Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by oneoneshot
Originally Posted by GF1
Very nice shotguns, especially in 20 gauge. FWIW, these were not made by Miroku but by Olin-Kodensha, also in Japan.

Not sure what your comment [FWIW, these were not made by Miroku but by Olin-Kodensha, also in Japan.] does to add to the sale. The box clearly states Made in Japan, most people who know of the Winchester Japan 101s know this. Do you think my description misrepresents this? Thanks for the free bump.

No criticism at all. Somebody above alluded to these being made by Miroku. I made a neutral correction, but thought overall I pitched your gun. It’s a great gun…another bump.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GF1
Very nice shotguns, especially in 20 gauge. FWIW, these were not made by Miroku but by Olin-Kodensha, also in Japan.

Not sure what your comment [FWIW, these were not made by Miroku but by Olin-Kodensha, also in Japan.] does to add to the sale. The box clearly states Made in Japan, most people who know of the Winchester Japan 101s know this. Do you think my description misrepresents this? Thanks for the free bump.
I think he was referring to another poster who commented Miroku made some for 1 year. I don't believe his comment was directed at you.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by GF1
Originally Posted by GF1

No criticism at all. Somebody above alluded to these being made by Miroku. I made a neutral correction, but thought overall I pitched your gun. It’s a great gun…another bump.
Understand, I have an innate desire to only post to posts other than my own, superfluous jabber (not that what you were trying to do, I appreciate your clarification) that potentially may hinder or take away for the sale. If information is misrepresented and i clearly know without any show of a doubt, I will try to help Seller to avoid an unhappy Buer through misrepresentation.

I am a stickler for accurate details, so thanks, no harm intended or done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trades??

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Trades??

ColoradoLuckyDog, sorry not looking for any trades, I have gotten old, and it is time to liquidate a large part of my collection. Thank you for looking.

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
TTT

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
up for a really nice Christmas Present

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
ttt

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Great item....very tempting
Every now and then I see a 101 four gauge set.
What year does the 20 Ga. 200k s/n fall in?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Great item....very tempting
Every now and then I see a 101 four gauge set.
What year does the 20 Ga. 200k s/n fall in?
You know I did not, nor have I looked up year. I will do so and get back. Thanks for looking and asking. Hope my references have the 101s.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
It seems very little information exists on sterilization of 101s. The company I believe was sold in 1981. I cannot tell you the year but late 1970s early 1980s would be my guess without any basis. I have had several 101s, have four left. This 20, a 12 Trap and a .410 and a 12 Diamond Grade tube set. Sorry

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've owned and sold several 101s over the years....I predict that at your asking price you are going to own that one for quite a while longer.

I like to have never sold a beautiful 12 ga. XTR Pigeon grade with Win. chokes and hard factory case and 2 stock sets.... last year I finally had to almost give it away in a trade to get rid of it.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by LFC
I've owned and sold several 101s over the years....I predict that at your asking price you are going to own that one for quite a while longer.

I like to have never sold a beautiful 12 ga. XTR Pigeon grade with Win. chokes and hard factory case and 2 stock sets.... last year I finally had to almost give it away in a trade to get rid of it.
What business is it of yours to comment on the asking price of a gun you do not intend to buy? You need some etiquette and some knowledge of market pricing. You make these forums unfriendly, if you do not like the price move on, you are no expert. I would ask you kindly to refrain from such PRIDE of obstinance, this forum does not need you.

I predict if you went to gun shows and told Sellers that to their face, you would come away with no face. Just another KEYBOARD COWARD giving Tennessee a bad name. I can understand with your modus operandi why you would have trouble selling anything.

Last edited by oneoneshot; 12/04/22.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by LFC

Who gives a chit what you think of his price?If not interested MOVE ON. mad

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Especially in a 20 gauge, and in this perfect condition, this price today is low for the market, and I am tuned in to the shotgun market big time. Free bump for a really nice gun at a really nice price.

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
GF1 and Coobie, thanks for the kind words. There is one in every crowd, wish I did not have to respond to him, but that kind of caricature does not help these gun sites.
thank you.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
oneoeshot,

This is a free forum......you have to expect that crap. I would advise , although you did not ask for advice, ....do not reply.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I dont see anyone beating your door down to buy it....just trying to help you sell it.

I'd almost wager that lowered to $1800 it would sit here....

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Beautiful shotgun.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

What business is it of yours to comment on the asking price of a gun you do not intend to buy? You need some etiquette and some knowledge of market pricing. You make these forums unfriendly, if you do not like the price move on, you are no expert. I would ask you kindly to refrain from such PRIDE of obstinance, this forum does not need you.

I predict if you went to gun shows and told Sellers that to their face, you would come away with no face. Just another KEYBOARD COWARD giving Tennessee a bad name. I can understand with your modus operandi why you would have trouble selling anything.

I do it everytime I go to gunshows....i told a dealer the other day that he mush have Joe Biden pricing his guns.

Some guys don't need to hide behind key boards.

You're just ticked because you didn't find a quick sucka on here.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,803
Posts18,477,480
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.