-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Government won't dictate to me what I do with my loved one's ashes.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I want to be on my elk stand. 11,500' high in the San Juans----the 1st rays of the morning sun hits it. Most beautiful place

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by hanco
Since I worked at the plumbing trade for 50 years, I’ve left instructions to be take to the old El Paso tower I worked on as an apprentice. Take me to the 50th floor, dump me in a toilet, let it rip. Hell of a last ride. Eventually hit the San Jac river, head out to sea. Fitting end to a damn old plumber, don’t ya think?

You want to get flushed into a sewerage treatment plant?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Welp, If it's a crime to do it in Colorado, I guess I'm a criminal. We put some of our youngest sons ashes in the Yampa River & some up on Rabbit Ears Pass in 2020.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Right at the top of the Who Gives a Fugg what the government says list.

Cousin’s wife asked if I reloaded. She said my Cousin wanted his ashes loaded into shotgun shell and shot across his lake.
Glad I only load for rifles and handguns. She made his last wish come true. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
My brother asked to be sprinkled off the point where we used to duck hunt. I have no plans to ask permission from anyone.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Mine are to be dumped in an elk wallow on wilderness land where i shot my first bull elk with a bow.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think I could almost guarantee you that anyone that would need to ask for permission to spread somebody’s ashes is most assuredly jabbed and triple boosted….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Classic example of "don't ask, don't tell."

Yeah….

But you gotta post it to FB for it the be legit……..

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's common for people to take a relative's ashes out to a favored spot and scatter them over the land or in a river. But, is it legal? I read an article that puts a lot of it in question. Each state has it's own rules. The BLM says that scattering on their land is subject to state law. The Forest Service prohibits it, saying "placing cremains creates a “perpetual occupancy,” and may be “incompatible with the purposes for which the lands are managed." Some Nat. parks allow it but only with a special permit.
Putting them in water is usually prohibited even when scattering on land is allowed. The US Clean Water Act prohibits ashes from being put in any water less than 3 nautical miles from any land. Permits are required almost everywhere.

Idaho is quite liberal. There are no state rules or permits required. Only the rules imposed by the controller of the land apply. Ashes can be scattered by plane as long as the urn isn't tossed out, too. I don't know if loading the ashes in shotgun shells qualifies as aerial scattering. Since the BLM goes by state law and Idaho has no applicable state laws, ashes can be scattered all over southern, ID. We also have 20 million acres of Nat. Forest where it's prohibited according to what I've read.

Scattering on private land is legal in most places with the landowners permission. Whether a permit is required is up to the state.

After all is said, do they really think that all the rules and permitting is going to keep a family from scattering Grandpa over his favorite fishing stream? Not likely. All the rules are totally unenforceable and I'll bet that 99% of them are ignored. How would the USFS determine that a bag of ashes is 'perpetually occupying' the forest if they can't find the ashes or prove who they belonged to if they did find them?

It is not "their" lands. The citizens of these United States own the public lands. The attitude of the BLM has long been that they own the land and we, the public citizens are trespassing. Same with the ultra liberal, Forest Service.

If I want to scatter ashes of my loved ones on public land, I will do as I please.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When JFK Jr. was killed, his Uncle Ted or possibly Bill Clinton wrangled a ride for his ashes on a U.S. warship to be scattered at sea. Pretty high honor for one who never served, nor held office, and who pretty much died of arrogance if the reports are to be believed. Wonder how much that ride cost the taxpayers?

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
At least some of mine will be mixed into a pound of Tannerite and placed at the 200 yard line of our private shooting range. My son has agreed to be the trigger man with one of the Mausers we built together.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Sako76
Since I worked at the plumbing trade for 50 years, I’ve left instructions to be take to the old El Paso tower I worked on as an apprentice. Take me to the 50th floor, dump me in a toilet, let it rip. Hell of a last ride. Eventually hit the San Jac river, head out to sea. Fitting end to a damn old plumber, don’t ya think?

Originally Posted by Sako76

I worked on the Sims bayou plant it will go into also. I’m gonna be in heaven or hell, so it don’t matter.

Last edited by hanco; 01/24/23.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Speaking of ashes, this one brought a tear to my eye

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Mine are to be dumped in an elk wallow on wilderness land where i shot my first bull elk with a bow.

My boys aren't getting off that easy, I've got more than one place they'll need to hike to.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
When I was younger I thought it would be cool to give my best friends a little part of me and put my ashes in their favorite places. Whether it was a mountain, deer stand or best fishing spot. Now that I have a family, not so sure anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Speaking of ashes, this one brought a tear to my eye

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Me too

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: I have NEVER heard of a charge being brought or of a prosecution for "spreading loved ones ashes" on public or private lands!
And "I" been around.
Even the demonrat cretins who spread the ashes of the animalistic mass murderer known as ted bundy, out the window of an airplane over my beloved Cascade Mountains was NOT charged or prosecuted!
SO... no charges - no prosecutions - no worries.
Technically legal or not no prosecution then no punishment or worries.
Do not let the sound of your own wheels drive YOU crazy!
Don't worry, be happy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
My SIL's husband was a bit of an A-hole and she'd considered divorcing him many times. He died in his 40's from an aneurysm. He'd been very ill anyway and requested that his ashes be tossed to the wind from the top of Flattop Mtn near Anchorage where they lived. She climbed up there and gave him a toss. A wind blew the ashes right back up in her face. Most of him ended up going down the shower drain into the Anchorage waste treatment plant. This was before I met my wife so I didn't know him but from what I've been told, it was a fitting end.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Told the kids, toss the box into the nearest dumpster on the way home from crematorium.

I will no longer exist at that time and will not care.

The kids already have a grandpa and a grandma sitting on a shelf. They are getting tired of looking at the urns, but can not seem to figure out how to dispose of them.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 67 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,877
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.