Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tedthorn
PVC's is what lead me to a heart Doctor and he sent me to get an echocardiogram.

That allowed him to see my massive aortic aneurysm

Days later....open heart surgery and I'm still alive 5 years later

Dayum man

glad you responded and got it checked out

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by tedthorn
PVC's is what lead me to a heart Doctor and he sent me to get an echocardiogram.

That allowed him to see my massive aortic aneurysm

Days later....open heart surgery and I'm still alive 5 years later

Dayum man

glad you responded and got it checked out

My nurse wife is the reason.

She recognized the PVC's and insisted on the Dr visit. That was step #1 to my aorta replacement.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 270winchester
Anyone else suffer with these? I've had these for years and they're bad today. What treatment are you getting? My cardio doc says mine are "normal" but they sure suck today. Crap.

From my study and a handful of excellent physicians I've been honored to know, there's a common theme that keeps coming up. PM for details. I don't have any desire to cast pearls before trolls. Be well.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/26/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Load up on natural sources of potassium. PVCs are a result of inefficient or improper transfer of electrical signals between nerve cells specializing in maintaining regularity of heartbeat. Your pathways are defective, so you want these signal transfers to operate as efficiently as possible for your defective pathways.

One thing that interferes with said efficiency is low blood potassium. Correct this with diet. Easiest way is to get yourself some cans of low sodium V-8, which is loaded with the stuff (even more so than regular V-8). Drink a can down and see if after an hour it hasn't improved. Some other good sources are bananas, salmon, avocados, mushrooms, and leafy greens. Alter your diet so you're daily consuming sources high in potassium and see if that helps.

Good luck.

Um, I would avoid that.
Granted there is a difference between low sodium and regular V8, but I drank the latter with my lunch for a few days around 2005, and I literally went on a PVC bender for about three months. Yes, my ticker is sensitive to many things, I avoid processed sugars, coffee (love it, that one hurts.) Whatever the hell they put a big Mac/quarter pounder meat sets me off too, thus I haven't eaten a Micky D's anything in 16 years.
It was amazing to me how that V8 juice imbalance affected me long term and best I could identify it started with that! Nothing else in my diet had varied but that. Completely ironic that you would mention and recommend that.

Since that time, I watch my diet, exercise (jogged during a blizzard today--I always get my ass out there) and get ample rest.
All of those things are vitally important for heart health and rhythm. Manage the stress level!

Take coQ10, it helps.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by 270winchester
Anyone else suffer with these? I've had these for years and they're bad today. What treatment are you getting? My cardio doc says mine are "normal" but they sure suck today. Crap.

From my study and a handful of excellent physicians I've been honored to know, there's a common theme that keeps coming up. PM for details. I don't have any desire to cast pearls before trolls. Be well.

Please don't listen to HC for anything medical. Consult your physician.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
I've not forgotten the public retraction/apology you still owe me. You said I made a claim of special knowledge on the electrocardiogram, yet you've yet to quote the post where you think I did that. That's because you can't. That's because it doesn't exist. So where's the retraction/apology. Men admit when they screwed up like that.

Um, this whole thread is about the electrophysiology of the heart.

You're gonna have to look real hard to find someone that would read this, then not laugh when you say you have not made a claim to understand anything about EKG's.

If it makes you feel any better, a few cardiologists at hockey this morning thought you were really, REALLY funny. Wrong, but funny.

Just five minutes ago I showed your posts to the entire cardiology staff at Shands (I offered coffee and donuts to get them all together). They laughed and laughed, so I guess we're even.

See how easy it is to make schit up? smirk

β˜•πŸ˜‚πŸ©πŸ©ΊπŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„β˜•πŸ©πŸ©

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you had HC and TRH as your Corpsman......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The absolute last thing I would listen to is any of Crappy Hampers "pearls".

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't have pvcs but have svts.

Found out i have a third nerve that when i get a coughing fit from allergies it feels a need to go off.

Feels like i am running a race.

Did all of the cool heart tests and got to see and hear my heart working.

Doc said he could try an ablation but he could not tell me i would not wake up with a pacemaker.

I declined.

I have had a few over the years and only went to the er 2 times because i could not get them to stop.

Took them about 15 minutes.

I have a oxygen generator bedside and i have found that after an attack i can use it and in about 15 minutes i no longer feel like i did a marathon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Don't have pvcs but have svts.

Found out i have a third nerve that when i get a coughing fit from allergies it feels a need to go off.

Feels like i am running a race.

Did all of the cool heart tests and got to see and hear my heart working.

Doc said he could try an ablation but he could not tell me i would not wake up with a pacemaker.

I declined.

I have had a few over the years and only went to the er 2 times because i could not get them to stop.

Took them about 15 minutes.

I have a oxygen generator bedside and i have found that after an attack i can use it and in about 15 minutes i no longer feel like i did a marathon.

Going into an SVT can be a big deal, as you obviously know.

Unless a "regular" PVI (pulmonary vein isolation) stops the loop, the ablation can mess with your SA node and/or conduction between SA and AV, and "boom" you got yourself a pacemaker.

You can't tell exactly where the issue is until you get the catheters in there for mapping, and once you're ablating, well, you may not WANT a pacemaker, but a decent percentage NEED a pacemaker when we're done.

And, from what I saw in the lab, SVT ablations were often followed by another ablation a few months/years later........

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing like Nurse Ratched recommending shock treatment to her patients.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Nothing like Nurse Ratched recommending shock treatment to her patients.

If’n ya ever truly need it - there ain’t no substitute.

But please, go ahead and tell us how your quack tv preachers and herbals are better …

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Get a second opinion. You don't mess around with those.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by reivertom

Take a glance at the date on the starting post.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by reivertom
Take a glance at the date on the starting post.

Yet, somehow, it keeps popping up every time you deny being here.....

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I’ve had my heart beating real fast,so bad this year didn’t get to hunt much,ekg finally caught it,dr put me on a pill called,DIGOXIN,said it was an old medicine,hasn’t bothered me but once in last 6 weeks might want to ask your dr.about it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Nope. But, since you don't actually understand what the hell I am talking about, it may seem like it is to you. If anything, the PREMATURE part would indicate to an intelligent individual that something might be TOO efficient.

Hint
The reason for the PVC is that the normal pathway isn't being followed, or at least not with enough efficiency as to preclude the PVC. Thus the issue.

I just had to quote this for the laughs.

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Getting so much wrong in such a short post is actually pretty impressive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
And to your mind there's a one-to-one relationship between specific knowledge of the EKG process and general knowledge of the heart, right? See what I mean?

Uhmm yes actually there is a 1:1 relationship. If you don't understand how to interpret an EKG then you don't really understand how the heart is working I.E. what's wrong. ALL cardiac arrythmias are manifested on EKG.

Any fool can call NSR as its obvious but interpreting the Arrhythmia AND knowing how to treat it is the difference between life and death!

The man is a CCU nurse. That means he has made his living treating cardiac arrhythmias. I work in Emergency Medicine and have had ACLS for almost 20 years. I can tell you the man is spot on in what he had said!!!!

Man, reading back through this has been fun.

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know whose advice to trust here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I don't know whose advice to trust here.

Not me. I was faking it. πŸ˜‰

Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 907brass, 32_20fan, 1badf350, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,672
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.