Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by mathman
Any one of my buddy's hog catch dogs would have whipped that coyote back and forth like a rag doll. They are bigger than 60 pounds however.

Heck, if that coyote pissed off my nephew's Lab mix it wouldn't go well for Wile-E either. I've played tug of war with that dog and it's strong.

I'm sure your buddy's dogs are seasoned pros in a scrap too. That young pit wasn't.

As for those lamenting the suffering of that coyote, the owner did finish the animal off according to the video.

I'm sure that coyote never inflicted any pain to get to his size just as the coyotes in this pic inflicted no suffering upon this buck. They were just funning and licking his wounds for him. - sarcasm

Link to complete set of pics: Buck vs Coyote - Deer Hunting subforum

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Geeeez. This thread is about a dog killing a coyote. The dog just happens to be a Pit Bill. My Catahoula would do the same thing. Isn’t the threat of varmints, like coyotes, a good reason to keep a capable dog around? That Pit Bill was doing what most capable dogs would do in a similar situation.
Well, that's my take.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I drove a ‘76 suburban for several years with no parking brake that would roll through the transmission if put in park on an incline. Never even looked at the brakes, one time the positive battery cable sat across a transmission cooling line long enough to wear through the rubber and it arced enough to eat a hole in the line going up a steep road headed out of Morencie AZ. I never crashed that truck or hurt anyone. Totally safe and reliable. Anybody that opines otherwise is just an ignorant bigot who hates GM products.

Edit to add I don’t care one lick about the dead coyote. Good job for the ghetto superstar. I’ve shot coyotes and watched them drag their guts behind them running away over a distant snow drift. That didn’t bother me either. But not something I’d really care to watch on the internet either.

Last edited by BillyGoatGruff; 12/05/22.

MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don’t believe that coyote attacked anyone. I think it was just an idiot dog owner teaching his dog to be aggressive so he could show off and brag about it.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Coyotes don't attack people? Coyotes are faster runners than Pitbulls. How'd he get the Coyote to stand still long enough for the dog to get him if he wasn't in the process of aggressing against his master?

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Dre
You folks realize, of course, that the overwhelming majority of Pitbulls are owned for their entire natural lives without incident, right?

Out of dog attack incidents . Which breed had the highest attack rate?
Asking for a friend
Oh, I get that. That's because attacks by Chihuahuas, Poodles, and the like, don't generally get recorded. Some rubbing alcohol and a band-aid is usually all that's required, so no record is made of them.

The owner is the underlying factor with any dog. It just turns out that a lot of scum bags, like the owner in the OP, like pits. It makes sense. Pits are very strong, capable animals.
I also believe that a lot of dog attacks are labeled as pitbull attacks when really the dog is either a mutt or not a pit at all. My Father-in-law fits that bill. He calls his neighbors dog a pitbull, and it ain’t.

I’ve had my pitbull for 11 years now, since she was a pup. She’s the best dog I’ve ever had and has been a great member of our family.
I had an American Staffirdshire Terrier and that dog had a great disposition. Loved everyone. Wouldn’t even hurt a cat. Neighbors cat would claw him in the nose and he’d just sit there wagging his tail.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Coyotes don't attack people? Coyotes are faster runners than Pitbulls. How'd he get the Coyote to stand still long enough for the dog to get him if he wasn't in the process of aggressing against his master

A little solo coyote like that wouldn’t go after a full grown man. Maybe he trapped it or lured it so he could make the video.

Anyone that would stand by and risk injury to their own dog while egging him on might have tied up a chicken or a cat for bait.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not much care for coyotes, they are certainly a target to be engaged at every opportunity, but if the owner had the ability to get the pit off and dispatch it safely, that's what he should have done, IMO.

As for pits, I look at it like this. They account for roughly 6% of all owned dogs in the US. They account for 65% of deaths by dog attack.

Let's say there is an automobile model that is fairly popular, and accounts for 6% of all vehicles on the road. Most people never experience a problem with them and they they are "wonderful, gentle" cars. But that car is responsible for 65% of all automobile deaths. Would you put your family in a car which 6% of the country owned, but yet was responsible for 65% of traffic fatalities? I sure as chit wouldn't.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dre
You folks realize, of course, that the overwhelming majority of Pitbulls are owned for their entire natural lives without incident, right?

Out of dog attack incidents . Which breed had the highest attack rate?
Asking for a friend
Oh, I get that. That's because attacks by Chihuahuas, Poodles, and the like, don't generally get recorded. Some rubbing alcohol and a band-aid is usually all that's required, so no record is made of them.

Here its Goldens, which far and away out number any other breed around. But I'd bet those ankle biters get away with more than their share.

.... like tears in the rain
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
That's too bad. As much as I hate Coyote's..I hate Pit's even more. Worthless animals.

Kiss my ass and you can stick your puzzy weatherby up your candy ass. What a dick sucking piece of [bleep]. You hate coyotes more than Pitts? Your brain is mush and you voted for Biden. ESAD.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DaveR
Not much care for coyotes, they are certainly a target to be engaged at every opportunity, but if the owner had the ability to get the pit off and dispatch it safely, that's what he should have done, IMO.

As for pits, I look at it like this. They account for roughly 6% of all owned dogs in the US. They account for 65% of deaths by dog attack.

Let's say there is an automobile model that is fairly popular, and accounts for 6% of all vehicles on the road. Most people never experience a problem with them and they they are "wonderful, gentle" cars. But that car is responsible for 65% of all automobile deaths. Would you put your family in a car which 6% of the country owned, but yet was responsible for 65% of traffic fatalities? I sure as chit wouldn't.
They are certainly more responsibility than owning a beagle.

And then there are many who go out of their way to encourage aggressiveness in them. It’s a dog with a rep that is largely attributed to the way these owners raise them.

Nobody ever talked about how dangerous it was for Petey to be around those little kids.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DaveR

So you have no idea why Pits account for 65% of all deaths by dog attack? A considerable number of said attacks are because people who fight dogs sometimes just release them in the neighborhoods or they get out somehow. Second big reason is idiots will chain them up never letting them off to protect a door. When they do get off schit happens. I have seen many Pits that were loving protective animals. But you hang with your coward friends who live in fear of a dog, how pitiful that is. Probably good you don't hang out with any good tough dogs they could smell the puzzy on you.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There you go. Tarquin agrees with you guys.

Lol.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Numbers don’t lie which group/breed is more violent.

Last edited by Dre; 12/05/22.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Take their total number in the population, then the number of wrongful attacks on people per year positively attributed to actual Pitbulls, and come up with a percentage of Pitbulls that wrongfully harm a human being per year. I guarantee the figure will support my statement that the overwhelming majority of Pitbulls go through their entire natural lifespans without wrongfully harming a human being.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
[bleep] pitts, they should all be put down IMO. Dealt with one going after my lab in the past and it was scary. A little research will tell you all you need to know about that dangerous breed. They are a menace to society.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Oh, I guess we arent allowed to swear on this site, what is this world coming to? Gotta keep it family friendly I guess, lol We wouldnt want to offend anyone or hurt any feelings

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Take their total number in the population, then the number of wrongful attacks on people per year positively attributed to actual Pitbulls, and come up with a percentage of Pitbulls that wrongfully harm a human being per year. I guarantee the figure will support my statement that the overwhelming majority of Pitbulls go through their entire natural lifespans without wrongfully harming a human being.
I never hear that lab or golden retriever mauled a baby, mom, grandma or someone else’s pet to death. But a certain breed of dog seems to come up and be more responsible than any other.
Facts

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

Same could be said for blacks, but that doesnt change the fact that 5% of the population is responsible for 50% of the annual murders in the US...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Note the Norwegian accent of the voice narration in the video.

Me, no use for time bombs known as pit bulls.

GOA
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,568 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.