Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
But have you ever missed a turkey at 10 yards, forgotten how to clear your gun, thrown it on the ground, and attacked the bird with a branch? laugh
Can't say that I have.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
In the Viking era, they called such a man a Berserker. He was probably wearing a horned helmet when he did it.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A camo horned helmet.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A viking helmet with little turkey spurs for horns.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Luther's Viking Berserker Turkey Attacking Helmet

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What size ??

4X Fat ??

😁

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
C
CFL Offline
C
Originally Posted by Yoder409
What size ??

4X Fat ??
Not sure if the vikings let the dOwn syndrOme be berserkers, hard to forge a helmet big enough.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I got a question. If Luthers calls are such crap, why the hell do people pay thousands of dollars for them ? That just doesn't make sense.

C
CFL Offline
C
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I got a question. If Luthers calls are such crap, why the hell do people pay thousands of dollars for them ? That just doesn't make sense.
To put it nicely, a fool and his money are soon parted.

To put it bluntly, he's got a bunch of phuggin retards for customers.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
His calls are nice. I give him credit for that. He uses exotic woods and makes pretty calls. He doesn't make many. And there is a narrow segment of hard core call collectors out there that will pay high prices for a call with his name on it. It's the same with any type of collector. Stamps, coins, art work. There is always someone willing to pay for something most other people thinks is rather mundane.

On the other hand, I've never seen anything innovative in his calls. And not just his. Most trumpet, pots and box calls are all pretty much the same. It's the asthetics, the fact that someone hand crafted it, and the rarity that makes it desirable to some hard core collectors.

You can't sound more like a turkey than a turkey. I've never heard a high dollar turkey call that sounds more like a turkey then a turkey. A $35 Quaker Boy box call sounds as good as most box custom calls costing hundreds. Utilitarian is all you need. But if someone wants to pay extra dollars for asthetics, more power to them.

It would be intersting to know why he bad mouths so many other custom call makers.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It would be intersting to know why he bad mouths so many other custom call makers.

Insecurity.

When you're a loser and you know it, that's all ya got...........try to tear the good people down.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Everyone just catching their breath?! Maybe having some breakfast to replenish their energy?! Lol!

Years ago, I went to a Turkey Hunting Expo. Supposed to be all kinds of people from the industry there. A classifieds area, outfitter's area, some workshops with open discussion... looked great on paper. I understand the commercial side of hunting, don't like what it's become, but I get it. There were a couple works shops I went to and wondered if the people speaking believed what they were spewing, some really far out there stuff and all connected with a sales pitch for something. One person was so bad, in my opinion, I stood up and asked them if anyone else, besides themself, called them an expert! I also know, that one expo in NE IL was not a complete representation of the turkey industry, but it sure spoiled my appetite to ever try one again. Everyone has their own take, and opinion, on shows or expos, but they're just like everything else in life, be careful where you get your information. Maybe someday I'll try another one...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Everyone just catching their breath?! Maybe having some breakfast to replenish their energy?! Lol!

Years ago, I went to a Turkey Hunting Expo. Supposed to be all kinds of people from the industry there. A classifieds area, outfitter's area, some workshops with open discussion... looked great on paper. I understand the commercial side of hunting, don't like what it's become, but I get it. There were a couple works shops I went to and wondered if the people speaking believed what they were spewing, some really far out there stuff and all connected with a sales pitch for something. One person was so bad, in my opinion, I stood up and asked them if anyone else, besides themself, called them an expert! I also know, that one expo in NE IL was not a complete representation of the turkey industry, but it sure spoiled my appetite to ever try one again. Everyone has their own take, and opinion, on shows or expos, but they're just like everything else in life, be careful where you get your information. Maybe someday I'll try another one...

Lotta insight to what you say. Yep.

The big-time staffers have a line to tow. Their sponsors are their paycheck. They say what they're told to..........no matter HOW dumb it is.

Unicoi, from my understanding, is not all that. This isn't Quaker Boy, Primos and Hunter Specialties selling calls.............and deer lure and facemasks. This is custom call craftsmen. Selling calls. And, as I also gather, a whole lot of socializing and telling turkey huntin' lies around a fireplace in the evening.

I'm interested to see what it's really like.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I've been busy telling a creepy, self important, fake ass, retarded lookin fat bitch scumload on another forum how much I think of them and their bullshyt.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
On the other hand, I've never seen anything innovative in his calls. And not just his. Most trumpet, pots and box calls are all pretty much the same. It's the asthetics, the fact that someone hand crafted it, and the rarity that makes it desirable to some hard core collectors.

If you don’t think his calls were innovative you just weren’t into Turkey calls long enough ago to speak on the subject.

That’s like saying Glock wasn’t innovated because a lot of other gun companies are making plastic guns now.

You guys let him get under your skin that’s on you but in the early days of Turkey forums his trumpets were on a very short list of desired calls.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He might make a fine call, but his attitude on this board would preclude me from purchasing one.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What's innovative about them? He didnt invent the trumpet. His appears to be copies of Turpins.

And anyone that purposefully acts to get under someone's skin is called an azzhole. It's not okay.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 01/05/23.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
What's innovative about them? He didnt invent the trumpet. His appears to be copies of Turpins.

And anyone that purposefully acts to get under someone's skin is called an azzhole. It's not okay.

The guys always been cordial and helpful with me in the half a dozen or so phone calls I’ve had with him over the last 15 years. There’s a bunch of drama queens in here if you guys want to argue over who’s the queen b that’s on you.

But don’t be so obtuse to ignore his call making abilities you just look retarded. The guy made a fully functional ivory box and you can’t think of what he did that was innovative.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No one is ignoring hs call making skills. It's a skill lots of call makers have. But blinging up someone's design isn't innovative. I've seen.lots of box and slate calls made out of different hings. In the end, they're box calls and slates.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
That'd be 98% of the guys on the campfire. Not so much on this particular forum but many/most of the others. Sheeit, most of them I couldn't sit around a campfire with for 5 minutes without it coming to bloodshed if they talked the way they do here.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,455 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,682
Posts18,493,903
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.