Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Note the Norwegian accent of the voice narration in the video.

Michael Vick??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love dogs.
I've been smitten with the European Doberman breed for a very long time.
I've been around them a lot and never had any fear of them triggering like Pitts do.

They are incredible dogs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Funny how cropped ears and a docked tail can transform them into something scary...
They go from a dopey hound dog to Satan incarnate in many eyes...it's ridiculous.

That said, nature is one cruel bitch.
You bleeding hearts should subscribe to Nature is Metal on instagram .
It's a reminder of how incredibly brutal things are in the natural world.

https://instagram.com/natureismetal?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Proud NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I had a wonderful, protection trained, male (red, docked, and cropped, about 85 lbs) Doberman from 1989 through 2002. He's another dog that I'd pay a lot to get back in his prime.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I had a wonderful, protection trained, Male (red, docked, and cropped, about 85 lbs) Doberman from 1989 through 2002. He's another dog that I'd pay a lot to get back in his prime.

👍

Proud NRA Life Member
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Dre
Numbers don’t lie which group/breed is more violent.
pitbulls are the ni&&ers of dog breeds

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Salmonella

LOL, by "the natural world" do you mean in the wild? As opposed to in the neighborhood with small children playing in the yard?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by smokepole
Means and methods?

either a + or an x hacksawed on the 220 gr RN bullet in '06 (depends how you hold it)

LOL I can see it now, 12 year-old mathman riding a 3-speed with a basket on the front, and a short-barreled Remington pump rifle across the handlebars.

I bet the nieghbors tipped hm well at Christmas.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Kind of reminds me of Russia and Ukraine. Hard to vote for either side and sickening to watch.

Pitbulls are devastating and I'm really tired of neighbors that let theirs run free in a neighborhood full of kids. They are always an honor student and an eagle scout until the day they finally aren't and then the results are devastating.

I shot a coyote once and it got back up with a hole through it you could see daylight through. Then the neighbors pit bulls came after it and it stood its ground for a while with not much for lungs left. When it ended I was kicking myself in the butt thinking I should have killed the pit bulls too.

A few weeks later the pits came after me on a county road as I road my 4 wheeler by. I went home and threw the lcrx 38 with a cylinder full of 130g hsts in my pocket and went for another ride. Luckily for them the owner had them locked back up on my second drive by.

I'm a dog lover but as a father of young kids I can't abide pit bulls running wild and acting aggressive. I see them as bullet test media at that point.

Bb

man you sure have a lot going on all the time in your life.....bob

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had a wonderful, protection trained, male (red, docked, and cropped, about 85 lbs) Doberman from 1989 through 2002. He's another dog that I'd pay a lot to get back in his prime.

I've been around them a lot and never had any fear of them triggering like Pitts do.

I want one. Too old to be taking up with a canine partner that may outlive me but I want one. Way back in time some friends had Dobies. At one time or another Black&Tan, Red, and Fawn. The Fawn can give you an absolutely penetrating look even when they like you. But then they’re all pretty good at that. Peaceful and friendly as they can be until you step over predetermined bounds.

Went with my friend and his matriarch dog to an evaluation appointment at a training facility. It was quickly determined, by an agitator in protective gear, that Pete had the right stuff. To see a Doberman go after the bad guy full speed then see her obey a cease & desist command and return to the trainer is unique. Highly intelligent, deadly loyal, and absolutely obedient.

Have too much on my plate right now to follow up. But sometime in the next year I’ll make the decision. Black&Tan, Red, or Fawn.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
My Doberman was protection trained by three different trainers over his active life. I did his obedience training on my own, resulting in his earning his Companion Dog title before he was a year old. That's actually an extremely high standard of training, despite the casual sounding title.

After that, he had three different protection trainers over about a six year period. One was a police dog trainer, one was a former trainer for Israeli police dogs, and the third was a private trainer of protection dogs.

The police dog trainer told me that my dog's bite was substantially stronger than any of the police German Shepherds he usually worked with.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Any Dog that doesn't hunt, and track I don't need, i've never needed a dog to protect me or mine, my stock dogs and hunting dogs double as protection dogs just fine and they don't bite anyone. Rio7

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RIO7
Any Dog that doesn't hunt, and track I don't need, i've never needed a dog to protect me or mine, my stock dogs and hunting dogs double as protection dogs just fine and they don't bite anyone. Rio7
That's awesome. My Doberman was worthless as a protection dog, prior to training. He just wanted to play with any stranger that came along. Didn't have a mean bone in him.

He was still that way after training, but on command, he'd go into protection mode, which involved a display of aggression (barking and pulling towards the identified target), and he would aggressively grab hold (while in that mode) of the identified target if he entered my space. Anyone who was not an identified target would be treated as a friend by my dog.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
That's too bad. As much as I hate Coyote's..I hate Pit's even more. Worthless animals.

They do kill a lot more people than coyotes do.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RIO7

Bingo.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
The nutcase agrees with you guys. Tell you anything?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by DaveR
Not much care for coyotes, they are certainly a target to be engaged at every opportunity, but if the owner had the ability to get the pit off and dispatch it safely, that's what he should have done, IMO.

As for pits, I look at it like this. They account for roughly 6% of all owned dogs in the US. They account for 65% of deaths by dog attack.

Let's say there is an automobile model that is fairly popular, and accounts for 6% of all vehicles on the road. Most people never experience a problem with them and they they are "wonderful, gentle" cars. But that car is responsible for 65% of all automobile deaths. Would you put your family in a car which 6% of the country owned, but yet was responsible for 65% of traffic fatalities? I sure as chit wouldn't.

Going by logic like this, we should ban AR-15s too.

I dont see how you figure. Ar 15s account for a small fraction of firearms deaths. Ulplug your talmudvision.
. The dog breed isn’t the problem, it’s the owners

It is absolutely the breed. For the most part, people who gravitate towards this breed don't help matters either. I can't tell you how many dad stories I've heard where the " family pet, best dog ever just suddenly snapped and mauled someone.

There are far, far better breeds for pets and about every other use. Pits were bred to dog fight. Just like game cocks were bred to cock fight.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
My Doberman was protection trained by three different trainers over his active life. I did his obedience training on my own, resulting in his earning his Companion Dog title before he was a year old. That's actually an extremely high standard of training, despite the casual sounding title.

After that, he had three different protection trainers over about a six year period. One was a police dog trainer, one was a former trainer for Israeli police dogs, and the third was a private trainer of protection dogs.

The police dog trainer told me that my dog's bite was substantially stronger than any of the police German Shepherds he usually worked with.

kinda weird hobby hawkeye. do you live in a dangerous neighborhood?

GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by DaveR
Not much care for coyotes, they are certainly a target to be engaged at every opportunity, but if the owner had the ability to get the pit off and dispatch it safely, that's what he should have done, IMO.

As for pits, I look at it like this. They account for roughly 6% of all owned dogs in the US. They account for 65% of deaths by dog attack.

Let's say there is an automobile model that is fairly popular, and accounts for 6% of all vehicles on the road. Most people never experience a problem with them and they they are "wonderful, gentle" cars. But that car is responsible for 65% of all automobile deaths. Would you put your family in a car which 6% of the country owned, but yet was responsible for 65% of traffic fatalities? I sure as chit wouldn't.

So you have no idea why Pits account for 65% of all deaths by dog attack? A considerable number of said attacks are because people who fight dogs sometimes just release them in the neighborhoods or they get out somehow. Second big reason is idiots will chain them up never letting them off to protect a door. When they do get off schit happens. I have seen many Pits that were loving protective animals. But you hang with your coward friends who live in fear of a dog, how pitiful that is. Probably good you don't hang out with any good tough dogs they could smell the puzzy on you.

So, okay, someone was hittin' the "macho sauce" quite early today. No prob....we've all been there....though maybe not with so much azz on display...

Aww. Pitty owners are so cute and "protective" of their doggies that "never showed signs of aggression....never bit anyone"...until they did. Problem being (when dealing with dogs and humans), once the switch is flipped on a pit breed, it is locked in.

SAY THE LINE DOUCHEBAG! "He / she has never exhibited aggression before!"

Not a dog walking that intimidates me, because I'm always prepared. But I am aware. And part of that awareness is the knowledge that my wife, grandchildren, daughters in law, etc., will not be able to deal with a situation with a land shark the way I could. I can handle a dog. I was raised in a household that bred / raised Siberian huskies. The old man taught us early on how to handle a dog attack. I come up on a pit (or any other dog) gnawing on someone, I won't be beating it with a broomstick. But I'll be making a big old "wish" with its' hind legs. Many ways to deal with a physical confrontation with a dog, but so many are unaware. I know a few, and hitting it with a broom handle is not one of them. Pits are formidable, no doubt, but largely only truly dangerous to babies, little old ladies, and X-gen's in skinny jeans who can't handle their chit. Sorry, but a pit is no match for someone who knows how to take a dog out. Yeah, there will be some stitches, and some pain. But the dead beast laying in a pool of blood at the end of the battle won't fuggin' be me.

If you think breed awareness makes someone a "puzzy", then I suspect you're a "puzzy" for for wanting to go CCW in Philly....

Last edited by DaveR; 12/06/22.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I love dogs.

Funny how cropped ears and a docked tail can transform them into something scary...
They go from a dopey hound dog to Satan incarnate in many eyes...it's ridiculous.

That said, nature is one cruel bitch.

You have great taste in dogs. I love my two Dobermans. (American) Big, loveable goofballs. Until it’s time to get down......

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.