Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by BKinSD
We lived in Madison, Wisconsin when I was in school, loved it there. My grandfather's first cousin, a man I'd never met, showed up on our apartment doorstep on a Sunday afternoon about a month after we arrived. Spitting image of the old man, we created a great relationship, hunted and fished all over the place. Wisconsin, South Dakota, Canada even. Wonderful memories.

We took the girls back a few times when they were in their teens to see this magical place and get a feel for it. First visit for them was a weekend in the summer. Saturday midday, we parked near campus on our way to the Terrace. Came round a corner and here's a dreadlocked freak who hadn't showered in a month on a segway leading a bull mastiff in a spiked collar along side. His T shirt read "I don't have sex with humans because corporations F(&C me over everyday."

I laughed my ass off at him and went and downed a pitcher of Spotted Cow all by myself sitting in the sun and listening to live music. I still laugh at him.

Probably win a senate seat there.
One of the most Liberal F’d Up places on earth. .
Not NEARLY as bad as our 'neighbor' to the west... WI. has actually gotten better over the last few years, politics-wise and tax-wise... The GOP-led state Senate has managed to keep our idiot governor's hands tied behind his back - and that's a GOOD thing...

Originally Posted by GAGoober
At least the Musky, Bass & Walleye fishing is still good on the Chain.
Might be, but with this state's draconian laws/rules via the DNR, it's zillions cheaper to buy fish at a fish monger's shop than go on any lake or river... I quit fishing about 15 years ago due to the ridiculous rules, bag limits etc.. Soon there will be a fish in some lake with a number stamped on it and the one you catch has to have it's number match the one on your license or it's the hoosegow for you.. EFF the DNR and its fishing rules...

Last edited by Redneck; 12/30/22.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by 5sdad
"My name is Yon Yonson, I come from Wisconsin, I work in the lumber mills there..."

Translation: "My name is Yon Yonson, I come from Viscoonsin, I vork in da loomber mills dere..."

Wisconsin is a great state, however if Packer fans have a shootout with Brewer fans let's hope there are no survivors...on either side.

We only fight with the west. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I love that shirt. I should have one made that says northern Iowa sucks with a picture of Minnesota on it. In reality, if it wasn't for the twin cities, Minnesota would be a great place to live. Them democRATs can screw up a wet dream.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Wisconsin is alright if you can live with more than half the population being liberal [bleep] even a lot of the wisconites that say they aren’t.

Redneck: you must be one hungry SOB if 5 walleyes, and 25 crappies won’t fill you up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Minnesota from 62/71 then 71/81 in Wisconsin.... I killed most all the game, all the Ducks ,deer ,trapped most of their raccoons , mink and fox.... and i fished the hell out of the rivers from the Mississippi to Brule...I can't believe anybodys still there after what I left them ! Hotter than the gates of he!! All summer

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Hypocrite
Wisconsin is alright if you can live with more than half the population being liberal [bleep] even a lot of the wisconites that say they aren’t.

Redneck: you must be one hungry SOB if 5 walleyes, and 25 crappies won’t fill you up.
Lakes around here limit crappies to 10 or less... Walleyes, maybe two - some lakes are C&R only..

Eff that. By the time one buys a license, has a boat, hauls it to a lake, gets bait and wastes 3-6 hours, one can buy a TON of fish and still save money... EFF the DNR.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Oh, and I forgot... There's the laughable 'slot limit'.... Fish gotta be more than 15" or less than 15.5", (walleyes) or they can't be kept... The trout stream I grew up on had, for decades, a 10-fish limit - they just had to be over 6"... Not now - oh nooooooooooo... Now it's limited to (last I saw) three fish and they had to be over "X" inches in length.. Sunfish used to be a limit of 25/person.. Not now, on many lakes..

For those of us who like fish, getting the limits here are good for a day or two. Then it's off to the lake again (gas, bait, boat, license, you-name-it) to (hopefully) get another batch..

Trust me - going to a fish market is MUCHO cheaper... AND (a yuge bonus) there's NO FREAKIN' SLOT LIMIT, NO BAG LIMIT, AND I DON'T HAFTA BUY A FREAKIN' LICENSE.

WI can keep it's effing fish...

Rant (mostly) over... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by JOG
"My name is Yon Yonson, I come from Wisconsin, I work in the lumber mills there..."

Translation: "My name is Yon Yonson, I come from Viscoonsin, I vork in da loomber mills dere..."

Wisconsin is a great state, however if Packer fans have a shootout with Brewer fans let's hope there are no survivors...on either side.

I love that shirt. I should have one made that says northern Iowa sucks with a picture of Minnesota on it. In reality, if it wasn't for the twin cities, Minnesota would be a great place to live. Them democRATs can screw up a wet dream.

kwg

Take the Twin Cities (and most of Duluth) out of MN and Madison & Milwaukee out of Wisconsin – Minnesota & Wisconsin are the same place with same shirt-off-their-back, midwest-nice folks. But there are some knuckleheads in that bunch too.

WWP53D
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Hey Goon,

What's next.

A what's your favorite color thread?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JOG

kwg

Take the Twin Cities (and most of Duluth) out of MN and Madison & Milwaukee out of Wisconsin – Minnesota & Wisconsin are the same place with same shirt-off-their-back, midwest-nice folks. But there are some knuckleheads in that bunch too.
Spot on...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JOG

kwg

Bingo!

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
At least we don't have bend over for our corporate owned legislature.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Wrapids
At least we don't have bend over for our corporate owned legislature.

Moron Biden voters like you destroyed Wisconsin and Minnysoda

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
And dont forget all the huge bucks we have. All ya got to do is drive a tractor back and forth with the manure spreader and you can just shoot from the hip with your . .257 Roberts and get a 12 point buck every year . Just ask Roundoak.!

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ihookem
And dont forget all the huge bucks we have. All ya got to do is drive a tractor back and forth with the manure spreader and you can just shoot from the hip with your . .257 Roberts and get a 12 point buck every year . Just ask Roundoak.!

*250 Savage, lets not spread any rumors.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wabigoon, on behalf of the campfire I humbly ask that you GFY then get off this site.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Wrapids
At least we don't bend over for our corporate owned legislature.

Moron Biden voters like you destroyed Wisconsin and Minnysoda
Bendover farther bunky.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Techsan
Wabigoon, on behalf of the campfire I humbly ask that you GFY then get off this site.

I think Wabi adds more than you have......

Leave him be

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Westman
Originally Posted by Techsan

I think Wabi adds more than you have......

Leave him be

Westman, when I'm looking for an opinion from somebody from Illinois I'll reach out, thanks.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Loura Ingalls Wilder was from Wisconsin.

Did you hit it?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Charlie, what kind of a question do you call that? Any idea who Loura Ingalls Wilder was?

She wrote the Little House books, not the TV show, the books. laugh

Last edited by wabigoon; 12/31/22.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (12344mag, 160user, 1234, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,526
Posts18,530,734
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.