Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MrMuskie
Would never go afield w/o one.
Carry in backpack until on stand (in case of jump shot) and then install.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
When and why did you change your mind about using them while hunting?

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some interesting thoughts on suppressors.

Suppressors

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don’t bother with them on big game hunting rifles. I only hunt deer and elk and only get one of each per season. My ears don’t get subjected to more than a few shots a year without ear protection.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Windfall
I went to the Lakeland 350 table gun show over the weekend and saw an awful lot of guns for sale and aside from a few handguns with extended threaded barrels, virtually nothing else was threaded. Campfire guys with the suppressors might be trend setters, but they are not mainstream for gun guys where I go.
I don't know that gun shows full of tables of beanie babies and beef jerky, where a bunch of 75 year old guys trade 75 year old guns back and forth, are a very good indication of the new gun buying habits of the American populace as a whole.

smile Point taken, but these old codgers with their 99’s, 88’s and pre-64’s ARE my peer group and they aren’t buying and hunting with the threaded AR’s and aren’t threading those 65 year old collectable hunting rifles.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
smile Point taken, but these old codgers with their 99’s, 88’s and pre-64’s ARE my peer group and they aren’t buying and hunting with the threaded AR’s and aren’t threading those 65 year old collectable hunting rifles.

And I doubt many, regardless of peer group, with a brain cell operating, are . . . .

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WiFowler

And I doubt many, regardless of peer group, with a brain cell operating, are . . . .
I completely agree with you in that regard. There's a place for threaded barrels and suppressors, and classic rifles aren't that place. I've come full circle with suppressors over the past few years. Use them in certain applications, but shooting non-suppressed guns is too much fun and find myself shooting the originals more and more often as the suppressor craze wanes within my soul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I went over to Glasgow last week and started the paperwork on my first suppressor.

The guy working at D&G helped me through the process and told me it would hopefully be about an 8 month wait for everything to clear.

Does that sound about right or overly optimistic?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I went over to Glasgow last week and started the paperwork on my first suppressor.

The guy working at D&G helped me through the process and told me it would hopefully be about an 8 month wait for everything to clear.

With this pistol brace rile fiasco likely to consume eFiling resources, who knows how long it could take.

Which suppressor did you get?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

That’s in the ballpark . I waited longer prior to the E filesystem. 8 to 10 months is what my dealer is currently seeing. That could get better since the e file system was supposed to be way shorter wait.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

240 to 260 days is what I hear most often but as others said - coming brace bs might be a lot of bs in the system pushing things out. I 100% believe they know who has what and a smart department would be, basically, assigning a slew of people to work the braces only as quickly and as much as possible to not interrupt other business. But it's the .gov and they literally have only 1 person to approve beer labels (all labels must be approved) - I'd be shocked if they have any "extra" attention to the brace issue and this will end up a cluster.

Me

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks gentlemen, I was wondering if the brace regulation change(or whatever is going on) would slow things up.

Kingston, I went with this one in 7.62

https://www.silencershop.com/cgs-hyperion-k.html

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That should be plenty handy!

There's a thread on Reddit r/NFA where people report approval times. It's a good snapshot of how things are flowing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/100zxly/eform_4_approval_megathread_january_2023/

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I submitted the stuff for mine in June 2021. Got it in August of 2022.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
That should be plenty handy!

There's a thread on Reddit r/NFA where people report approval times. It's a good snapshot of how things are flowing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/100zxly/eform_4_approval_megathread_january_2023/

Following the monthly megathread will be helpful as you approach the 250-260 day mark (for now). I submitted my eForm 4 on 4/22/22. Was watching the megathread only to see approvals submitted before mine in Apr 22. Got on the phone and called them last Thurs, 1/19/23, only to find out that my form had been approved 1/13/23 - 266 days. Apparently they were having an issue with outbound approval notification emails, and weren't in too much of a hurry to fix it. Went down to my FFL/SOT and asked them to check for approval thru their eForm access (individuals cannot see status or progress thru their access). Low and behold, not only was my stamp there, but so 4 or 5 others. They hadn't seen any emails from the NFA Branch indicating any approvals either. I went home with my suppressor after 273 days.

FWIW, and as has been already mentioned, the SBR/pistol brace fiasco is likely to upend the whole process, and NOT in a good way. I have another that I did the eForm 4 on a couple of days ago. If I have in my hands by this time next year, I'll be surprised.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sam you’ll love having a can… I’ve had mine(Sandman K) for about two years now and wish I’d have had it sooner. Need another now. You’ll find yourself wanting to chop all your barrels a bit though.

Want either an Otter Creek Polonium or Rex Silentium MG7 now, am on the fence but need to act or I’ll be years out … ugh

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I got 3 at once. Took 11 months. Set up a trust. If you don't start you'll never have one.

As for questions:

length and weight would hinder a jump shot.

As soon as I tried one, I knew it was the way to go.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MrMuskie
length and weight would hinder a jump shot.

Really depends how they're set up. I don't use the suppressor cover for hunting so that'd reduce this one another 5-ish ounces.
With can, total barrel length = 22".

WWP53D
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Good point. I had the barrels cut to compensate for the suppressor so if I took it off the balance would be off. I think most of the length weight and unhandy comments are made by people who are using heavy suppressors and/or not cutting their barrels short enough. I would have a poor opinion on hunting with a suppressor if I had a 24” barrel.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Thanks gentlemen, I was wondering if the brace regulation change(or whatever is going on) would slow things up.

Kingston, I went with this one in 7.62

https://www.silencershop.com/cgs-hyperion-k.html

I’ve Been waiting since June ‘22 on an eform….

You do the SlincerShop kiosk?

That makes the process a breeze.
Esp the finger prints…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,572
Posts18,491,887
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.