Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I can see this happening. Me and my buddies would have taken a crack at it in the same situation.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by reivertom
I can see this happening. Me and my buddies would have taken a crack at it in the same situation.

Same here. I cannot understand why this is unblieveable to some people.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by drover

drover

Ditto. I guess some people have problem sleeping at night thinking that a 14 year old boy, 81 years ago, out showed them.

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Old feller who was my supvr. In the old TxDot Sign plating shop about 40 years ago said when he was a kid on Dec 8th 1941 by noon, "there wasn’t a box of 30-30 cartridges to be had anywhere!"; at any ice house or hardware store in the Sabine river bottom!

So the ammo hoarding and price gouging goes back even further than Klinton? 😂

Runs on ammo.
1. WW2
2. Bill Climton election.
3. Zerobama election.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drover

drover

I knew 14 year old boys in the last century.
That 22 would be his most prized possession and he is chomping at the
bit to shoot something with it.

14 year old bravado, all balls, no brains?
He'd be running out there fumbling ammo and shooting at everything,
Never seeing danger.

Older (smarter more cautious) guys, wouldn't be as eager with a deer rifle.

Even today's 14 year old boy would respond.
Standing in the yard with his game controller...

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 12/08/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I can see myself or my son shooting back if we were there then. Not so hard to believe, IMO. Why anyone would question that is odd. What's next, a callout thread requiring a ballistics test and the man's body exumed to check his hands for powder residue? Some people need to relax and just enjoy a good story.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sawbuck
By the time I was 14 I had a host of arms at my disposal and used them all without question by anyone. My bedroom closet was the family armory! grin
The guy would be 95 years old, if he claims he let one rip at a Jap, I'll take his word for it.

+1!

When my son was 14, I'd have put him up against most grown men for shooting. He's now an helicopter pilot in the army.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by navlav8r
A “Mustang” commander I worked for at NAS Barbers Point, Hawaii in ‘74-75 lived at West Loch ammo depot as a kid and his house had bullet holes in it after the attack.

Were they 22 caliber?

It’s possible if the house was within 1-1 1/2 miles from where the 14 year old was shooting at the Japanese a/c. 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suspect few things would come more naturally to someone that age,in such a situation,at said location. Hint.

In "fairness" however,SchitSmell is a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i like this story of the young lad at Pearl Harbor with his 22 LR rifle that`s neat ! i bet most of us would have done the same thing as this boy did at 14 years of age ,matter fact most of us would still do this too protect our country , hope it never happens.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember as a boy about 10 or 11 seeing B-52's flying low and slow over my back yard and thinking how could anybody miss one of those? I figured with a good steel ball bearing, I could hit one of those with my sling shot. A 14 year old, during the bombing of Pearl Harbor, with access to a 22 rifle, shooting back is totally believable to me. If some old gent that was there and said he did it, I'd give him the benefit of doubt. I just hope he hit some.

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd be surprised if there was a 14 yo boy who *wouldn't* do this!

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I really don't see what is so hard to believe.

A 14 year old kid with a .22 is pretty normal stuff and most kids that age think they are ready to take on the world. I was a lot younger than that the first time I pointed a gun at a man. I actually had forgotten all about it until my dad brough it up a number of years back. Probably forgot about it due to my young age.

My dad took me with him while he sighted in some hunting rifles. We went to part of a ranch that he knew the owner of and had permission to shoot on. While he was doing that a truck came driving up very quickly. There was a lady in the passenger seat and a "cowboy" that got out. He had one of those belt buckle revolvers and pulled it on my dad, pointing it at him, while yelling at him. He was telling him something about trespassing and something else. My dad, had set the rifle he had been shooting on the ground.

While this was happening, I walked around and picked up a rifle off the hood and worked my way around to one side, so my dad was not directly behind the guy. I could not pick the gun all the way up to my shoulder, but I held it, pointed at the guys back.

Finally my dad interrupted the guy. He told him something along the lines (and I don't recall exactly as my dad describes it, except for the phrase he used) of "We have permission to be here and you can go check, but if you don't stop waving that gun in my face, my son is going to blow your F-ing heart out of your chest" and then he pointed at me.

At this point the guy said he was calling the Sheriff and we were going to jail. My dad ended up sighting in his rifles. No Sheriff or deputies ever showed up.

I did not remember anything about the incident until my dad brough it up probably 10+ years ago now. I do know I was younger than 14 by a good ways.

So the story of a 14 year old kid taking pot shots at attacking aircraft with his .22 is not very hard to fathom at all. Heck WWII had a lot of instances of teenaged Partisans, with some as young as 14.

https://www.history.com/news/dutch-resistance-teenager-killed-nazis-freddie-oversteegen

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'd be surprised if there was a 14 yo boy who *wouldn't* do this!

Same here.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I really don't see what is so hard to believe.

A 14 year old kid with a .22 is pretty normal stuff and most kids that age think they are ready to take on the world. I was a lot younger than that the first time I pointed a gun at a man. I actually had forgotten all about it until my dad brough it up a number of years back. Probably forgot about it due to my young age.

My dad took me with him while he sighted in some hunting rifles. We went to part of a ranch that he knew the owner of and had permission to shoot on. While he was doing that a truck came driving up very quickly. There was a lady in the passenger seat and a "cowboy" that got out. He had one of those belt buckle revolvers and pulled it on my dad, pointing it at him, while yelling at him. He was telling him something about trespassing and something else. My dad, had set the rifle he had been shooting on the ground.

While this was happening, I walked around and picked up a rifle off the hood and worked my way around to one side, so my dad was not directly behind the guy. I could not pick the gun all the way up to my shoulder, but I held it, pointed at the guys back.

Finally my dad interrupted the guy. He told him something along the lines (and I don't recall exactly as my dad describes it, except for the phrase he used) of "We have permission to be here and you can go check, but if you don't stop waving that gun in my face, my son is going to blow your F-ing heart out of your chest" and then he pointed at me.

At this point the guy said he was calling the Sheriff and we were going to jail. My dad ended up sighting in his rifles. No Sheriff or deputies ever showed up.

I did not remember anything about the incident until my dad brough it up probably 10+ years ago now. I do know I was younger than 14 by a good ways.

So the story of a 14 year old kid taking pot shots at attacking aircraft with his .22 is not very hard to fathom at all. Heck WWII had a lot of instances of teenaged Partisans, with some as young as 14.

https://www.history.com/news/dutch-resistance-teenager-killed-nazis-freddie-oversteegen

Was it a 9mm? 😁

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There are gobs of evidence showing that a 14 year old (and younger) is capable of extraordinary courage, but most of the documentation regarding that attack illustrates that our own Navy and air defenses were not sure just what in the fugk was going on.

So perhaps a 14 year old boy or two did quickly determine that Imperial Japan had broken peace with the United States that morning and he could also identify enemy aircraft as opposed to friendly, but that’s quite the story.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I suspect few things would come more naturally to someone that age,in such a situation,at said location. Hint.

In "fairness" however,SchitSmell is a CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

He can back it up with all his research and historical documentation. LMAO, In all seriousness who would feel the need to voice a negative take on an old fellows account of what happened. I totally believe the man. You might say I took offense lol. Thanks to all for sharing their opinions and experiences in a positive entertaining way.

Last edited by dakota300rum; 12/08/22. Reason: Spelling
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but I find it hard to believe.

Good for him if it’s true, otherwise we have another roundoak..

Funny you have no problem questioning testimony of these accounts of history. But no one can question any facts or have a conversation about your hero Custer without being disrespected. Interesting

What people like you don't understand is the difference between hear say and years of research. I can verify any claims I have ever made.

For example there are over 100 accounts of soldiers that claimed they survived Custer's battle. They are just that, claims, there is no truth to those claims. I can quantify that with historical documents.

A kid claiming he shot at Japanese aircraft at Pearl Harbor when he was 14 is easy to claim, impossible to prove. It may have happened, I stated that, but it is unlikely.

Now you can research any claims I have made and question them, but the difference is, I can support those claims with documents and historical records.

You may need to stay in your high chair until the oatmeal dries on the floor before you step in it and fall and hit your head again...

I don't want to get in a tiff over any of this but we need to consider the accuracy of most historical records of that (custer) time period. So many are exaggerated, false, innacurate, uninformed etc. I'm not sure there was a survivor on not? I wouldn't be surprised because there are accounts of natives in the battle who saw soldiers escaping. Maybe??? Frank Finkle story is interesting.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Verg nothing to get In a tiff about. There is documented evidence that Custer was no saint. This got started because a friend in Canada that I used to buy guns from told me that natives that were relatives of those at the little big horn said Custer was taken alive on purpose and tortured. When I mentioned this on a thread I was attacked. I'm willing to take any information into account doesn't mean I believe it but it makes for interesting dialog. Many historical events have changed because of evidence or testimony. And you are correct about the history at that time. The narrative was do not report anything that would shed a bad light on Custer.

Last edited by dakota300rum; 12/08/22. Reason: Add comment
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Verg nothing to get In a tiff about. There is documented evidence that Custer was no saint. This got started because a friend in Canada that I used to buy guns from told me that natives that were relatives of those at the little big horn said Custer was taken alive on purpose and tortured. When I mentioned this on a thread I was attacked. I'm willing to take any information into account doesn't mean I believe it but it makes for interesting dialog. Many historical events have changed because of evidence or testimony. And you are correct about the history at that time. The narrative was do not report anything that would shed a bad light on Custer.

Good points!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.