Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't shoot anything again tonight. Passed up a little buck with a kind of silly little rack - not much wider than his head - each antler curved up with a little fork at the end of each. He was nosing along at twelve yards - drew as he passed a couple of little trees and held on him. He stopped at just about a perfect quartering angle when I "urped". Let down as he walked away - never quite seems to set up that perfectly when its a bigger one. Didn't feel in the least cheated by anything as I got to spend another day in the outdoors: wind-protected valley, big red squirrel performing acrobatics on flimsy branches and making a ruckus in the leaves, brief period of rain sprinkles, beautiful pink sunset, walking up over the hill and down in the dusk. Just wanted to express my appreciation of it all to those who would understand. Thanks for listening. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Understand completely!Still have doe tags so went out Wed A.M. and got to view nature in progress,saw 13 different buck,as 1st thing 3 grunting buck chased a doe all around past my stand.The next 3 and 1/2 hours consisted of trolling buck coming thru with nose to the ground search'in for love.Never saw another doe to shoot,didn't kill any thing but was one of my most enjoyable days afield in quite a while....

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yep, I'm with you on the 'just being out there' pleasures..

Whether it during the season or ranging-scouting thru the rest of the year, I always see and learn and enjoy when I'm in hunting country.
I really appreciate all of nature's wonders..

It's just great to be ABLE to get out there! Jim

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you know, you've got to feel sorry for the rest of the population who don't understand, or ever get a chance to experience these feelings. to me every hunt is a success, regardless of the final outcome. just the fact that we're able to get out in the woods to enjoy nature & learn different things each time we go is a reward.

-ken

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 11 invisible), 1,503 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.