Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by rost495
bible quotes are not silly
Agreed!

using bible quotes on a hunting site is.

And its always the clueless hypocrites who love to use them

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka
They are getting pretty darn ridiculous.

So what are the root causes of high inflation, raised prices now in the world?

Any ideas? lol
We all know the federal money spending spree is the cause of inflation. Medical costs were spiraling up long before 2020.

other reasons for higher inflation

The sanctions against Russia which you supported caused a big jump in inflation worldwide and shortages

Printing and giving over 150 billion to Ukraine which you supported helped devalue our dollar

Open borders which you support which have drastically driven up medical costs because tens of millions of uninsured illegal aliens over running or medical system

shutting down the economy during Covid which you supported

clueless

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Socialized medicine will inevitably lead to euthanasia as a viable treatment option. We're only a handful of years behind Canada in the US.

Socialized medicine isn't about money. It's about control. The controllers raise the costs of medical treatment to the point where they can justify killing people.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gooberment regs and lawyers

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Roughly 30 million Americans have ZERO medical insurance and they DON'T pay their hospital and doctor bills.

That is a monstrous part of the reason doctors and hospitals charge you and me catastrophic rate, we pay the bills for those lame pukes.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OldHat: Well some one has to make up for all the free "care" and free "medications" that the millions upon millions of illegal aliens are running up!
That some one is apparently YOU (and me!)!
Welfare rats, alcoholics, drug addicts, illegal aliens, anchor babies, ghetto spawn and other scammers are one of the main reasons medical care is so expensive.
Get used to it - it is only going to get worse.
This country is going to be destroyed from within - the chi-coms and rooskies only have to be patient and they can walk on in and put our bread basket areas, natural resources, energy supplies and real estate to their own uses.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Certainly, in a world where the United States is the only developed country without a national healthcare system, we could turn to all the other examples and find a system that works for us. There are many examples throughout the world, single payer, government administered, privately administered etc.

Our current system is unsustainable and will bankrupt this country. Almost 20% of the GDP is spent on healthcare and it continues to rise.
I pay $1500/month for a United Healthcare plan for a family of 4. That is more than my mortgage and homeowners' insurance combined.

Here's a chart that shows where we stand in costs per GDP
Healthcare per GDP

Last edited by gsganzer; 12/13/22.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Multifactorial like every other problem in our Country and truly a broken system.

A few of the many contributors include .gov, regulations and bureaucracy, "big business" medicine and associated "spin-offs", third party payer system, the legal system/attorneys, big Pharma, education system/costs, greedy and/or dishonest providers, wasteful consumers, unrealistic consumer demands, and "deadbeat" consumers who do not pay for care. These are a few of the causes. Many times you can just follow the money! Many Americans profit from this system, not just providers.

Probably too big to really fix without a lot of pain or catastrophe but, sadly, that is so true of many things in our Country now.

Excessive/oppressive government control is not the answer... we lose our freedoms. Similarly, run-away capitalism is no better... we lose our freedoms to another set of crooks.

So hard to find a balance anymore on much of anything. I am glad to leave the broken system behind in one sense (I tried to treat people the way I would like to be treated) but now I get to enjoy it from the other side as a consumer. I am not optimistic if that is not already obvious!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My health insurance went up 20% for 2023.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
My health insurance went up 20% for 2023.

And Medicare costs will drop by $5/month while Social Security payments will increase 8.7%.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by lundtroller
Multifactorial like every other problem in our Country and truly a broken system.

A few of the many contributors include .gov, regulations and bureaucracy, "big business" medicine and associated "spin-offs", third party payer system, the legal system/attorneys, big Pharma, education system/costs, greedy and/or dishonest providers, wasteful consumers, unrealistic consumer demands, and "deadbeat" consumers who do not pay for care. These are a few of the causes. Many times you can just follow the money! Many Americans profit from this system, not just providers.

Probably too big to really fix without a lot of pain or catastrophe but, sadly, that is so true of many things in our Country now.

Excessive/oppressive government control is not the answer... we lose our freedoms. Similarly, run-away capitalism is no better... we lose our freedoms to another set of crooks.

So hard to find a balance anymore on much of anything. I am glad to leave the broken system behind in one sense (I tried to treat people the way I would like to be treated) but now I get to enjoy it from the other side as a consumer. I am not optimistic if that is not already obvious!

This about covers it completely.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to pay Cobra insurance rate, now I'm on long term disability through work.
New Bill came in with an increase.
How bout 1857 bucks a month !
Gotta have it to cover my back surgery....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA
Roughly 30 million Americans have ZERO medical insurance and they DON'T pay their hospital and doctor bills.

That is a monstrous part of the reason doctors and hospitals charge you and me catastrophic rate, we pay the bills for those lame pukes.

Add in what all these border jumpers will do to that equation. They all need to be trebuchet'd back over the wall. Every last one of them. F**k amnesty.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by JeffA

Add in what all these border jumpers will do to that equation. They all need to be trebuchet'd back over the wall. Every last one of them. F**k amnesty.

Agree. We cannot seriously address medical care, education system, social security reform, medicare/medicaid (the list goes on and on) until we first address immigration reform, including those that are already here illegally and new arrivals.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
My daughter has health insurance through the teachers union it sucks. She had an emergency appendix operation, went in at 8am out at 6pm cost was $80k. She's on the hook for her $5k deductible. Our health care insurance went up 40% but come September I get Medicare so we'll see how all that plays out.

Life is good live it while you can.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Think city has 8k deductible, not sure what county is.
Horrible insurance
And a bunch of fat folks and chainsmokers.
They gotta be going broke w their poor health habits.
Then again, maybe thats why its so high.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Surgery Center of Oklahoma.

They have a menu of costs for procedures. Two Cattlemen friends use them and speak highly of the facility.

Two cattlemen friends!

That explains where old toot, chief howler monkeys bullshit comes from😂

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
O
OldHat Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I have to pay Cobra insurance rate, now I'm on long term disability through work.
Wow! Cobra only lasts 18 months from my understanding.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Wow! Cobra only lasts 18 months from my understanding.

I believe that federal law mandates 18 months and the costs are carried in full by the insured party meaning that the insured party pays their normal part plus what the company used to pay typically costing around 110% more than before cobra was used.

The long term disability payments from most companies equals the company’s part per month plus SS’s part per month to equal approximately 50% of what the employee’s monthly salary was at the time of disability.

It’s been a while since being familiar with these processes and much may have changed from what I listed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
My daughter has health insurance through the teachers union it sucks. She had an emergency appendix operation, went in at 8am out at 6pm cost was $80k. She's on the hook for her $5k deductible.

Originally Posted by hookeye
Think city has 8k deductible, not sure what county is.
Horrible insurance.

Those with high deductible insurances need to start a health care savings account so they can be better prepared.

You don't have to pay taxes on your contributions to such a account. There is a yearly cap on contributions.

I've maxed out my allowable amount every year and built up enough funds to cover my deductibles.

For me it amounted to about a 30% savings so my $5000 deductible actually cost me $3500.

If you have a health care savings account and become unemployed, you are allowed to make Cobra insurance payments with you health care savings funds IF you are actively collecting unemployment benefits. That's another 30% off those high Cobra payments when you most need it.

Folks need to take advantage of every savings offered and be prepared financially for their unexpected health needs before they arise.

Of course we could always just buy nicer pickups and cooler guns and worry about our personal healthcare needs when and if they enter the picture.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

708 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 3,264 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,308
Posts18,526,148
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.