-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Help me out here gents. Im on the side of feeling there is a huge collapse heading our way. Been hearing alot about banks being prepared to use bail ins to help themselves stay afloat. Bail ins should be illegal, but our wanderful gov made it legal after the 2008 crash. The banks now how the authority to take the depositors money (our money) and use it to try and advoid bankruptcy. Anyome following this? Anyone hearing the cries of this alot more lately? I sure as chit am and thinking it may be time to start shuffling cash out of the banks. Thoughts?

Last edited by gunchamp; 01/22/23.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
where are you getting your intell?.....bob

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The government will one day seize all of our retirement accounts and try to redistribute them. As for the banks nows a good time to not keep all of your assets in one.

My inlaws are pretty confident because they have a bunch of cash in one retirement account at 1 Bank. They tell me I have too much stuff like guns and ammo, gold and silver, and other hard assets like a rental home. They have nothing of value except that 1 account. Even their furniture is all old and his trucks like a 98 2 wheel drive. They couldn't raise $5000 selling off all their assests other than the 1 account combined.

Even our retirement accounts are spread out over 4 different banks. Not a bad time to be diversified. I think q2 2023 could get rough. Doesn't hurt to keep a little cash stashed somewhere either.

Bb

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Banks, mortgage companies, title agencies, realtors are all going to be hurting. I’m always amazed at how many are too young and didn’t experience 2008 and have no idea about the lessons we learned from it.
50% always seem to forget to save and prepare for bad times during the good times.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

The Dodd-Frank Act?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The government will one day seize all of our retirement accounts and try to redistribute them. As for the banks nows a good time to not keep all of your assets in one.

My inlaws are pretty confident because they have a bunch of cash in one retirement account at 1 Bank. They tell me I have too much stuff like guns and ammo, gold and silver, and other hard assets like a rental home. They have nothing of value except that 1 account. Even their furniture is all old and his trucks like a 98 2 wheel drive. They couldn't raise $5000 selling off all their assests other than the 1 account combined.

Even our retirement accounts are spread out over 4 different banks. Not a bad time to be diversified. I think q2 2023 could get rough. Doesn't hurt to keep a little cash stashed somewhere either.

Bb
Exactly what we have been doing. Trying to have actual goods that are worth money. We stash away cash too, but have moved a decent amount in to goods. Everything is pointing to one hell of a mess coming our way. Dont think its avoidable

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If 2008 didn't learn you anything about banks then.......

I am of the paranoid type when it comes to banks after living in California during the 2008 collapse and was restricted on how much of my money I could withdrawal from the bank.

Once this talk of a recession started anew, I withdrew the largest majority of my money and put it in safer places....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bb

The government will just make your retirement account worthless.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MPat70
If 2008 didn't learn you anything about banks then.......

I am of the paranoid type when it comes to banks after living in California during the 2008 collapse and was restricted on how much of my money I could withdrawal from the bank.

Once this talk of a recession started anew, I withdrew the largest majority of my money and put it in safer places....
Agreed and ive done the same

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It’s times like these I’m glad I have no monetary value.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA

Bb
Inflation is a tax.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by KFWA

Bb
Inflation is a tax.

The inflation tax is hard to evade especially if it goes on long enough.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It is my observation government policies and the federal reserve have more to do with banking than the banks themselves. The banks are ones we deal with on a regular basis so I understand the reluctance to trust banks. The recession in 2008 was completely the fault of government policies implemented by bill clinton. We bank at a credit union but I don’t know that they are much different.
I am not defending the banks and I agree they won’t hesitate to take advantage of their depositors if government allows them to do so.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Help me out here gents. Im on the side of feeling there is a huge collapse heading our way. Been hearing alot about banks being prepared to use bail ins to help themselves stay afloat. Bail ins should be illegal, but our wanderful gov made it legal after the 2008 crash. The banks now how the authority to take the depositors money (our money) and use it to try and advoid bankruptcy. Anyome following this? Anyone hearing the cries of this alot more lately? I sure as chit am and thinking it may be time to start shuffling cash out of the banks. Thoughts?
I only keep enough money in there for the bills I plan to pay that month, and then just a bit more. And I quit using banks, properly speaking, and switched to a credit union, after the bank started fining me each month for not keeping $1,500.00 or more in the account at all times, i.e., you'd get the fine if it ever dropped below that amount in the month.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Inflation is a tax.
Indeed, and it hits the poor, and those on fixed incomes, the hardest. And it's hidden, so folks don't even know it's happening. Instead, they blame the "greedy retailers" for raising their prices.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most people don't understand when you deposit your money into a bank you are giving them an unsecured loan... poof gone... ooop's

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by irfubar
Most people don't understand when you deposit your money into a bank you are giving them an unsecured loan... poof gone... ooop's

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by MPat70

Not looking for coordinates or at what depth to dig... but care to share what you chose as shelter?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

The Dodd-Frank Act?

Correct.

This is going to happen. We just don't know when. We currently have unprecedented debt and the reset is coming...they have told us (just like they always seem to).

Ask yourself how much you can lose and leave that in the bank.

Or, act like everything will be fine and do nothing. Your choice!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best case scenario might be your currency gets turned into CBDC.

Study up on that and then ask yourself if it sounds like liberty!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,930
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.