacture?

W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Originally Posted by cas6969
Tough to put into words lots of little things, like zoom seems a little smoother, glass seems a little better. Of mine the Credo is clearly the lesser scope, but had I not owned the Tenmile first, I don't know that I would have noticed as much.

This makes sense and is probably the answer to my question. Craftsmanship, fit/finish is a little better. Thanks

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If the Credo 2-10x36 had a basic 10 mil (or better yet for hunting, a 7 mil) inner opening on the reticle rather than a 25 mil opening I'd have already grabbed one to try. 12.5 mil of windage per side....I get pissed off every time I look at them.

https://www.trijicon.com/uploads/pr...D_Precision_Tree_FFP_Reticle_2900038.pdf

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
If the Credo 2-10x36 had a basic 10 mil (or better yet for hunting, a 7 mil) inner opening on the reticle rather than a 25 mil opening I'd have already grabbed one to try. 12.5 mil of windage per side....I get pissed off every time I look at them.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about a lot of what are purported to be hunter centric reticles these days. Who needs over even 5 mils windage with a center fire big game cartridge? I guess every now and then you have to pull off an 800 yd shot in a gale. And if you do have use for 10 of windage, dial 5 and hold the rest.

IMO, better to have the cross lines come close to center to easily bracket game when it's on low X.

Even better in the 2-10 would be a derivative of the THLR. Something that looks like a #4 on low X.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Agreed. I think 4-5 MRAD per side is enough and allows easier bracketing with bold posts that come closer together. Same applies to elevation, 5 is enough if you’ve got generous erector travel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starbuck

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about a lot of what are purported to be hunter centric reticles these days. Who needs over even 5 mils windage with a center fire big game cartridge? I guess every now and then you have to pull off an 800 yd shot in a gale. And if you do have use for 10 of windage, dial 5 and hold the rest.

IMO, better to have the cross lines come close to center to easily bracket game when it's on low X.

Even better in the 2-10 would be a derivative of the THLR. Something that looks like a #4 on low X.

The one in the 4-16x50 is more better, similar dimensions to the Accupoint 3-9, but it’s a lot bigger and heavier of course. My 2-10x56 suffers from the same fault, but for my use it’s okay.

Another spec to compare is the battery life. Looks like green lasts a lot longer, but check it yourself.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Starbuck

Yeah, the THLR looks really, really good to me. Visually, I like 4 posts equal distance but that's personal preference.....I'd jump on a FFP THLR and use it as much as I could to see if I could change my preference.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Agreed. I think 4-5 MRAD per side is enough and allows easier bracketing with bold posts that come closer together. Same applies to elevation, 5 is enough if you’ve got generous erector travel.

Tangent Theta's LRH Mrad is the best implementation of a FFP big game hunting reticle I've used. The inner subtensions can be a bit thick at longer distances but for big game it works.

I use S&B's basic P3/P3L (mildot) and SWFA's Milquad more than any other's for hunting. They're just good all around reticles (near or far) in reliable FFP scopes.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I use S&B's basic P3/P3L (mildot) and SWFA's Milquad more than any other's for hunting. They're just good all around reticles (near or far) in reliable FFP scopes.[/quote]

Those seem to be about the best I've found for all around big game use.

Some people don't care for the "doughnut" styles like the LRHS, Meopta MRAD and others, but, depending on the intended use and terrain/vegitation, I find them to offer a lot of utility.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (3dtestify, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 13 invisible), 1,443 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.