Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I don’t mind a "good" movie. As long as one would be made. I as well as several others couldn’t stop laughing during the screening of The Patriot when the Mel Gibson dude tells the Tarelton clone that all the blacks on his property are freedmen and free to go where they wish!!! In South Carolina no less!!!

Nothing like signing their own death warrant for them!

Ya, that and them psychotically evil Brits burning civilians alive and whatnot. I mean sure some people across The Pond were doing all that but they was all Irish 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I don’t mind a "good" movie. As long as one would be made. I as well as several others couldn’t stop laughing during the screening of The Patriot when the Mel Gibson dude tells the Tarelton clone that all the blacks on his property are freedmen and free to go where they wish!!! In South Carolina no less!!!

Ya, that and them psychotically evil Brits burning civilians alive and whatnot. I mean sure some people across The Pond were doing all that but they was all Irish 🙂

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!

Yeah the only instance back then of folks being lit up to my knowledge is the Gnadenhuten massacre. When the Pennsylvania militia burned up all those Moravian Indian wimmens and chilluns in their church. Knocked all the men in the head while they prayed, with a cooper’s mallet in their council house.

But I digress.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok. I see your point there. Guess they couldn’t lay track as fast a federal forces were tearing them up. 😁

Two inventions that doomed the South; the cotton gin and the steam engine. The gin for making cotton a commercially-viable crop, and the steam engine for powering those English textile mills. The two acting in concert to make slave-grown cotton such a viable concern across the South.

The best part of this Emancipation movie is the depiction of the process of ginning cotton with hand labor, with a really cool looks like a working cotton gin. I’ve never seen that in a movie before.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Why would slave owners let their extremely valuable property be treated thusly?

Slaves were bought just to be beat and abused around the clock. According to Hollyweird, anyway....

No they were not bought to be tortured but the end result of taking feral tribesmen out of the jungle, and forcing them into labor, was feral tribesmen being beat to schit fairly often.

This was also not unique to the United States. Rather it had been going on for centuries. And still is today.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Rwanda. Hutus and tutsis.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Slaves heads impaled in sticks? A pit full of bodies?

So to be historically accurate, when in the movie are the railroad overseers arrested for murder?

There were a lot of laws in the USA (and CSA) about treatment of slaves. It’s been ignored in history books, and I’m sure enforcement was hit or miss according the local sheriff’s point of view. But in most if not every, states, intentional killing was not legally justified for apprehending an escaped slave.

Most slaves who managed to escape from their owner’s property were apprehended and returned fairly quickly. Besides, killing him for running kind of defeated the purpose of owning him in the first place. Since an owner knew the vast majority who left would be returned, why destroy one’s own property?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't need to watch it. It will be, "Negro good, whitey bad."

Supposedly this poor nig-ro was brought over from Haiti. Ironic they show how bad he had it in RACIST USA.
Just think he could have stayed in Haiti, and his descendants would live under the most oppressive and poor country, with the worst medical care in the Western Hemisphere, a country, Haiti, run by nig-ros since 1796.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by zoddthegod
Not watching anything with Will Smith on it.

Especially if he's playing an Haitian. They have been "white-free" since 1810 -after they slaughtered the French-, and all they have accomplished is Zombies stories...

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah the only instance back then of folks being lit up to my knowledge is the Gnadenhuten massacre. When the Pennsylvania militia burned up all those Moravian Indian wimmens and chilluns in their church. Knocked all the men in the head while they prayed, with a cooper’s mallet in their council house.

But I digress.

Crazy James Vann, Cherokee Chief, did famously burn a slave at the stake for stealing, I wanna say 1820’s or 1830’s, but then as one of the wealthiest men in North America at that time he could afford that extravagance.

Meanwhile them famously violent Paxton Boys, a bunch of Scots-Irish Prods who perpetrated that infamous Gnadenhuten Massacre by hand had just previously taken out a bunch of refugee Conestogas.

In their defense though, Author Alan W. Ekhert had it that the Miami (??) raiders they were chasing had abducted the fiancé of a young Paxton man and, being closely pursued had left the naked body of the young woman scalped and grotesquely impaled upright on a sapling for the Paxton Boys to find, said impalement before or after death unclear.

One of the perpetrators then giving her dress to the impoverished Moravian Indians, that dress sealing their doom.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!

Yeah the only instance back then of folks being lit up to my knowledge is the Gnadenhuten massacre.

Found it. The Scullabogue Barn Massacre, 100+ men, women and children torched in a barn. 1798.

Durn it, I had heard that this was Catholics burning Protestants and it mostly was, but there were Catholics and Prods on both sides of those barn doors. It was Rebels burning Loyalists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scullabogue_Barn_massacre

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks Birdy. I did not know about that one!!!

Founder

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
What I want know if why does history always gotta be so complicated 🙂

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It shouldn’t be. Just history given with context. It always turns into hidden agendas and distorted context.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dp1975
If the Civil War was fought over slavery as most re-tards and Nig-gers say.

It hasn’t been just them, South Carolina, the first State to secede in 1860 said is was also. Heck, Missippi said it was all about slavery, but then in South Carolina and Mississippi both there were more slaves than their were free people. A couple of other seceding Confederate States said it too...

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

And then there’s that infamous “Cornerstone” speech where the Confederate Veep Stephens who said in 1861 that slavery was “the immediate cause of secession”. No surprise really, most wars are ultimate about money and slave-grown cotton was like 80% of Southern exports.

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/primary-sources/cornerstone-speech

Why did Lincoln’s proclamation only free slaves in states that were in armed conflict with the US….not all slaves. Slaves in Union states remained slaves.

If it was really about groids in chains why did he wait almost 3 years of a bloody war to make his proclamation?

If nothing else Lincoln was a brilliant Politician. We know how that war turned out. At the time the eventual outcome was very much in doubt up until the very end.

November of ‘64, Lincoln actually believed he was gonna get beat by the Democrat McClellan, and indeed if McClellan had won his platform was he was gonna cease hostilities and negotiate a settlement. At the very least this would buy the South some time and might well have resulted in some degree of Southern autonomy.

1862 the big fear was England would recognize the Confederacy as a divided US woulda been to her advantage. Queen Victoria however was an avowed Abolitionist.

The Emancipation Proclamation was an attempt to make the war “about slavery” on the International scene, when Lincoln had always stated, as did the vast majority of the Union rank and file, that for him the war was about preserving the Union.

The reason the EP took so long was that Lincoln had to wait until the North looked like they could win, that event was the Battle of Antietam, September of 1862. It worked. Why didn’t that include Maryland and other Border States? Politics, Lincoln could not risk fracturing what was left of the Union even further.

How did Lincoln really feel about slavery? For that you gotta look his masterwork, the 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery everywhere, not just in the South but in the Border States also.

Political maneuvering to get that Amendment passed over considerable opposition occupied much of the last year of his life. Lincoln would not live to see his 13th Amendment passed into law.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It shouldn’t be. Just history given with context. It always turns into hidden agendas and distorted context.

The great author Leo Tolstoy once wrote, "History would be a wonderful thing ... if it were only true." smile

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
On another note, headed to Chalmette 6 January with the fellas. Join up with Old Hickory and the 7th US Inf.

Haven’t been since 2007! Should be interesting

Founder

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
On another note, headed to Chalmette 6 January with the fellas. Join up with Old Hickory and the 7th US Inf.

Haven’t been since 2007! Should be interesting

On the home front, due to a change of schedule, I may finally be able to make it next year to the December trade fair at Goliad where you scored that cool pistol.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I think I have something better to do during that time frame.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
One of my GG granddaddy’s was a slave owner the slaves freed kept the last name I always wondered as a child why until somebody told me.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (16gage, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 1minute, 55 invisible), 2,981 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,955
Posts18,519,375
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.