Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by COLO_western
Anyone here use Wiggy's insulated jackets, gloves, etc? I visited the shop the other day and the man himself showed me around. It was sort of a weird experience.

Does the stuff hold up well? Is it well constructed? Does the insulation lose its loft less quickly than other types?

The guy may be a little different but I found him to be gracious and helpful. I'm a big guy and he made a bag that fit me perfectly. And yeah, it's heavier than some of my bags have been, but SO much more comfortable...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have two of the zero degree bags.

They're great for winter camping with scouts.

In my opinion, they're too heavy to use backpacking.

I like that you don't have to baby them liked down.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Somewhat off the specific topic, but definitely avoid Wiggy’s over-boot lightweight waders. Nice idea, but mine and my hunting partner’s leaked like crazy on an ANWR caribou hunt a few years back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie

Goalie...

Vikings in the woodpile?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by goalie

Goalie...

Vikings in the woodpile?

🤣😂🤣😂😁

They had to make shelters in Cub scouts. We (the parents) decided that we'd actually camp year round starting early. That has paid off as they have become older.

On the plus side, there were no bugs. 😜

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually ordered a new bag from Wiggy today. Full mummy with hood. 20 deg rating.

Getting older, but I still go places where it's nice to have a decent sleep.

Someone recommend the best pad I can sleep on, please?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Agnes insulated Air Core if you're sleeping on the ground.

Cot with 4" memory foam if you are not. I really like my Davis Tent cot. It hell for stout and not horribly hard to set up, but definitely not as easy as a Byer easy cot. If you're gonna be moving often, get the Byer. If it's gonna be setup for more than a few days in one spot, get the Davis. I used the Davis cot/pad as a bed for months as my only bed for a couple times during remodels. It is comfortable!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks

Cots don't generally work well, for me. I'm 6'7" and 340 lbs.

I still have my old cabelas 500 lb cot, but don't sleep well on it. I did use it quite a bit when I was younger and before shoulder replacement.
I feel like I'm better off on the gfround.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
Thanks

Cots don't generally work well, for me. I'm 6'7" and 340 lbs.

I still have my old cabelas 500 lb cot, but don't sleep well on it. I did use it quite a bit when I was younger and before shoulder replacement.
I feel like I'm better off on the gfround.
The cot is 7' long. Not sure if that's enough freeboard for you or not. I bet most sleeping pads aren't much, if any, longer. I can guarantee you wont exceed the weight limit on the Davis. Me with a chick exceed your weight by more than a bit. We didn't break it. And we weren't being still...

https://www.davistent.com/product-category/big-boy-cots/

Last edited by pointer; 08/25/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty sure that's the same cot I've got, from cabelas. They didn't do a video, bnut had pics of a bunch of big guys standing on it.

It won't break, but at my age and condition, it's not great for sleeping on either.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I tried a pair of his socks several years ago. Late season cow elk and a foot of snow. Below zero most of the time. Feet were warm and dry. Boots were my Crispi non insulated and gaiters. His mittens flat work also. Can’t speak for his clothing since I done have any.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by cwh2
I'm still packing my Wiggys bag. Talk about upgrading it every year - maybe this will be the year. It still works for me, but there are certainly lighter options.

Never used any of their clothes.

I bought a down bag this year. The stone glacier chilcoot 0 degree. Good bag and very comfortable. Tons of room, probably a good pound lighter than the old Wiggys. Packs down smaller too. Nowhere near as warm on the underside where the down compresses, which was a new thing for me.

Still can't cuss the Wiggys bag. I think it still out performs down in some respects.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a pair of Wiggy's Waders for 10 years or so. They work awesome for crossing the occasional river or stream.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I love my 0 degree Wiggys big man mummy bag. I’ve been using it for 12+ years and I have no desire to get a different bag.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew it was late, for a Christmas order, but my realized that my Grandsons both needed better sleeping bags than they'd been using.

Got online about 2 weeks ago and saw Wiggy had some pretty nice bags on sale. Ordered 2 of them out, on a wednesday, and then wondered when they might arrive. The next day I called and Wiggy answered. I told him what I'd ordered and told him I was wondering if there was a way to get them delivered by Christmas.

Wiggy, "Whats your address"?

I told him my address

Wiggy, "They'll be there"

I tried to tell him I'd pay for whatever shipping cost, etc, and he interrupted me, repeating,"They'll be there". And then he hung up.
That was on Thursday 7 Dec. The box with the bags was at my door on Monday 11 Dec

Thank you Wiggy

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wiggys sleeping bags are bulky and heavy. A friend of mine must have 4 or 5 of them. They're good in cold or if it's wet.

I've got some very spendy sleeping bags but I'm going to try a Wiggys bag

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Love my Wiggy's.. It' not a back pack bag thou.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wiggy used to post here like pointer said. Told anyone who read him that gore-tex was a fraud.
I thought he'd gone to the big bag in the sky.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was just talking to our son about this very thing. He needs a bag for his backcountry adventures and I recommended Wiggys so I guess sleeping bags are now a generational legacy on my household thanks to Wiggys. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Had a Wiggy's sleeping bag when I lived in Alaska. At the time if you were active duty military he discounted anything in the catalog by 50 percent. Pretty damn good military discount. I liked his sleeping bag a lot, but it was a bit heavy for backpacking.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 51 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.