Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I buy ‘em by the lb. at Rural King. Much cheaper than Lowes or Home Depot and I can get exactly the number I need.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Screws and bolts have gone up exponentially. Fastenal had a good selection but they won’t let you in the store anymore. If I’m going to buy online there are cheaper options. TSC doesn’t have a good selection and neither does the ACE hardware and other conglomerates.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use McMaster Carr for a lot of hardware that I can't find locally because their site is easy to navigate, and they have about everything. Time is money after all. For large orders I try to use one of the local hardware stores and they give me a pretty good discount when ordering a couple hundred pounds at a shot. Local is always more expensive but I would be lost without being able to run to town for those one or two items in an emergency so it's worth it.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have accounts at several supply houses around here. When I use anything like nuts n bolts on a job the customer buys the whole box, whether it takes all of them or not. I don’t do oneseys and twoseys.
I’m pretty well stocked from 6-32 to 1 1/2.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back in the day when I was contracting I used this company a lot.
That was years ago.

http://phoenixfastenerandsupply.com/

Zoro can be good. It's part of Granger. I get 20% off codes ever other month.

Last edited by Traveler52; 01/20/23.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
What I really need to find is those 5 gallon buckets full of nuts, bolts and washers that every old farmer has on the place.

Kids inherit the place and sell it, and have an estate sale or auction.

I could use that type of assortment. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you're in the right spot in ID or WA, check out Tacoma Screw. They're a very small chain, though, without many stores.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Might look at MSC industrial don't know if they carry fasteners but it's where I order all my drills end mills reamers. If I'm in a hurry I'll run down to my Local (So Cal) McFadden Dale indusrial hardware.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you need a GOOD bolt, there's Caterpillar. Their ONE SAFE SOURCE BOOK has lots of different supplies. Write down your part numbers and take your list to the parts counter.

If you're in BFE, call your dealer and see where the nearest drop box is. Get a Cat key, call parts and pay with a credit card and usually your parts are in the drop box the next day.

FYI, the dealer name doesn't matter, the part numbers are the same. Click the link and go down to hardware.

ONE SAFE SOURCE

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fastenal has always been overly proud of their products so I only went there when I needed something for a job and they were the only ones who had it in stock.

Used to use McMaster Carr but my needs aren't the same as they used to be since I retired so I haven't given them much thought the last couple years. I did notice the last few small orders I got from them that their pricing had gone up some- but when you need something they have everything a guy could possible need, all in one place. And their service is second to none- often I would have my order in hand in a day or two. When I'm doing a project and need something I want it quickly so I can keep moving on the project, so a small upcharge for quick service is worth it to me. Ordering bulk from them saves a substantial amount over small orders.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Might look at MSC industrial don't know if they carry fasteners but it's where I order all my drills end mills reamers. If I'm in a hurry I'll run down to my Local (So Cal) McFadden Dale indusrial hardware.
Oh man, McFadden Dale is a place where I could really get in trouble. I haven't been in a while so I think I will go walk the place soon.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Around here the most common one is Tacoma Screw.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jamestown Supply

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Phillips-Oval-Head-Machine-Screw-Stainless-10-24-p/3590000.htm

I'm using the Brave search engine, and that's the first legit looking site offered. Seems like the shipping could be the wildcard between the bulk suppliers.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
What I really need to find is those 5 gallon buckets full of nuts, bolts and washers that every old farmer has on the place.

I have an (updated)2 gallon pile on the bottom of my pickup toolbox........lol

And like you say, keep a few specialty bolts on hand for chit that always breaks.
(mostly seasonal stuff, air drill, loader buckets, etc)

It is nice to be able to cobble chit back together on the spot!

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I’ll buy by the # at tractor supply.

For common bolts…

Still gotta go to ACE for oddball stuff.

And they’ll gouge ya too.

A 1/4-20 Allen head cap bolt? Be like $1.19.

Don’t fug around and want stainless….

😤😤

But…

It’s convenient ( in my small town).

And open till 7 pm. And open on sundays.

Yeah, before the news came out that TSC are a buncha wokesters, I’d usually go to there to get my grade 8 stuff. Buy by the pound. Came out WAY cheaper than Home Depot/Lowes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Try Jay Cee sales & Rivet, Inc (Detroit Mi. area)... Just got another 300 5/16 semi tubular steel rivets from them for some reproduction exhaust hangers we make... About a third the price of McMaster Carr... They sell nuts, bolts & screws as well, But are geared more for commercial sales i think?... Fleet farm or Farm & Fleet stores sell multiple grades of hardware by the lb...

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I would look here https://www.ebay.com/itm/263841214912?hash=item3d6e2971c0:g:hdYAAOSwvItbW2Jd&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAABIGqIKok0O1bjXnnXM1vNHBu70deXGncSFv2hLnjzur7ijRtUndhQeYddIuWHrPMeNibHW8Z5ssKJeKviKRMvlRUi7h6%2Fd2CLCVSgpI5hpghBx4JKBiDFgsfaH171TCW9U14GqKULrcpU0eHnXh7haxe4JS5zQ9i8RjyQ2IWGkllJk2Ldx3zaTZQ1wpopPTam9PJHyNPYLCfqmTSwfWiagm0OaWbQyANM4JMLrAnB62sONkROfxE3eXkCDgbgbBok8zP4qNralZt2JO9HUeDbyWUnP2mGkDRkU9jFgOBaLe9d3n1BAQY24topueCNOdzTrCXS3GBXVQBr5lRbmSOrDOUV85XmbdIIXNI0SV%2B7ZHI2og1%2FPwhn5qvlrRrL8MYV%2BA%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABFBMmpCloLph

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

Kids inherit the place and sell it, and have an estate sale or auction.

I could use that type of assortment. smile

I was at the dump earlier today...

Dropping off tires right next to the "Metal Collection" dumpster.

50 rolls of brand new barbed wire in the dumpster.

That is like $5k - $7k...

IDIOTS everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I have an (updated)2 gallon pile on the bottom of my pickup toolbox........lol

And like you say, keep a few specialty bolts on hand for chit that always breaks.
(mostly seasonal stuff, air drill, loader buckets, etc)

It is nice to be able to cobble chit back together on the spot!

Mrs slumlord came back from a yard sale with about 5 galv metal 3 gallon pails with nuts and bolts up to 1” shank.
And 5 more 5 gallon buckets of plumbing, water, drain, p-trap kits, pvc, cpvc, iron, copper,

Something like $35 for all of it.

Some old dude croaked and Fuzzy Sweater son-in-law was wanting the icky stuff gone.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 59 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.