Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well done. No question there is plenty of opportunity out there if one chases it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks guys! Had the make a budget, stay out of debt, save for retirement chat with him and GF over Christmas. They’re going to take a personal finance class offered by our Church in the coming weeks.

BB - If your friend attended that same program 30 years ago, my FIL would have been one of his Profs. Small world. Same son worked at Amalgamated last summer as an intern.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Excellent!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
It's a good thing when the offspring leave the nest and flourish like they should...
A reflection of instilling the right stuff in em.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

ARRRGH!!!!

PREZACTLY! And Congratulations to this parents and their Kiddo’s.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just think how much more he would’ve got if he went to BYU-I… Congrats to your boy and a successful launch. Now days seems a lot of parents have a lot failure to launches still living at home.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congrats, you have much to be proud of.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son has a 2 year in CAD (computer aided design) and 19 years later he is making 6 figures. He started out as a CAD drawer and moved into inspections and now he is an assistant field supervisor. Some of that was his work ethic and the desire to move up to the next level. The biggest plus is no college debt. What little he had is long paid off. You taught your son well Ben.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 12/29/22.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I think the young man really screwed up regarding his education. He should have gotten a solid four year degree in something useful, like inner city studies, or maybe transgenderism. Then he could have gone to work for McDonald's. There is a McDonald's in nearly every town. He would be ready to move anywhere.😆

Seriously, congratulations to your son. He has a useful degree that will allow him to be financially successful. Seems like many people these days aren't that smart.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
He graduated with a two year degree in instrumentation and robotics from ISU. Landed a job doing the same at Simplot in Pocatello and will make $77k a year base with OT eligibility. That’s about the same starting wage as engineering majors; at least around here. His fiancee has three semesters left for her MS and then they want to move to Twin Falls. Kids in his program are bringing in over six figures after 3-5 years experience. Nice to see the lil birdies leaving the nest. 2 down, 2 to go.

Glad he has a good head on his shoulders and didn’t major in some garbage BA degree.

Congrats on raising a fine young man

We see it every day where other parents have failed

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was thinking of starting a whore house in my little town but there is no one to hire here. Any CF members interested in working here, may have to run it by hand to begin with, at least till I can get some ladies.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by AZmark
I was thinking of starting a whore house in my little town but there is no one to hire here. Any CF members interested in working here, may have to run it by hand to begin with, at least till I can get some ladies.

wabi will be along soon and straighten UR azz up

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by AZmark

wabi will be along soon and straighten UR azz up

Does he have the "hands on" experience that is needed for such a demanding job?

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
He graduated with a two year degree in instrumentation and robotics from ISU. Landed a job doing the same at Simplot in Pocatello and will make $77k a year base with OT eligibility. That’s about the same starting wage as engineering majors; at least around here. His fiancee has three semesters left for her MS and then they want to move to Twin Falls. Kids in his program are bringing in over six figures after 3-5 years experience. Nice to see the lil birdies leaving the nest. 2 down, 2 to go.

Glad he has a good head on his shoulders and didn’t major in some garbage BA degree.

That is $15k more than the national Engineering Firm I work for is offering graduating engineers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congratulations to you son! My oldest son is a WG10 Blackhawk mechanic for the Army NG. He is also a college student, but he’s making more than his buddy that is an Engineer in Anchorage. My son is a Jr. In college and will graduate in about 18 months since he works FT as well. He will probably take a pay cut initially after graduation, but will be better off in the long run. He’s looking to become an airline pilot.

Last edited by Hudge; 12/29/22.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 52 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,898
Posts18,498,062
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.