Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I only have good things to say about Midway. If they have what I want, I know it will be fairly priced and zero problems with my orders.

Ditto. I use them 4-5 times a year and have never had an issue.

NRA Patron

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Waiting on my order, supposed to be here today. Have never had any problems except for a cracked plastic Lee die box and sometimes things come in a box way larger than’s needed.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by NMiller
How did you get them to ship free? I was going to take advantage of the free shipping deal as well. During checkout it wanted to charge me for shipping, even though the items I had in the cart were clearly marked as qualifying for free shipping. Opened a chat with someone named Madison, she said they would charge to ship based on my location. I asked why not ship usps flat rate, she didn't have a good answer. I then wrote an email to customer service and basically got the same response. I moved on.
I didn't do anything special. I just put the bullets in the cart and checked out. I didn't "request" USPS Flat Rate, or anything like that; they just showed up that way.

I did have a Browning blanket in the cart, at one point, and that raised shipping to $12. I didn't really need/want the blanket that badly, so I just ordered the bullets.

I don't know what you tried to order, so maybe your item(s) triggered one of these oversized shipping parameters. I can't say.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine was shipped UPS with tracking notices via email.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Wait…….

Hold up….

According to the ‘fire Boomers…

I thought Larry was a greedy old bastid that rips people off???

And steals ice cream from kids…
And kicks dogs…..

This Boomer has never bitched about Larry. I buy based on shipped priced. Sometimes Larry’s the guy, sometimes he ain’t. It pays to shop around, and also to check the estimated shipping. He is better than most about sending out product-availability notifications while he actually still has the stuff.

Spot on. This Boomer hasn't complained either that I can recall. Free with $49 shipping makes for a good deal as a rule, birthday sales are good too. If Larry is paying for the shipping, why should I complain if it takes a few days?

P.S. I shop around, too.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rogue
Last two orders in the last month had broken bullet and brass boxes inside. Lapua hard plastic boxes, with loose filling. Outside box was broken on one. I haven’t counted projectiles, but wouldn’t be surprised if some are missing.
I got a box of bullets like that about a year ago. One box of bullets was missing. It looked like the postal gorillas had used it for a football. Midway made it right. I also suggested that they stop putting their names on the boxes as it appeared that the name Midway was getting some unwanted attention. I see they have stopped doing that. At least for the boxes I am getting.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Midway has the easiest to use website to filter down quickly and find what you want. Brownell's website sucks, even though I like them as a company. Natchez, Graf's, and Midsouth are in between as far as user friendliness.

I tend to look to Midway first, and if they have everything I want, don't bother to look elsewhere, because of the website layout. It might cost me a few bucks on orders here and there, but life's too short to screw around for two hours of searching to save $5.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Midway has the easiest to use website to filter down quickly and find what you want. Brownell's website sucks, even though I like them as a company. Natchez, Graf's, and Midsouth are in between as far as user friendliness.

I tend to look to Midway first, and if they have everything I want, don't bother to look elsewhere, because of the website layout. It might cost me a few bucks on orders here and there, but life's too short to screw around for two hours of searching to save $5.

^^^This^^^
Is one of the main reasons I use Midway USA. Easiest website to navigate quickly and find what I’m looking for. Not to mention their wide selection of quality products and I’ve always received quick shipping and outstanding service from them. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Wait…….

Hold up….

According to the ‘fire Boomers…

I thought Larry was a greedy old bastid that rips people off???

And steals ice cream from kids…
And kicks dogs…..

This Boomer has never bitched about Larry. I buy based on shipped priced. Sometimes Larry’s the guy, sometimes he ain’t. It pays to shop around, and also to check the estimated shipping. He is better than most about sending out product-availability notifications while he actually still has the stuff.

Spot on. This Boomer hasn't complained either that I can recall. Free with $49 shipping makes for a good deal as a rule, birthday sales are good too. If Larry is paying for the shipping, why should I complain if it takes a few days?

P.S. I shop around, too.

And I’ve met ole Larry a couple of times. He’s a heck of a nice guy.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They cheated me once so they don't get another chance. It was several years ago during a powder shortage and I ordered 9 pounds of powder that was claimed "in stock". My powder was apparently diverted to a preferred customer and I never got it. After 10 months of promises went by I wrote a letter and asked for a refund plus 5% interest. Someone named Larry called and told me to check my credit card statement because they had refunded my money the month before. They in fact had but didn't email, call or anything. Either it is in stock or not. Maybe they weren't selling powder at all but just taking orders for powder from another supplier, but in any case I was and am through with Midway.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, boo hoo! Pull up your big-boy panties. Life is full of disappointments. Tantrums are a bit immature, don't you think? On the other hand, I too can hold grudges for years, even decades..... smile

How did they cheat you? You were refunded. You are making unfounded assumptions and allegations. It may have been in stock on your computer, but by the time they filled your order (it's not instantaneous - see below) they were out due to orders ahead of yours,and maybe they were in heavy volume orders and a bit backed up. My guess. There may have been a time gap in updating the computer site also- that too isn't instantaneous. Someone has to enter/update the data.

I've recently made two orders: 200 rounds of bullets were here USPS flat-rate in 3 days. Filled and notified shipped within a couple hours.

$50 worth of bore brushes were ordered over a week ago and shipped UPS. It took them almost 24 hours to fill my order and notify me it was shipped. Probably trucked to Seattle - I dunno. I was assuming they would be shipped flat-rate, but since they are paying the shipping....

Should be here, but I haven't checked mail since Thursday. Tracking said it was sent on to USPS, so it should have been in my PO box by yesterday. Maybe.

I'm still bedding a rifle anyway. No prob. Local Sportsman's Warehouse didn't have any in stock, or I would have bought them here. Same price, only the wait was different.

A couple years ago i ordered a pellet rifle from Midway. After about a month they called me and asked why I returned it. I hadn't. The USPS new-hire bozo had returned it, because it "didn't have a street address on it." Dipspit - my box is in the GD PO! And the PO isn't large! Nor is the area/city.

Midway shipped it back to me no additional shipping charge.

Last edited by las; 12/04/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Be patient...

Their customer service department was trained by the WH Press Secretary.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Buy from them often, no problems

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I placed an order with them yesterday at 4 pm and by 6:11 pm it was at the post office and on its way. The rest is up to the post office so I will see how that goes - it is supposed to be here by Dec 9th per the post office tracking.

Good for Midway for fast shipping

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Free shipping today on orders over $49.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ordered some boolits Friday and they arrived today. Got no complaints about Midways service.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by drover
I placed an order with them yesterday at 4 pm and by 6:11 pm it was at the post office and on its way. The rest is up to the post office so I will see how that goes - it is supposed to be here by Dec 9th per the post office tracking.

Good for Midway for fast shipping

drover

Well it is still not here - the package set in St. Louis for 4 days. I will be surprised if it doesn't have a similar occurance in SLC.

Good for Midway on their fast shipping to the PO, shame on the PO for thier poor performance.

Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

SALT LAKE CITY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

December 10, 2022, 9:26 am

In Transit to Next Facility

December 8, 2022

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility

SAINT LOUIS MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER

December 4, 2022, 8:47 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Facility

COLUMBIA, MO 65203

December 4, 2022, 7:32 pm

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

SAINT LOUIS, MO 63145

December 4, 2022, 6:11 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

COLUMBIA, MO 65203

December 4, 2022, 2:40 pm

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some of the genuine Geezers on here may recall when the Midway catalog was small and printed on cheap paper like a comic book kinda. Back then, shipping was free on all orders.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I know Midway isn’t the cheapest but darn it they can get me something by the next day it seems like. Amazon is the same way. Watch out for that package sitting somewhere for a few days. It might not ever come.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
Some of the genuine Geezers on here may recall when the Midway catalog was small and printed on cheap paper like a comic book kinda. Back then, shipping was free on all orders.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 12 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.