Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I'm not entirely satisfied with it. It's okay. But I'm glad I didn't spend more on it.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For warm weather I bought an Alps Long Spur vest - the version without the seat. I added my own seat to it. It's really just a webgear vest with a fanny pack and front call cases. I used it this fall over a heavy coat. I used it last sring, in May, when it was hot. It's much lighter than my other full turkey vests. I'll probably just stick with it. I can get water, snacks and all y calls in it, and still have room to zip up my pohone, wallet and keys.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
To the vest users...
Do you use the back pack portion? (if so equipped)

I think reaching behind there is trickier than watching my wife reach around to unhook her bra....

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I do. On the vest above, the seat you see didn't come with the vest. I bought it at Walmart and just strap it on and let it hang. I don't really mind letting the seat hang behind my legs.

I have a Mossy Oak Longbeard Elite, vest, too. It has a seat that is held up by a couple of straps and clips. It's not the easiest vest to drop the seat on while I'm wearing it, but its doable. Once I'm in the woods and its down, it stays down till I'm done hunting. I like this because the sides are open and it vents well in hot weather.

https://store.mossyoak.com/products...EAvVzXzdyOwgGAMB0bVa7ngNcJRoC4BYQAvD_BwE

The best designed vest I have, or have ever had, is the Will Primos Signature vest. The seat is held up with a long, strong magnet. It's easy to put up and down while I've got the vest on, and the magnet is strong enough that it has never been knocked down going through brush. It's an outstanding, albeit expensive, vest.

https://www.primos.com/accessories-and-gear/turkey-vests/will-primos-turkey-vest/P1639960.html

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/08/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Late to the party, but here is a standard sized Glenda Green satchel and what I have in it. Pictures showing the pockets and what not as well. It can hold more than I plan on carrying in it which is already a lot. Very nicely made piece of gear.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, I like that very much. Better than my Tom Teaser bag.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Guide gun. How do you buy a bag like that. Is Ms Glenda still making them? How do you contact her to order a bag? I understand she's on Facebook. Is that the only way?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup she's on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/glenda.green.9256028?mibextid=ZbWKwL

"If you would like to place an order, please send me a PM or email to greenscchyahoo.com Make sure you send me your address and the product you would like to order. If there is a choice in camo pattern, make sure you let me know that also.

I accept PayPal, Venmo or you can mail payment. Please let me know your preference when you place your order. Payment is not due until your order is complete. I will send you a total cost at that time which includes the cost of shipping along with payment info."

She also posted yesterday:

"ORDERS UPDATE:
There are no satchels in inventory. If you order you will be on a wait list. I am not getting a full day of sewing in. I am having some back issues. I still have orders I need to complete. If you would like to place an order, you are certainly welcome to, but you will need to be patient on anything that is not available and needs to be made."

-Matt

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
---- Personal touch to lots of my hunting -fishing gear I hand down to my grandchildren -------made from my outgrown shorts---- Made for turkey but also fishing small trout streams

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
GG, thanks for the info.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,861 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.