Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
The Australian laws and NZ laws do not allow you to be armed either in public or in your own home. It is illegal to have a firearm for self-defence and any attempt to use one for such purposes will land you in prison with a hundred thousand dollar legal expense and your gun licence cancelled. Firearms must be locked in safe's and so does ammunition in a separate locked facility. There is no way that anybody during a home invasion could have a firearm ready for a home invasion and not be committing a "crime". And you know that.

While the law says it is illegal to solely have a firearm for self defense; a firearm can be used for self defense. Yes, you're right in that firearms and ammunition must be locked up. However, I know there are people who don't do that. Regardless, it's just not necessary as the threat doesn't exist, with the odd very, very rare exception. House thieves don't carry firearms and will bolt if they're disturbed. The rival criminal gangs shoot each other now and again, all most always over drug control such as meth. The public don't seem mind that at all.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by ribka
Australia

"I'll give up all of my guns for a cold virus"

lol

A lie. Poor little Tyke can't distinguish between truth and lies.

OOPS I see more gun bans today in Australia and you keeping endorsing them like the Covid cuck you are lol

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Poor little Ribka makes a comeback! Must've shit his pants AGAIN!

Is this you Ribka?:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Australia

lol

OOPS I see more gun bans today in Australia and you keeping endorsing them like the Covid cuck you are lol

"Endorsing them" is a lie. Which makes you a liar. Get your nappies changed.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Waste of time feeding the trolls DBT.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by zeissman

You’ve stated in the past there’s no need for people to own semi auto firearms.

Another Aussie anti gun clown simp

Go get your 6th booster. Covtard

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
The Australian laws and NZ laws do not allow you to be armed either in public or in your own home. It is illegal to have a firearm for self-defence and any attempt to use one for such purposes will land you in prison with a hundred thousand dollar legal expense and your gun licence cancelled. Firearms must be locked in safe's and so does ammunition in a separate locked facility. There is no way that anybody during a home invasion could have a firearm ready for a home invasion and not be committing a "crime". And you know that.

While the law says it is illegal to solely have a firearm for self defense; a firearm can be used for self defense. Yes, you're right in that firearms and ammunition must be locked up. However, I know there are people who don't do that. Regardless, it's just not necessary as the threat doesn't exist, with the odd very, very rare exception. House thieves don't carry firearms and will bolt if they're disturbed. The rival criminal gangs shoot each other now and again, all most always over drug control such as meth. The public don't seem mind that at all.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Bullshit. I said no such thing. You lie. Prove what you say....but of course, you can't.

You can't because you lie.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
All of your posts praising your facist govt when throughly abused civil rights of Australian citizens

Show some pics of your glocks, ar 15s. Or any semi auto rifle or shotgun. Lol

Originally Posted by DBT

Bullshit. I said no such thing. You lie. Prove what you say....but of course, you can't.

You can't because you lie.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
All of your posts praising your facist govt when throughly abused civil rights of Australian citizens

You lie. A shameless liar. Prove what you claim....but you know you can't because you know that you are lying.

You have the mind of a toddler, saying anything to get a bit of attention.

IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by greydog
It is interesting to see the different attitudes of people in different countries. Usually, the opinions voiced regarding the practices in another country come from ignorance, rather form any real knowledge. The concept of having to carry a gun everywhere you go seems to be uniquely American; although there are certainly people in other countries who feel the same way. In general though, better life choices make a great substitute for being armed. If you are not involved in the drug trade, the chances of being shot are drastically reduced. If you are not a belligerent, aggressive driver, the chances of being shot are drastically reduced. If you do not belong to a gang dedicated to trying to piss off another group, your chances of getting shot are drastically reduced.
In North American, there is a long tradition of hunting for sustenance and for sport; this forms a large part of the basis for the right to firearms ownership. Of course, the other supporting argument for firearms ownership stems from the perceived necessity to protect individual freedom FROM THE STATE. The greatest threat to liberty is seen to be one's own government. This contention is demonstrable worldwide, so there is certainly a point to it. It is only in recent years (say the last forty years or so) that so many Americans have begun living in fear of violence as an everyday situation. In essence, many citizens have chosen to raise the stakes for everyday interactions. At the same time, the general breakdown of social etiquette and respect for others, has exacerbated the problem.
I was born in the great state of Idaho and spent my years growing up in Idaho, British Columbia, and Alberta. I was educated in both countries and served in the US Army. I have travelled from coast to coast numerous times. At the same time, I have no personal knowledge of Australia and have never been there. This lack of knowledge doesn't seem to hold anyone else back, so I'm going to jump right in too.
The impression I get, regarding Australians, is that firearms were not as central to their lives, in frontier times, as they were to Americans. People were more widely dispersed and the challenges were different. They didn't have large herds of buffalo or other game to hunt. They had no large predators to defend themselves against. All in all, their challenges were more along the lines of getting enough water to make a living, and a gun didn't help a lot here.
In Canada, things were more like in the US in many respects. Hunting was a way of life for many. There were (and are) plenty of large predators around, and the carrying of a gun (rifle or pistol) was prudent.
I have, for most of my life, usually had a rifle in the truck. This is not for protection against criminals but I have put it to use against predators or to dispatch injured animals along the highway. I almost always carry a rifle if I'm in bear country, and I just like carrying a rifle; I always have. I like a rifle over bear spray. A sprayed bear might still bite me; a dead bear won't.
I strongly suspect, if push comes to shove, it might turn out that Australians are a little better armed than many might think. Rural Australians, like rural Canadians and Americans, are a pretty independent lot. I think they are more inclined to act, when necessary, rather than bluster when it is not. GD

Good post that makes a lot of sense. NZ early settlers had hostile Maori natives to contend with in some areas of the country so invariably farmers and small communities were well armed in those areas. No dangerous animals, however later on, during the 1930s, 40's and 50's introduced red deer were a real pest and out of control and put many farms in jeopardy by emerging from adjacent forestry and eating pasture. Even though the deer numbers are well down on what they're used to be the Department of Conservation still considers deer a national pest to be destroyed on sight and you can hunt them every day of the year for free. Then there's the rabbits and brush tailed possums.

When I was a in my mid teens it was normal to go anywhere with a firearm over your shoulder. I used to bike to various forestry blocks and farms to shoot deer and rabbits. Nobody blinked am eye. Nowadays, in town, if you walked down to the letterbox with a rifle slung over your shoulder some nosey woman neighbor is bound to call the police, "help, help, I just saw a man with a gun". My, how times have changed and now we have all these woke, PC idiots to deal with as well.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Australia

lol

In his defence, he believes that there was bloke born over 2000 years ago as a result of immaculate conception with god himself, who is in fact worshipped by him and his kind as a god, in defiance of the one god that bloke 2000 years ago actually worshipped. All of course written down by a bunch of self-interested men 500 years after the fact, and versions that did not follow their storyline had a shorter half life than Putin's original claims of successfully invading Ukraine.

Oh, and he is a Trumpist fool who believes that the 2020 election was stolen by a complex conspiracy of paedophiles (almost certainly related to the descendants of those self-interested men 1500 years ago) and mainstream news media (the censor team) that no-one can actually identify and who have achieved a code of silence that the mob would admire.

For these reasons him/her/it has no idea what truth is and should be allowed some leeway in their relationship with complex concepts like hot and cold, light and dark, true and false. Poor RIBKA probably doesn't even know enough to identify as male/female and wonders if the boyfriend will make him/her/it pregnant next time he unloads a shot up their arse.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Poor ribka, I should feel sorry for the little muppet, but nah, he can't help himself.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
criminals definitely dont they all got handed in back in 1996. NOT

I didn't mean to post this twice

Last edited by ashton; 03/31/23.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
definitely not the criminals they handed all their guns in back in 1996. NOT

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So can you buy a Glock 19 in Australia?

But you can still double mask.

clown world down under lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
yes pedohilia is very popular down under

and no one is shocked

Originally Posted by Adamjp
Originally Posted by DBT
Australia

lol

In his defence, he believes that there was bloke born over 2000 years ago as a result of immaculate conception with god himself, who is in fact worshipped by him and his kind as a god, in defiance of the one god that bloke 2000 years ago actually worshipped. All of course written down by a bunch of self-interested men 500 years after the fact, and versions that did not follow their storyline had a shorter half life than Putin's original claims of successfully invading Ukraine.

Oh, and he is a Trumpist fool who believes that the 2020 election was stolen by a complex conspiracy of paedophiles (almost certainly related to the descendants of those self-interested men 1500 years ago) and mainstream news media (the censor team) that no-one can actually identify and who have achieved a code of silence that the mob would admire.

For these reasons him/her/it has no idea what truth is and should be allowed some leeway in their relationship with complex concepts like hot and cold, light and dark, true and false. Poor RIBKA probably doesn't even know enough to identify as male/female and wonders if the boyfriend will make him/her/it pregnant next time he unloads a shot up their arse.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Little tyke ribka pulls out yet more from his precious private collection

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Little ribka really loves the gay scene. Probably thinks about it all day and dreams about it all night. Ribka, gay as they come, pink ribbons, lace underwear, it's the whole shebang for that little rascal....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Little ribka really loves the gay scene. Probably thinks about it all day and dreams about it all night. Ribka, gay as they come, pink ribbons, lace underwear, it's the whole shebang for that little rascal....

So you praisegun bans , hate Christians and embrace pedophilia?

You’re quite the intellectual. Lol

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.