Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lawdwaz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Been using the old stand by Kwikee Kwiver on my bow for about 9 years with satisfaction. I like to remove it when I get into the stand and hang it up.

Any recommendations on another quiver that may be better in any way? I see Bowtech/Diamond have a removable quiver but don't know anyone that has one. Opinions?

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Recommend this one http://www.keystonecountrystore.com...ardwoods_Green_HD/Page_1/QVR1893003.html
Alpine Archery has come pretty close to developing the ultimate quiver for a compound bow. The company�s new Soft Loc Pro really delivers on features, and should prove to be just what most bowhunters are looking for. The Soft Loc offer a lot: It holds your arrows at both ends in quiet, vibration reducing rubber; works with standard or mechanical heads (with a removable foam insert) and various thicknesses of shafts; can be shifted up or down or rotated at its mounting point to position your arrows better; has an easy to use �quick detach� feature; and, comes with spacers that can be used to mount the quiver further away from the bow if you have a clearance problem with the arrow rest or sight.

Additionally, the quiver seems quite bullet-proof with its durable, plastic head and rugged aluminum rails. Alpine even provides a lifetime warranty on it. The quiver is available in five camo colors and black.

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

L
Lawdwaz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks I'll check it out.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use the alpine as well......love it.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ive been using a Tree Limb very stable yet easy to remove(one handed)and has a loop at the top for hanging on branch or whatever.Alpines are very nice quivers I have one of them also.The Bowtech/Diamond quivers ive tried seem to take a little more effort to remove.Just my opinion
http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/treelimb-arrow-quiver-p-5906.html

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a Bowtech/Diamond Quiver for my bow and it sometimes is finicky about going on and off, but it holds well. However, I bought a Catquiver mini and really love it for the kind of stalk and ground hunting we do around here. It is very easy to reach back and grab an arrow and stealthily load it for a shot. (The downside is be carefull you don't cut yourself on a broadhead.)It probably would be good for hanging in a tree.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It all depends if you ever shoot with the quiver on the bow. If not I don't see how you can beat the Kwikee. If you plan to shoot with the quiver installed I'd opt for a fixed quiver. A compromise is just that.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
However, I bought a Catquiver mini and really love it for the kind of stalk and ground hunting we do around here.

It probably would be good for hanging in a tree

I moved from the Kwikee to the catquiver and love it. It is easy to hang from a tree.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'd suggest a Matthews quiver, but since you dont shoot a Matthews bow.....it wouldnt work.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Had the Mathews,Alpine is just as good, maybe even a tad better and it won't set ya back over $100 clams...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

L
Lawdwaz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Don't PLAN on shooting a deer with the quiver on the bow. Only to transport arrows. Will look at the Alpine but may just stick with the Kwickee.

Don't want a separate quiver as I only want to haul one thing up into the tree per day other than my azz!

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Bohning makes awesome archery quivers, Bar none.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
kwikee kwiver. light weight inexpensive durable 2/3/4/6 arrow models Really like the 3 version close to home hunting.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
+1 on the Alpine. I love mine.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've got an old Bear leather-top quiver I use for my recurve. Only holds four arrows. In fact, I have two of them. They are held on by spring tension. Very small and neat.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have both the bowtech and the Alpine quivers. I prefer the bowtech but do have issues with it. The quivers mounting mechanism can vary from one to another. Mine removes and reinstalls pretty easy but my buddy has a lot of trouble with his engaging properly - I tried it too and I would have sent it back if it was mine. It can be a little noisy when it locks in after twisting and has to be lined up just right when starting by pushing down and then turning. One you get used to it though it is pretty easy. One other thing is I have the four arrow quiver but load it with three so that I can reach the spring release button OK, with 4 it wouldn't be as easy. They do offer a belt loop attachment that allows you the option of wearing it on your side instead of on the bow. I bought one & never use it though. I figured it would catch on too much brush in the field and prefer just a regular open top arrow holder during practice

I just couldn't get used to the alpine locking in on the rubber attachments, it was hard to do with gloves and a little difficult to remove also in my stand. I think it was cheaper and a pretty decent quiver, and the only negative i can come up with is it just didn't feel right to me after installing & removing many times. It was a lot quieter and it didn't have near the negative issues the bowtech has but just didn't feel real secure after a while and felt harder to install/remove once i got used to the bowtech.
Best thing would be to compare them both yourself because I'm sure you could have just the opposite opinion as mine very easily. FWIW! Good Luck!

L
Lawdwaz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
An the winner is...................Kwikee Kwiver. I'm staying with what has worked good for me for 10 years or so. I know what to expect in most conditions. I like the way it hangs in the tree also.

It will do the job as it has. Thanks all for the great input.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Lawdwaz..
The Quickee quivers have been around for 40 years or so and work pretty well for recurves even when on shoots with them on..:)
( never di d hear what sort of bow you are using)

Good decision considering you have a pair and just want to transport the B-heads to ..and up into the stand..:)
Good luck with your deer hunting, BTW! Jim

L
Lawdwaz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Jim-
Used a Kwikee when I first started to lug a bow around the woods 30+ years ago. The old clamp on the limb style without a hood to protect my "butter-knife" like broad heads when I was just a kid.

Got away from it for quite a few years when using a Delta quiver on my Bighorn recurve from G. Fred back in 1988. Then went with a Selway hip quiver and a couple of the Great Northern bow quivers with much success for a bunch of years.

Started back with a compound back in '98 or '99 and put the quick detach Kwikee on and will continue with it on my new BowTech Guardian.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I left my bow in the woods (at camp) so I don't remember what I have. Does the Alpine have the lever that locks the quiver in place?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (14idaho, 2500HD, 16penny, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 42 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,115
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.