Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
sorry to hear that ,a dog can part of the family and loosing a great pet is very hard. i have always been a lab man but for now i have no dog anymore. good luck finding your new companion,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 1936M71
Lost my Irish Setter yesterday to IMHA . Thinking of new pup to share my last years with, and hunting an occasional mountain grouse. Smaller setter preferred.any suggestions. Thanks Randall

You might want to go the "The Red Setter field Trial Club" And see what's around. American Field group but smaller dogs Less hair and full of brains. I have three. 10 yr old male and one of his son's and daughter's. Stormy is about 50# if I remember right his son a bit bigger. His daughter, Abby, might make 40# but have never weighted her. The male pup's mom I had, Sis was about Abby's size. As for the hair, Stormy was 10 in last Oct and has never had a haircut. Hair seems harder than E Setter hair and while they do pick up burrs, not even close to what my E Setters did!

Stormy

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Snicker

Abby

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Good looking setters!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chizelhead
Pudelpointer. She's an absolute sweetheart, smart, with amazing prey drive. She calms down in the house and amps up when outside. We've been spoiled. Good luck on your search!

X2 ... If you're not going to use it for water fowl, buy a smooth coat PP. Very clean dogs, very little shedding. Mine is 10yrs old. I've never brushed him. Very biddable. Good with kids and other folks. Kinda goofy but serious when needed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DonFischer
Lost my Irish Setter yesterday to IMHA . Thinking of new pup to share my last years with, and hunting an occasional mountain grouse. Smaller setter preferred.any suggestions. Thanks Randall

You might want to go the "The Red Setter field Trial Club" And see what's around. American Field group but smaller dogs Less hair and full of brains. I have three. 10 yr old male and one of his son's and daughter's. Stormy is about 50# if I remember right his son a bit bigger. His daughter, Abby, might make 40# but have never weighted her. The male pup's mom I had, Sis was about Abby's size. As for the hair, Stormy was 10 in last Oct and has never had a haircut. Hair seems harder than E Setter hair and while they do pick up burrs, not even close to what my E Setters did!

Stormy

Snicker

Abby

Damn Don those are fine looking dogs.mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How about a Scottie? They never quit.

Get two; one for you and one for your wife. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I used to run labs when the waterfowl hunting was good. When it got lousy I switched to English setters and never looked back. My last two setters--- The blue belton)male) is a Decoverly dog, he tipped the scale at 100 lbs. The Orange Belton(female)m is frome from Laural Mt Kennel in the UP of Michigan. Both lived in the house and were fantastic hunters and great friends. I lost the Male several years back. The I ran the femal at my clubs annual youth phesant hunt in Dec and she made a lot of kidds happy by pointing a ton of ringnecks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
My favorite is the Wire Hair Visula. Not common like the short hair, very calm, all weather, smart and great family dog.

Last edited by LeverGunner; 01/17/24. Reason: Spelling
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by LeverGunner
My favorite is the Wire Hair Visula. Not common like the short hair, very calm, all weather, smart and great family dog.

My daughter has a Wire Hair Viszla.
Her's was the first of that breed I'd ever heard of.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,268
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.