Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeezus...why would you watch that?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The owners should have stepped in and finished it, letting an animal suffer for your own enjoyment id fugged up even if it's a coyote.

Waaay Fugked , need their asses beat.

.... like tears in the rain
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It's just a Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom vid, canine style.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You folks realize, of course, that the overwhelming majority of Pitbulls are owned for their entire natural lives without incident, right?

Please define "incident".

Cite please

Montana MOFO
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Trash owners and trash breed.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You folks realize, of course, that the overwhelming majority of Pitbulls are owned for their entire natural lives without incident, right?

Out of dog attack incidents . Which breed had the highest attack rate?
Asking for a friend

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dre

Asking for a friend
Oh, I get that. That's because attacks by Chihuahuas, Poodles, and the like, don't generally get recorded. Some rubbing alcohol and a band-aid is usually all that's required, so no record is made of them.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
We had a Yorkie that would tug hell out of your shoelaces or the cuff of your pant leg, but it usually took several seconds to notice his attack.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just lettin er eat I reckon

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mathman
We had a Yorkie that would tug hell out of your shoelaces or the cuff of your pant leg, but it usually took several seconds to notice his attack.
When I was a kid, we had a Yorkie that would routinely attack (in all seriousness) just about every man that entered the house. You typically had to point it out to them, however, that they were under attack, as most didn't notice it. It's a common Yorkie trait, but of course there's no record of it, since, as I said, the worst case scenario is some alcohol and a band-aid, assuming pant leg penetration was achieved.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone who just stands by and videos their dog in a fight with a coyote is not a good owner. I would be concerned if the coyote had rabies. That coyote was overmatched but still they should have stepped in if nothing else to prevent further injury to their dog and to save money at the vet!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
That's too bad. As much as I hate Coyote's..I hate Pit's even more. Worthless animals.

^^^^ x 1000

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MPat70
Anyone who just stands by and videos their dog in a fight with a coyote is not a good owner. I would be concerned if the coyote had rabies. That coyote was overmatched but still they should have stepped in if nothing else to prevent further injury to their dog and to save money at the vet!

^^^^Agreed. Akin to dog fighting IMHO...

Tarquin
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
There you go. Tarquin agrees with you guys.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by mathman
Is that pit in the video on the smallish side?

No. Real, honest pits only weight maybe 60Ish pounds and they look smaller. Very strong, solid animals.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dre

Asking for a friend
Oh, I get that. That's because attacks by Chihuahuas, Poodles, and the like, don't generally get recorded. Some rubbing alcohol and a band-aid is usually all that's required, so no record is made of them.

The owner is the underlying factor with any dog. It just turns out that a lot of scum bags, like the owner in the OP, like pits. It makes sense. Pits are very strong, capable animals.
I also believe that a lot of dog attacks are labeled as pitbull attacks when really the dog is either a mutt or not a pit at all. My Father-in-law fits that bill. He calls his neighbors dog a pitbull, and it ain’t.

I’ve had my pitbull for 11 years now, since she was a pup. She’s the best dog I’ve ever had and has been a great member of our family.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dre

Asking for a friend
Ugh.
Not what I asked about. Then I assume that I’m right.

Dogs are broken down into different categories groups: sporting, working, toy, herd, hound, terrier.
And you want to compare apples to oranges?
Let’s compare Pitts, rotties, Doberman, German shepherd, boxers and which one would be considered the worst.
Also, I never said I hate the breed. I just don’t trust them, as I said in my original post.

Last edited by Dre; 12/05/22.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Dre
Originally Posted by Dre

Asking for a friend
Ugh.
Not what I asked about. Then I assume that I’m right.

Dogs are broken down into different categories groups: sporting, working, toy, herd, hound, terrier.
And you want to compare apples to oranges?
Also, I never said I hate the breed. I just don’t trust them, as I said in my original post.

I had some of those same trust issues until I got to know some pits that were owned by my friends. It’s a reasonable fear with all the press pits get. Then I took one of their pups home. My dad, a retired police officer, thought I had “rocks in my head” when I told him I brought home a pit puppy. 11 years later, seeing Penny was one of his last wishes on his death bed. Pretty sure he loved my dog more than me.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Pits are very strong, capable animals.
I also believe that a lot of dog attacks are labeled as pitbull attacks when really the dog is either a mutt or not a pit at all. My Father-in-law fits that bill. He calls his neighbors dog a pitbull, and it ain’t.

I’ve had my pitbull for 11 years now, since she was a pup. She’s the best dog I’ve ever had and has been a great member of our family.
Agree on all points.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Geeeez. This thread is about a dog killing a coyote. The dog just happens to be a Pit Bill. My Catahoula would do the same thing. Isn’t the threat of varmints, like coyotes, a good reason to keep a capable dog around? That Pit Bill was doing what most capable dogs would do in a similar situation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
looked more like an old fashioned dog fight, with the owner standing by and watching, instead of dispatching the damn coyote up front. Lot's of good 'ole boys still like to stage and watch dog fights.

Sam......

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (01Foreman400, 35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 801 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,392
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.