Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Maybe our Constitution requiring our currency be backed by precious metals and it isn't NOW gives a clue.

Trumps hero Andrew Jackson? Trump saying the US should be the gold standard of the world.....

Maybe the fact about 20% more silver is used a year than is being mined.....

Maybe the fact the WEF and NWO Illuminati cabal has worked to depress the price of silver for 170 years and they are coming to an end along with the crooked COMEX .....?

Maybe because the WEF and NWO is working to collapse the economy and our fiat currency to force us to accept the economic reset....

Maybe because they are going to fail....

Maybe because Trump and the Patriots are in control and we will have a new Republic with currency backed by precious metals....

Maybe because there are thousands of tons more gold in the US than people know about and much less silver that is used in electronics.....

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
I usually buy my bullion from JM Bullion or APMEX

I have bought from APMEX but silvergoldbull usually beats them on price.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Thanks Stick.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The guy I was buying from for years…….went off his rocker & got very gruff with me over $.87!!??

I kindly ended our business.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cotis
May I ask why people are purchasing silver?

For me it is just part of a broad asset strategy. It hasn't / probably won't even keep pace with inflation, so not so much an investment as a hedge.

I think that the sort of economic doomsday that would require its use is almost impossible in the US. But only almost so it doesn't hurt to keep a few boomer rocks on hand if a person has the means.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you want to know why many folks are stacking Gold and Silver, watch the series by Mike Maloney titled "The Hidden Secrets of Money". You can find it on Youtube.

I believe there are 9 parts. The first part was done about 9 years ago. Still very eye-opening for most who view it.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Use this link to determine prices. Buy gold and 1 ton of lead.

Compare Prices

S.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smallfry
Use this link to determine prices. Buy gold and 1 ton of lead.

Compare Prices

S.

I have this saved as a favorite and use it daily to keep up.

I have probably bought more from SD Bullion and BGASC.com than all others combined, but have also used Bullion Exchange, Monument Metals, Pimbex and Hero.

Basically, I am always on the prowl for deals...especially wrt Silver, the premiums can really work you over so it pays to shop for the best deals.

I mostly buy 1 ounce Sovereign Gold, 1 ounce Sovereign Silver (No Eagles...premiums are stupid high) and some 5 oz and kilo Silver bars.

Most of my Gold is US...Buffalo is No 1 for me, then Eagles, then Pre-33. I also have Gold Britannia and Gold Maple Leaf.

My number 1 Sovereign Silver is the Britannia. I buy them when someone selling at a cut rate premium. I think the lowest premium I have seen on them is $2.99.

You can also find good deals on other Sovereign coins. I have nothing against generic private mint rounds, but if I can get Sovereigns for a dollar an ounce more, I will usually go with the Sovereign for the recognition and premium retention.

All that and $2 will get you a McDonald's coffee!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't bought any in a few years. Last purchase was from these folks.
https://www.montanararities.com/

Thanks for the links to others.

I buy it as a hedge against total collapse of our fiat currency.

Hope it just sits in the safe until my nephews get to piss it away.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You can get taken for a lot of money by the big advertisers for gold and silver. The ones you hear on conservative radio. I called one of them for their price on one pound of VG grade Morgan dollars. One pound is not 16 troy ounces, it is 14.58 if not terribly worn. 1921 VG dollars aren't worth a whole lot over melt. 14.58 X $25 is $ about $364.50. They wanted over $900.

On another note, there is something strange about the lack of rise in precious metal prices considering the inflation which is devaluing the fiat currency of the USA. I suspect that a lot of the gold and silver being traded only exists on paper and therefore is worth about as much as a U.S. gold certificate was in 1934. Actually it is worth less. At least you could get a $10 Federal Reserve Note in trade for your $10 gold certificate.

And you can be certain if push comes to shove there will be serious legal sanctions put on the ownership and trade in precious metals. For 40 years you couldn't own gold money in this country and right now I don't believe you can make a contract payable in gold or silver. Federal Reserve Notes (debt instruments) are legal tender for ALL debts public and private. Says so on your dollar bill.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I suspect that a lot of the gold and silver being traded only exists on paper

Someone....I think it was Elon Musk....once said that a certificate saying you own gold is not the same as owning gold.

A lot of people don't recognize that so there are loads of scams running. People like (((Peter Schiff))) will happily store "your" gold in his vault and you can be 100% certain that if matters took a dark turn you'd have a tough time getting it out. Same for ETFs like GLD or SLV, though those don't pretend the assets that back them belong to the shareholders, if indeed there are actual assets backing them 1:1, which at any given time there probably are not.

As for legal tender, there is no federal statue that requires a private business to accept Fed Notes.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I don't believe you can make a contract payable in gold or silver. Federal Reserve Notes (debt instruments) are legal tender for ALL debts public and private. Says so on your dollar bill.
Yep, the good old Legal Tender Laws of the 1930s. They were challenged in court by people who held valid contracts to be paid in gold or silver coin. The courts held that the Legal Tender Laws were Constitutional, despite the Constitution, in plain words, prohibiting the acceptance of anything but gold and silver coin as money. So those contracts were converted by the courts into contracts for Federal Reserve Notes on a one Federal Reserve Note Dollar per 1/35th ounce of gold equivalency.

The part of the Constitution requiring only gold and silver coin be accepted as money has never been repealed. It's only been ignored by the Supreme Court. No state is permitted under the plain words of our Constitution to acknowledge anything but gold and silver coin as money, and since all transactions in the US take place within one state or another, that should still be binding on every transaction taking place within the United States, but it's been ruled that it's not.

PS The reason those laws made it to the Supreme Court in the first place was that the lower courts consistently (and correctly) ruled that contracts for payment in gold and silver coin were binding, and could not be discharged by payment in Federal Reserve Notes on a 1/35th ounce of gold pe one dollar Federal Reserve Note equivalency. Said rulings were reversed by the Supreme Court.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks Grandad!!!
He was head cashier/teller at a local bank back in the 40's-50's & early 60's.
He went through all of the tills evenings and picked out any gold and valuable silver.

Dad has been gifting it to my brothers and I each Christmas.

FJB & FJT
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Raeford
Thanks Grandad!!!
He went through all of the tills evenings and picked out any gold and valuable silver.

Embezzler, huh?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
On another note, there is something strange about the lack of rise in precious metal prices considering the inflation which is devaluing the fiat currency of the USA.

No sir, not strange at all.

Precious Metals keep up with inflation over the very long term but don't do well during periods when the Fed is raising rates. I've seen this movie before. During the last year, the dollar HAS NOT BEEN DEVALUING against other currencies and risk assets and PM's are sort of a hybrid....part commodity, part currency, part risk asset. The fact that the dollar has been devaluing against gas and groceries is throwing people a curve ball.

I think its a pretty good chance that when the Fed goes back to easy money, likely after it breaks the economy, the PMs could go on a run and perhaps lead the risk assets on the way back up for a time....that will be your adjustment for inflation. I've noticed on this last dip in stocks, PMs are holding up pretty good on a relative basis.....actually very good. During some cycles PMs bottom months before the stock market.

Last edited by RJY66; 12/28/22.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dassa
Thanks Grandad!!!

Embezzler, huh?

Nope, he replaced anything he took with 'Legal Tender'

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I don't believe you can make a contract payable in gold or silver. Federal Reserve Notes (debt instruments) are legal tender for ALL debts public and private. Says so on your dollar bill.
Yep, the good old Legal Tender Laws of the 1930s. They were challenged in court by people who held valid contracts to be paid in gold or silver coin. The courts held that the Legal Tender Laws were Constitutional, despite the Constitution, in plain words, prohibiting the acceptance of anything but gold and silver coin as money. So those contracts were converted by the courts into contracts for Federal Reserve Notes on a one Federal Reserve Note Dollar per 1/35th ounce of gold equivalency.

The part of the Constitution requiring only gold and silver coin be accepted as money has never been repealed. It's only been ignored by the Supreme Court. No state is permitted under the plain words of our Constitution to acknowledge anything but gold and silver coin as money, and since all transactions in the US take place within one state or another, that should still be binding on every transaction taking place within the United States, but it's been ruled that it's not.

PS The reason those laws made it to the Supreme Court in the first place was that the lower courts consistently (and correctly) ruled that contracts for payment in gold and silver coin were binding, and could not be discharged by payment in Federal Reserve Notes on a 1/35th ounce of gold pe one dollar Federal Reserve Note equivalency. Said rulings were reversed by the Supreme Court.
A huge problem with the gold certificates in 1933 was that people were becoming leery of them and wanting the actual gold as promised at $20.67 per troy ounce. There was something over 6000 tons of gold held by the U.S. government and well over 20,000 tons worth of gold certificates out that had been issued by the high and mighty Federal Reserve which is not a government agency. It must be that all the branches of the U.S. government held a conclave and decided that a huge coverup and theft had to be done to hold off a complete collapse and revolution.

The Federal Reserve with the complicity of the Wilson, Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover administrations had financed WW1 and the roaring twenties financial boom with fake money. We've been using fake money ever since and now the world is waking up to the fact that "the emperor has no clothes".

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dassa
Thanks Grandad!!!

Embezzler, huh?

Nope, he replaced anything he took with 'Legal Tender'
I should have add a 😀

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
On another note, there is something strange about the lack of rise in precious metal prices considering the inflation which is devaluing the fiat currency of the USA.

No sir, not strange at all.

Precious Metals keep up with inflation over the very long term but don't do well during periods when the Fed is raising rates. I've seen this movie before. During the last year, the dollar HAS NOT BEEN DEVALUING against other currencies and risk assets and PM's are sort of a hybrid....part commodity, part currency, part risk asset. The fact that the dollar has been devaluing against gas and groceries is throwing people a curve ball.

I think its a pretty good chance that when the Fed goes back to easy money, likely after it breaks the economy, the PMs could go on a run and perhaps lead the risk assets on the way back up for a time....that will be your adjustment for inflation. I've noticed on this last dip in stocks, PMs are holding up pretty good on a relative basis.....actually very good. During some cycles PMs bottom months before the stock market.
Do you think there is fear hiding in the background that precious metals like gold could again be made unlawful for private ownership? There was prison threatened the last time if you hoarded gold. That could put a damper on prices.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't consider PMs to be investments. I consider them to be insurance.

Politics is War by Other Means
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 22250rem, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 54 invisible), 2,069 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,492
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.