Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by DonFischer
Someone mentioned there was a rumor that McDonalds had a big problem using it in their hamburgers. Wasn't a rumor. Been a lot of years ago, I drove for Monfort Trans out of Greeley, Colorado. Big meat packer. Out on the road someone would ask what you were hauling on the CB and all our hamburger we refered to as kangeroo meat! Reason for that. Monfort had a plant in Asturalia years ago and the plant manager uped his out put using kangroo meat in the hamburger. Got shipped the McDonalds in the SE US and when it was found out, darn near broke McDonalds! True story!
no spellcheck eh mugilah?

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Used to have it. Don't know where it went now!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks Don, I was at the other end of the spectrum as I shot in to the chiller of the fauna dealer that supplied the meat.

He insisted that you lot got better meat than you paid for, we referred to it as "the roo in the stew".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by DonFischer
Used to have it. Don't know where it went now!

with your assumed intellect perhaps......,

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Like fish in a barrel tonight, now the moon is gone they seem to be standing better

MUD
Over
BLOOD
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I am curious as to rabbits... i understand there is a lot of them and watched a documentary on the efforts to eliminate them and in the show they indicated due to all the poisons, etc done to the rabbits over the years, almost no one ever eats them.... Is this true or just TV misinformation? I have not seen anything about any large scale hunting - processing for consumption.

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sako
I am curious as to rabbits... i understand there is a lot of them and watched a documentary on the efforts to eliminate them and in the show they indicated due to all the poisons, etc done to the rabbits over the years, almost no one ever eats them.... Is this true or just TV misinformation? I have not seen anything about any large scale hunting - processing for consumption.

It is bullshit, calicivirus knocked them about but whenever they build up they are shot and sold.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hard to spot a rabbit these days.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by DBT
There are thousands of them down here atm , the farmer where I shot these Roos went out with a mate they shot 180 for fun , I saw that many in his driveway ,they come and go
I used to eat them as a kid I ran a small ferreting business for pocket money , basically as soon as I could eat duck and venison I just couldn’t go back to rabbits I turned into a rabbit snob smile

Last edited by 35sambar; 04/23/23.

MUD
Over
BLOOD
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 35sambar
Originally Posted by DBT
There are thousands of them down here atm , the farmer where I shot these Roos went out with a mate they shot 180 for fun , I saw that many in his driveway ,they come and go
I used to eat them as a kid I ran a small ferreting business for pocket money , basically as soon as I could eat duck and venison I just couldn’t go back to rabbits I turned into a rabbit snob smile

Whereabouts is that, roughly speaking, state, region, so as not to give away your hunting ground?

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Whereabouts is that, roughly speaking, state, region, so as not to give away your hunting ground?
Southern Victoria

MUD
Over
BLOOD
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

Southern Victoria

That's good, I thought they were largely gone.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Southern Victoria

Dunkeld?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Southern Victoria

Dunkeld?
If I wanted to share where I hunt I wouldn’t be on an American site ….., have some respect mate

MUD
Over
BLOOD
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Aren't you supposed to tie them down?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Aren't you supposed to tie them down?

Only if they jump.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Southern Victoria

Dunkeld?
If I wanted to share where I hunt I wouldn’t be on an American site ….., have some respect mate

I ask as I sent an old Remington extractor to a Trapper down that way...can't have been you though as he didn't seem to be a dick.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
And why has that got anything to do with anywhere I hunt?, what you brought crypto once and want me to put up all my passwords for the world to see incase you have the same words in yours or we all just keep guessing till we figure it out , ? Your being the dick champ , I’m just trying to add abit of content that people here might not get to see , I just don’t want my area getting bombed up because I put afew big Roos up I think anyone would think that’s fair enough

MUD
Over
BLOOD
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You attach too much importance to yourself, as Dunkeld, Maroona, Moyston, Ararat area is known to all and nobody really cares.

As for 'roos...once again, too much importance.

Have a nice day.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Forgot to add...when you finish shooting 'roos for a quid you stop getting paranoid about someone poaching your country.

Something for you to look forward to.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 49 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,095
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.