Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This Dirtbag refuses to refund me my money.
I bought and paid for a box of bullets on 12-15 and received an empty USPS box on 12-23. The box had a USPS notice taped to it saying sorry for the damage message. Apparently Chad didn’t tape the box up and the box of bullets fell out the side. I sent him two pm’s on 12-23 and another a day later, unanswered. Then I sent him an email on 12-28, which he answered say he was going to file a claim. I told him that’s fine but I would like a refund. He told me that isn’t how it works, I won’t get a refund until USPS says so. He thought they were going to find the bullets and still ship them to me. I told him there was no way in hell they were going to find those bullets and to just refund me and he can deal with the USPS claim. He refused.
So on 1-4 I sent another email asking for the claim number, his response was when I get a chance, never got one.
So on 1-11 I sent him another email asking what’s going on and for a claim number again, still no response.
So on 1-13 another email asking if he was going to refund my money, no response.
This morning sent another email,
What’s going on? Did they find the bullets? Are you going to refund my money? Or are you going to keep ignoring me?
It’s been long enough, I would like my refund. No response.
Now me personally would have refunded my buyers money as soon as they contacted me. But not this Dirtbag. And I must say this is for a $36 box of bullets. F’n joke.
I really don’t even care about the refund anymore, he can shove it up his ass and choke on it. Because obviously that’s were his head is at. I don’t know maybe he’s a bum and don’t have the cash to repay me. Anyway I think it’s bad business on his part.
DEAL WITH CAUTION
Name address and email
Also known as Bearman on VA Gun Trader
chad.dean138gmail.com
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
That is total BS. He should refund you the money. It is his fault. You didn’t receive your item.

Another example of why you should use a lot of tape on boxes, or in this case actually use tape.

Hopefully he gets some integrity and takes care of this.

Spence

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the heads up.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
USPS needs to to stop putting the sticky strips on the boxes since they don’t hold well. That would force less experienced guys to use tape.

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I’ve had several people send flat rate boxes without tape but have been lucky only one I can remember didn’t make it.
I did buy 7-800 10mm Bullets from a guy on long range hunter a few years ago.
I don’t know what happened to the box or Bullets but I never received them.
He claimed it was up to me to file a loss report via usps.
I can only imagine 800 10mm Bullets all over the floor at the usps sorting facility.

" It will be fine after the swelling goes down "
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hino895
I’ve had several people send flat rate boxes without tape but have been lucky only one I can remember didn’t make it.
I did buy 7-800 10mm Bullets from a guy on long range hunter a few years ago.
I don’t know what happened to the box or Bullets but I never received them.
He claimed it was up to me to file a loss report via usps.
I can only imagine 800 10mm Bullets all over the floor at the usps sorting facility.
And him making you file the claim was a dick move IMO.

Originally Posted by TonyRumore
USPS needs to to stop putting the sticky strips on the boxes since they don’t hold well. That would force less experienced guys to use tape.
I’ve shipped 100’s of boxes and i make them waterproof with tape. Ask anyone that’s bought from me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is interesting because this has been discussed before and there are two totally different schools of thought. I am like you, our deal isn't completed until the buyer gets what they paid for. The other school of thought is that the seller did their part and once it was dropped off at the PO it is out of their hands. I see both sides however, a using a little packing tape is just common sense.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I tape the hell out of anything I send in those boxes. Some people are cheap with tape. He should refund you the money. He hired them, they are his subcontractor, his responsibility.

I bought a Sako recoil pad from “ The Custom Shop”. They package came with hole, no recoil pad. To their credit got me another on the way when I sent pic of the box.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Shippers (including the USPS) require claims to be filed BY THE SHIPPER. Recipient has no claim.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Shippers (including the USPS) require claims to be filed BY THE SHIPPER. Recipient has no claim.

I do know that UPS claims can be initiated by EITHER party. I went down that road twice. I never have with USPS. When they lose your package, you get nothing back, not even your shipping costs. I am in that rabbit hole right now.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have made a claim with USPS and they paid me, and surprisingly promptly. Likely not the norm but my only experience. I will say that filling out their proof of value and claim paperwork is basically not worth $100 worth of your frustration so $36 on this claim is ridiculous.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 160user
This is interesting because this has been discussed before and there are two totally different schools of thought. I am like you, our deal isn't completed until the buyer gets what they paid for. The other school of thought is that the seller did their part and once it was dropped off at the PO it is out of their hands. I see both sides however, a using a little packing tape is just common sense.

It’s called the FOB point. In normal professional commerce “real companies” the FOB point is usually at the shipper’s location, not the destination unless oddly specified in a contract. However, when you are dealing with retail consumers “hobbyists” they just expect it to be FOB destination but they are not educated enough to specify this at the time they place an order.

Last edited by TonyRumore; 01/14/23.

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I feel it’s the sellers responsibility until they get it in my hands. My reputation is worth more to me than money.

Last edited by hanco; 01/14/23.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
When packing heavy items, keep in mind automated sorting machines work with a conveyor speed of 7mph...when your box of widgets hits a shuttle gate its like dropping the widget package off a stepladder. Pack accordingly.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Tape, Tape, Tape.

And no movement of item in the box.

I bought 2 encore pistol barrels with scopes and dies once and the guy put in 4 pillow packs.
Lmfao
He was mad when I forced a refund.

If you don’t get the item you paid me for.

I owe you the money!!!!!!

Just like the guys who’s ad say $1000.00 shipped for something and them say if you want insurance YOU need to pay extra???

Last edited by JimJoy; 01/14/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I feel it’s the sellers responsibility until they get it in my hands. My reputation is worth more to me than money.

THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I will not buy from him again.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was a shipping manager for several years and very familiar with INCO terms for commercial freight. We ship over $50 million monthly.

To damage one’s reputation over $36 is a shame.

CK
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
It is the sellers responsibility
The buyer has no control of how well it was boxed/shipped

I really don’t understand any other way

Plus pay the guy back do the claim and your mistake of poor packaging the post office will probably pay the claim anyway

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 01/14/23.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would have immediately refunded the money.

AKA glazer1972 Original Registration 09/07/03. 235 Original Posts. Re-registered due to issues with Private Messaging.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,562
Posts18,491,797
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.