Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
One can still get deals on GunBroker, just have to be diligent and add about 15% to your winning bid as a buyer premium.

One method I have used with success in the recent past is to do a search under the category of "guns and gun parts". Do not enter in what to search for and tap the search icon. It will list about 417 pages of firearms, with auction ending times in chronological order, from about 1 minute left on. Have found a few "sleepers" that way.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have one, a 7mm-08, like it a lot

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I would love to have a Remington Model Seven KS in 35 REM in my grubby little paws.........

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The 222 Is The Holy Grail Of The Model 7's . New The Box..Is Harder To Find..I'd Say It'll Go For Over $3000...Worth It, Not To Me. But Someone..

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The prices for M7s have been out of whack for a while now.

I've got 3 currently; .223, .260, and a 350RM. I really like the action length, so I've got a search going on GB with daily updates. I'd like to find another one that I can turn into a .338Fed, but every one I've bid on goes higher than I'm willing to pay because my .350RM sort of fills that niche.

Last edited by Chuck_R; 12/24/22.

“Might does not make right but it sure makes what is.”
IC B2

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
So I have a Model 7 SS HS in 308 in the box still. I bought it because it was so light and that HS stock with the green webbing was beautiful. But I really want……. Don’t hate….
A Ruger Guide Gun in 30/06. I know. I’m
Nuts.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Like both my Model Seven's, a 223 and a 7-08. I could I guess sell all my other hunting rifles and use them for everything I hunt.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DrDeath
So I have a Model 7 SS HS in 308 in the box still. I bought it because it was so light and that HS stock with the green webbing was beautiful. But I really want……. Don’t hate….
A Ruger Guide Gun in 30/06. I know. I’m
Nuts.

I've dropped all 3 of my M7s into the HS Precision stock, and each time it improved the accuracy a little bit. On my .260 it went from a 1.5-2MOA rifle to sub MOA just by changing the stock. It was one of the few times I wrote a manufacturer to compliment them. Before that I tried a bunch of loads to get that rifle to shoot.

In the past couple years though I've gone on a lightweight kick and changed out the HS stocks for a couple of Manners carbon fiber's. Each rifle dropped about 12 ounces, average weight of a manners EH8 is right at 24 ounces. My .350RM which was pushing 8 1/2 pounds "all up" is now right at 7lbs. I've got one more of the HS stocks (tan with Black web) that I'm hanging on to incase I do finally find another M7 "Deal".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My model 7 in 308 I bought this summer accounted for 4 deer this year and is by far my most favorite rifle that I've carried in years. Paid a little more than I should have and don't regret it one bit.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I guess it's in the deck of cards in the game of life. Seems you search forever for things no longer made that you wished you would have bought. Then when you find it the price is more than you are willing to pay or you don't have any extra cash. So the deal is discarded to the " bucket list". Fast forward 3-5-8-15 etc years and there it is right in front of you but with the price increase, you have the cash do you still want it? Such is the case with me in M7's way back when I bought a walnut stocked m7 in 6mm ,the butt had been cut to 12.5" .some rancher did that to make a starter gun for his sons. I figured it would work for my daughter had a 2.5 x 7 Redfield wideview on it $369. She had no interest in being a hunter. So after a few years I sold it to a guy with a 10 year old daughter and a 6 yr old boy. The girl handled it and didn't want to give it back to dad, I could see the hope in her eyes. So I sold it to him for what he could afford to pay not what it was worth but more than I payed. Last year
I found another walnut stocked m7 in 6mm rem absolutely mint no scope but rings and bases . It had never been used much. 550 but worth it my daughter is 23 now and I'm still hoping she gets the itch to hunt. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
First year production gun I believe. Smooth bolt, schnable fore end and wood and bluing that is spectacular. It’s a once in a long time type gun. I own one or two model 7s. These are neat guns that are classic looking not like some of newer way overpriced custom or semi custom light weight guns sold today. There’s a reason why they make chocolate and vanilla!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Can’t really use a collectable one like that as a benchmark. Doesn’t seem out of line to me as such, but for actual use, NFW. I have a couple or three nice rifles, but they all get used, not stuck away like precious gems.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Knew a guy who owned a Model Seven in 17 REM. Only one I have ever seen in that caliber.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rule #1 of gun collecting.

Retard guns that make little sense and are discontinued due to lack of interest are
instant my highly coveted and persued the moment they are discontinued.

Everyone wants something others can't get.

Price a M-7BDL in 6mm sometime.
No one wanted them, they bought 243s.
Now.....

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 12/24/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMO, the Model 7 Predator rifles are one of the best shooting rifles ever made. I have had several of them, currently have 3, and all have been very accurate right out of the box. I have one in 223 that will be one of the last guns I'd ever part with.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I got a threaded barrel 308 I’d trade for a model 70 308 featherweight if the situation ever occurs

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have this same rifle. My did started me off deer hunting with it, killed my first couple of deer with it. It's a pleasure to carry when hunting. I think I can understand the appeal and pricing on this one.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JamesJr
IMO, the Model 7 Predator rifles are one of the best shooting rifles ever made. I have had several of them, currently have 3, and all have been very accurate right out of the box. I have one in 223 that will be one of the last guns I'd ever part with.

It's funny, because right before Rem went under they were going for around $400 in some places. I almost ordered one in .223, but contacted Remington and was told they put a 1:12 twist in those, VS the 1:9 in the regular M7 .223s. I wanted something I could practice with and I already had 3 other .223s shooing 69 OTMs. So I bought a regular M7 at just under $600. I really should have bought one in .243 for coyotes and a "lender" deer rifle. Now on GB they're going for twice what I could have gotten one for.

My M7 .260 was about a 1.5-2 MOA rifle initially, the HS Precision stock tightened it up to sub MOA, but it was still the worst fouling barrel I've ever had. Accuracy would drop off after 15rds and it was a really PITA to clean. Not an issue for a hunting rifle, but I really like to practice with that rifle. So off it went to PacNor for a 20" Fluted 3Groove "Super Match" barrel in a Bartlein 2B profile. I also order a Manners, had the bolt fluted and the bolt handle skeletonized. It's now my favorite "all around" whitetail rifle.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

and it shoots well with 120 BTs and ABs

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chuck_R
Originally Posted by JamesJr

It's funny, because right before Rem went under they were going for around $400 in some places. I almost ordered one in .223, but contacted Remington and was told they put a 1:12 twist in those, VS the 1:9 in the regular M7 .223s. I wanted something I could practice with and I already had 3 other .223s shooing 69 OTMs. So I bought a regular M7 at just under $600. I really should have bought one in .243 for coyotes and a "lender" deer rifle. Now on GB they're going for twice what I could have gotten one for.

My M7 .260 was about a 1.5-2 MOA rifle initially, the HS Precision stock tightened it up to sub MOA, but it was still the worst fouling barrel I've ever had. Accuracy would drop off after 15rds and it was a really PITA to clean. Not an issue for a hunting rifle, but I really like to practice with that rifle. So off it went to PacNor for a 20" Fluted 3Groove "Super Match" barrel in a Bartlein 2B profile. I also order a Manners, had the bolt fluted and the bolt handle skeletonized. It's now my favorite "all around" whitetail rifle.

and it shoots well with 120 BTs and ABs

The first M7 Predator 223's were 1-12 ROT, which is what mine is. Since I was going to shoot nothing heavier than a 55 grain bullet in it, it suited me just fine. The last ones made, and I do not know what date they started, were 1-9's. I know because I had one. My M7 stainless is a 1-9.

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Chuck R- what brand and model tripod is that in the pic? How do you like it???

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1moredeer, 160user, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 1minute, 59 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,801
Posts18,516,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.