Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Nessmuk
Might solve my wants without spending custom money.

If Savage is the answer, the question is most often wrong. laugh

That's a signature line if I ever saw one!

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I might buy a Turkish Tikka just to see. They are going to sell for less than three and half bills for the synthetic version. It will probably shoot pretty well. Buy a .308 and carry it around in the truck.

Yeah, I found out it was made in Turkey from a YouTube video. I have a Turkish made 28 gauge that does what I ask if it, but I’ve never had a stock that the finish rubbed off on it, until this shotgun.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by OGB
Originally Posted by SKane
Might solve my wants without spending custom money.

If Savage is the answer, the question is most often wrong. laugh

That's a signature line if I ever saw one!
I've never understood hating on Savage in favor of Tikka. If you care about out of the box accuracy and don't mind a bunch of plastic...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Tikkas are also cheap rifles that shoot well, except they aren’t so cheap now. They’re well executed, but they’re pretty soulless and designed for quick and cheap mass production.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
Needs to be left hand.
Yes and also needs to be in 22-250 for me to be a buyer

7 or 8 twist please.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking at the specs on the Savage website, they haven't published a weight. I am wondering why.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Looking at the specs on the Savage website, they haven't published a weight. I am wondering why.

I'm not sure I'd read too much into the omission, re: that they're trying to avoid disclosing the weight. A lot of manufacturer websites are surprisingly bad at relaying what you'd think is important info or just presenting poorly. (It always bugs me that Federal lets you sort by "caliber" but then lists cartridges under the caliber heading.)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

I'm not sure I'd read too much into the omission, re: that they're trying to avoid disclosing the weight. A lot of manufacturer websites are surprisingly bad at relaying what you'd think is important info or just presenting poorly. (It always bugs me that Federal lets you sort by "caliber" but then lists cartridges under the caliber heading.)

I was thinking that it was because they haven't finalized production.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Turkey was always known for shotguns, then pistols. Now they are making rifles. When I was passing through Incirlik Air Base I talked to a Turk that took guys wild boar hunting. Law didn't allow rifles. they hunted with shotgun slugs. Some big damn Russian boars.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

7.5-7.6 lbs per the website.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
It is kind of ridiculous it weighs more than a model 99.
I assume it is in fact built on a short action?

Last edited by Nessmuk; 01/20/23.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

7.5-7.6 lbs per the website.

Ah, they have it listed under the specs for the Creed, but not the 243 or 308. That's not good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If anyone is interested, this rifle is made by ATA Arms in Turkey and has been out in other countries for 4-5 years now. YouTube has quite a few reviews on it from shooters in Australia and New Zealand.

ataarms.com/en/turqua

Also, according to their website it looks like the .308 has a 1:11 twist, .243 1:10 twist, and 6.5 CM 1:8 twist.

Last edited by Hudge; 02/04/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see Savage now has the twist rates listed for their version and they are a hair faster.

1:10 .308, 1:9.25 for .243. 6.5 CM is the same. Not to sure I would want a 20” barrel that’s not threaded at least.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I might buy a Turkish Tikka just to see. They are going to sell for less than three and half bills for the synthetic version. It will probably shoot pretty well. Buy a .308 and carry it around in the truck.

Well, I’d consider one in the walnut stick in .243 just for a range gun. Not to keen on a 20” barrel that’s not threaded though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone know when they may start shipping them?

N
Nessmuk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
After they said no left hand, they can sticka their Turkish Tikka.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cheap rifles have their place, but that place ain’t here. When I hear the words, “for the money”, it’s like when someone recommends a restaurant by saying, “They give you a LOT of food!”, a warning bell.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
CP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A “Turkish Tikka”- I like that description.

I purchased a Sarsilmaz Sar 9, which was my first experience with a Turkish firearm. The Sar 9 has far exceeded my reliability and accuracy expectations. After my horrible experience with a new Smith and Wesson MP 2 10mm, the Sar 9 has reaffirmed that a properly manufactured firearm can perform as advertised right out of the box. So, the first walnut Turkish Tikka in a 6.5 that I can find, I’ll be a buyer at a $500.00 price point. I am willing to wager that it will make a good reliable range rifle for my grandkids and me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Looks like a Savage version of Tikka. Sixty degree lift with three lug bolt? Check. Three round single stack plastic magazine? Check. Identical bolt release? Check. Similar looking bolt shroud? Check. Bolt handle left in the white? Yeah, that too.

Would need to see one in person to make a final judgment, but that is what it looks like from here.

Tikkas are two lug, 70 degree.

The 334 has the oddest, most awkward looking safety I've seen on a modern rifle.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (5sdad, 673, 300_savage, 1minute, 35WhelenNut, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,587 guests, and 956 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,863
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.