Yes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Yes, prior to 70 used to know where it hurt. Hell after 70 have no idea as everything hurts. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, to be 70 again!!

Life at 82 is the slow lane for sure, seems like something or other hurts pretty much all the time. Still, I get around OK, I don't need anyone to help me dress or wipe my butt for me, still get out to the range 2-3 days a week, still able to see well and drive. Even got out this morning with the ladder and hung Christmas lights. grin

It aint for sissies, but so far it aint too bad either.

Last edited by jnyork; 12/07/22.

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I think every age makes a difference.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The Apostille Paul, "When I was a child, I thought like a child,--."

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I appreciated getting to 70 and resolved to stay active as long as possible. I had a pretty good bout of colon cancer in my 60s but made a good recovery after a lot of down time with chemo, radiation and surgery. Having to be inactive for months made me appreciate getting to 70 and being able to still get out to hunt, fish, travel etc as much as I used to. I'll be eighty next year. I'm slowing down a little but so far I'm still able to do most of what I used to. Don't know if staying active has helped in that respect or not, probably genetics, good doctors and luck have a lot to do with it too so do it while you can. I've seen too many people get out the rocking chair sooner than they had to, IMO and that seems to accelerate the aging process.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 12/07/22.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
a single number. Like 50. 60. 80 etc... even 70 doesn't do a thing. If it does its mental and that can be an issue. I sure hope it isn't for me or you.

Keep going. Moving. Fighting.

Wear and tear on the body is going to be there. But it doesn't fall on a certain date. In fact the wear and tear started a LONG time ago and the effects of it have been cumulative basically... finally one realizes it.

I don't sleep much at a time. My body constantly hurts one place or another. I could waste time. But why.

Hope you handle it well. At some point we all won't have to handle it anymore. In the meantime I keep the choke hold on the heron for sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hopefully I can get back to y'all in 5 years and tell you about it.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sumbîtch, you are some crusty old bàstards on the fire. I thought I was old at 52. I don't have the family history of living past 65 so there's that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My grandparent were active and dropped dead at 82 and 83.
My grandfather built a barn when he was 83.

My parents could not take the garbage out after age 82, and needed assistance to 90.

Those last 8 years were not quality years, but to quote my father, "It beats the alternative"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Z
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Z
I am not that old but getting all makes people call you old man and that doesn't feel so good.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Change my perspective --- some areas of life yes.

I have less patience for dumb, more time for those in need, tend to plan more as I know things take longer, value my free time and time with my family more.

Aches and pains of past adventures remind me to think more before doing and slow things down if difficult.

I take fewer risks when by myself hunting or fishing as I know if I get in trouble with a vehicle it will be much harder to get out now than it was 20 years ago.

I find myself thinking if you do not do it today there may not be a tomorrow so more day trips for things that I / we enjoy.

If I have plans and friends call for breakfast get together I will change plans if possible to meet with them as time is short.

Hugh
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
70 was a breeze. Hunted bighorn sheep with a friend at 72 up to 10,500 feet in the Beartooths. Now, 75 is something else again. Find that my desire is waning a bit. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll turn 73 in 2 weeks , aside from its hard to get up from the floor ,and I can’t remember where I but stuff . It is all the same!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Not to much. Unlike some people I knew at 60 I was an old man.I’m a realist on age. As far as dying I guess I am like my 90 something uncle. My brothers and I went to see him in the nursing home. Asked him how it was going. He said I’m dying but the news is just as good as it is bad. He left the world shortly after that. Kinda my thoughts. Edk

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I’ll turn 73 in 2 weeks , aside from its hard to get up from the floor ,and I can’t remember where I but stuff . It is all the same!!

It's probably a good thing that you don't remember where you "but stuff"!! Just saying 🤷🏻‍♂️ out of curiosity, how often do you stuff buts inorder to not remember? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Diesel Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Old guy I knew as a young feller was asked how old he want to live to. He quickly said 106. They asked why 106, that's an odd number. He replied because you don't hear of many people dying after that.

Diesel Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Dying is not to worry about. We all are going do it. It's the living part that can be sporty.

Being lucky enough to live this long makes me feel obligated to put some serious thought into the best use of the last quarter.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The genetic factordoes play into it a lot. Then accidents, and behavior.

My ggreat granddad hand dug ditches for gas lines at 80. At 90 he could jump and kick a tree limb as high as his head. At 95 he broke a hip and declined, died at 102 bedfast

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by zoddthegod
I am not that old but getting all makes people call you old man and that doesn't feel so good.
I'd be honored to be called old man. It signifies an accomplishment.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (06hunter59, 160user, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,518
Posts18,472,519
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.