Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Do they taste better if shot from the air vs sitting on the water?

I have been condemned from other turkey hunters for rolling a bird or 2 out of their roost. They still taste the same.

Yup, maybe you could save a shell by hitting a flock with your car. Even more efficient.
Bit hard on breasts and windshields!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Do they taste better if shot from the air vs sitting on the water?

I have been condemned from other turkey hunters for rolling a bird or 2 out of their roost. They still taste the same.

Valid points, I just don’t like a duck no matter where you shoot them. As far as a turkey shot out of the roost or on the ground, really doesn’t matter, he isn’t going to roost again either way…
I am with you on the ducks.

As far as roost shot turkeys I see no difference as either way he is standing still, a sitting duck so to speak.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This really has gone far enough…

EI doubt that the vitriol that is displayed here would ever exist if people were standing face to face in these discussions…

Vitriol???

Fuggen hilarious!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
High and mighty are we? How about the little more than sarcastic taunting displayed on your video? You play the virtuous victim soooo well....

Your Ruffed Grouse definitely are more of the fool chicken variety often displayed further north. However, you mention you can't get videos of your shooting and type of cover. Well this guy and others can. Eastern Ruffed Grouse hunting at its best. Now where have I heard that said? So get yourself a shotcam and show us your covers and skills. Should be interesting. Remember...One Bird doesn't make a chicken pot pie...

Forget the Dog being there if you like.....The opportunities would be more unknown, but still much the same. Waiting....

Last edited by battue; 01/21/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The sporting way is with a single BB and no decoys. Knife hunting is also encouraged.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What belies the infernal ground-sluicer is a innate deference toward house cats and the loathing of dogs.

-Sir Walter Ribonscott

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is a site that started out as a hunting/shooting/outdoor site and has turned into a Facebook page with all the drama of teenage girls.

^^^Said by nobody whose spent any amount of time on the FaceBook.^^^

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
What belies the infernal ground-sluicer is a innate deference toward house cats and the loathing of dogs.

-Sir Walter Ribonscott
I must be the odd man out on this one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
High and mighty are we? How about the little more than sarcastic taunting displayed on your video? You play the virtuous victim soooo well....

Your Ruffed Grouse definitely are more of the fool chicken variety often displayed further north. However, you mention you can't get videos of your shooting and type of cover. Well this guy and others can. Eastern Ruffed Grouse hunting at its best. Now where have I heard that said? So get yourself a shotcam and show us your covers and skills. Should be interesting. Remember...One Bird doesn't make a chicken pot pie...

Forget the Dog being there if you like.....The opportunities would be more unknown, but still much the same. Waiting....

Looks challenging for sure

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Sound, look, mount, shoot. 👍😀

Hook up with Andy and most likely he will be able to show you it at its best.

Last edited by battue; 01/21/23.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shooting grouse out of trees=Bad!

Going to a hobby farm to shoot purchased pen raised poultry=Good! Hero pics to follow as well.

Lol

Get over yourselves boys

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Backroads

Going to a hobby farm to shoot purchased pen raised poultry=Good! Hero pics to follow as well.

Lol

Get over yourselves boys

Understand, but for many it is initial pup work, remedial or fine tuning of the Dog. One has few Wild Birds where they live. Or you just want to go out and shoot some Birds.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Backroads

Lol

Get over yourselves boys

Understand, but for many it is initial pup work, remedial or fine tuning of the Dog. One has few Wild Birds where they live. Or you just want to go out and shoot some Birds.

Selective outrage is what it is.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
"My legal way of killing is better than your legal way of killing".

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
So…because some are willing to elevate their personal requirement of how they kill game, in this case they don’t care to shoot fish in the barrel as an analogy, and are willing to voice their thoughts during open discussion, in your opinion they are “pussy” hurt? I also don't recall any saying the swatters are doing anything illegal.

Rational thought is frequently not on display at the fire. My suggestion would be for you to get some additional mileage.

Are the dedicated archers, who say they have left rifle hunting because it has become too easy “pussy” hurt?

You reply will most likely be “fuggin hilarious.”🤣

You obviously didn’t pay attention. It was the comment, “If you’re shooting ducks on the water, ground-slooshing quail, pheasants or grouse, you’re a true piece of chit moron.” that I was responding to. See, I don’t care how someone kills an animal, as long as it’s legal. Some folks get puzzy hurt if it’s not done the way they do it. Makes sense? No?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
So…because some are willing to elevate their personal requirement of how they kill game, in this case they don’t care to shoot fish in the barrel as an analogy, and are willing to voice their thoughts during open discussion, in your opinion they are “pussy” hurt? I also don't recall any saying the swatters are doing anything illegal.

Rational thought is frequently not on display at the fire. My suggestion would be for you to get some additional mileage.

Are the dedicated archers, who say they have left rifle hunting because it has become too easy “pussy” hurt?

You obviously didn’t pay attention. It was the comment, “If you’re shooting ducks on the water, ground-slooshing quail, pheasants or grouse, you’re a true piece of chit moron.” that I was responding to. See, I don’t care how someone kills an animal, as long as it’s legal. Some folks get puzzy hurt if it’s not done the way they do it. Makes sense? No?

Sounds like your pussy is hurt.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Sounds like your pussy is hurt.

Sounds like you're a dickhead?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
For the record, I live in Southern Arizona. We are not exactly a "flyway" for ducks. Have we decoyed and killed limits this year? yeah?
Usually we start the morning that way, and then puddle jump until I have to go to work, or we have our limit. Which ever comes first.

Do we routinely water swat? No. Sometimes the ducks are so surprised to see us after out stock, they dont get up right away so we help them along. This usually results in one bird water swatted, the rest shot in the air.

Whoever out there thinks we are what ever explicative laden phrase you wish to use, cool. We dont care. We will continue to kill our bag limits and eat duck for dinner.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
A YouTuber recently posted a video of a wood duck hunt where they shot most, if not all of them after they landed among the decoys. I objected, but it seems I’m in the minority, based on the thumb-count. Not a waterfowler, so I decided to ask here.

Is it unethical to shoot birds on the water? Are the ethics any different for woodies than other birds?

Thanks for your input.

This thread has been contaminated with BS. Might want to get back to the OP, which most of my original comments were in response to…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And yes, if you’re decoying ducks and shooting them in the spread on the water, you’re a piece of schitt moron. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 56 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.