Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I still want to know what’s German about a “precision optic” made in Japan, China, Philippines, etc. imo, they don’t deserve my business based on their deceptive name alone. They fooled me once…

If you don’t want to have to use the warranty, buy a Trijicon or Nightforce. Not perfect, nothing mechanical is, but your odds of needing a warranty are much less with those two.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
I still want to know what’s German about a “precision optic” made in Japan, China, Philippines, etc. imo, they don’t deserve my business based on their deceptive name alone. They fooled me once…

If you don’t want to have to use the warranty, buy a Trijicon or Nightforce. Not perfect, nothing mechanical is, but your odds of needing a warranty are much less with those two.

What difference would it make if there was a German nexus? Should people who only use scopes during the day eschew a Nightforce?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

What difference would it make if there was a German nexus? Should people who only use scopes during the day eschew a Nightforce?

It’s deception. If one wanted to use a Nightforce scope at night they certainly could. But you can’t get a German optic from a company called German Precision Optics. Dumb analogy.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

They've never hidden the fact their optics aren't produced in Germany. They're designed there, manufactured elsewhere, and then returned to Germany for inspection prior to being distributed and sold. Can't blame them for you not doing your homework.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Be what it may I do my best not to buy anything made in China. They are our foe.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It’s deception. If one wanted to use a Nightforce scope at night they certainly could. But you can’t get a German optic from a company called German Precision Optics. Dumb analogy.

What difference would it make if they were made in Germany?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Honesty

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Honesty

They mark their scopes according to the country of manufacture. If someone wants to assume a country of manufacture based on a brand name that is all on them. There are a lot of ridiculous assumptions that can be made based off of product names. It's not like being manufactured in Germany would make it a better product.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Zeiss has Chinese stuff too.........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Zeiss has Chinese stuff too.........

Please do not say the duralyt is made in chy-na

IC B3

N
NWT Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
FWIW, GPO products are well made, great quality control and they are confident offering that warranty because they have no concerns about product failure rate. That's what quality control is all about

The CCP controls EVERY business in Communist China. The CCP are not innovators but steal, cheat, and copy intellectual property. Good luck in getting some of this crap serviced in a few years when it breaks. Why are you constantly supporting and promoting CCP made product when there are so many other viable options???? I find it Un American. Aren’t you Jewish....do you not remember WWll?? Communists are not fans of Jewish people.
The CCP is not our friend.

What kind of American made device are you typing your bullshit on?

GrrWpti,
Looks like you have some skin in the game?? Seems like you are trying to unload some of your fine GPO optics in the classified’s??What’s wrong with the GPO binoculars and other fine GPO optics you are trying to unload?
NWT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT
FWIW, GPO products are well made, great quality control and they are confident offering that warranty because they have no concerns about product failure rate. That's what quality control is all about

The CCP controls EVERY business in Communist China. The CCP are not innovators but steal, cheat, and copy intellectual property. Good luck in getting some of this crap serviced in a few years when it breaks. Why are you constantly supporting and promoting CCP made product when there are so many other viable options???? I find it Un American. Aren’t you Jewish....do you not remember WWll?? Communists are not fans of Jewish people.

What non-Chinese options does he have?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Why won’t Doug carry Tract products ?

*snark*

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NWT

Just comical that these 🤡's bitch about something being Chicom while using a Chicom device to do it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NWT

Just comical that these 🤡's bitch about something being Chicom while using a Chicom device to do it.

This is an asinine argument only made by defeatist penny pinching ideologues.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

GrrWpti,
Looks like you have some skin in the game?? Seems like you are trying to unload some of your fine GPO optics in the classified’s??What’s wrong with the GPO binoculars and other fine GPO optics you are trying to unload?
NWT

Not that it's any of your business, but I want to buy an 8x32 GPO Rangeguide. Any other questions?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Why won’t Doug carry Tract products ?

*snark*

Because Tracy is only a straight to consumer company

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Scope=some non-Chinese options
Device=no non-Chinese options

China is a communist country and a geopolitical foe of the USA. Many patriotic Americans choose to avoid Chinese products when they can, particularly when the citizens in China can't even legally own the products being considered.

Does that make sense?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NWT
Originally Posted by NWT

GrrWpti,
NWT

Not that it's any of your business, but I want to buy an 8x32 GPO Rangeguide. Any other questions?

I saw GW's for sale post for his GPO's, one of them being a Rangeguide IIRC. Can't speak for the 8x, but a friend of mine here on this board sent me his 10x50's to try out while finishing out the mule deer season out here. In short, the GPO RF/Bino is excellent if you don't want all the ballistic readout stuff. Excellent optics, a very smooth operator, very well built, and not big and bulky like the Geovids. I don't know the guy, but Great Wapiti is a straight shooter and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from him. I like his no BS approach to things.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Scope=some non-Chinese options
Device=no non-Chinese options

China is a communist country and a geopolitical foe of the USA. Many patriotic Americans choose to avoid Chinese products when they can, particularly when the citizens in China can't even legally own the products being considered.

Does that make sense?

Paul frames the situation well. Inevitably, someone always attempts to place some false equivalences on these types of discussions.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

352 members (17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 345dl, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.