Originally Posted by Salmonella
Corn Pop was a Bad Dude.

Yeah, that's what I keep hearing. Lol. FJB

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
jack,

beggin' your pardon, but this is America.

Injun names, like Sam mentioned are American.

How about Samoan, you know from AMERICAN Samoa? Worked with a Fiafia and a Salupu.........and that's just their first names. You should see their last names crazy

Lady I knew had a daughter named Jacqua. Huh? Caucasian as they could be.

Bob, the black dude I worked with, sobered up, quit doin' drugs and chasin' wimmins that weren't his and he became Shahid.

I've run across some kids, the product of my generation, with the Nature names for lack of a better terminology......Summer, Sierra, Storm, Aspen, and such.

I've always wondered why certain folks name their kids the way they do, then I look at where my family came from and I'm sorta bummed we don't have many named Seamus, or Felice, or any of the other semi weird Irish or Italian names.

If a person wants to name their kid Peanutbutterricekrispytreat........who am I to comment?

This is the greatest country around..............America.............

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Met a kid with the first name Aero last name Smith. Figured both his parents were fried.

Met two half brothers with the same first and last name. Same age and everything. They just discovered each other a year or two prior. The father must have had a huge set of balls. He bred two women at the same time. Then convinced them to name their kids the same thing without the other woman finding out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Freshman year of college guy in the dorm named Darth. Straight up, given name - Darth.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was a kid, I knew another kid named Rainbow. He had hippie parents.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
IC B2

D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I knew a girl with the last name of Mayer . She had a brother who named his son Oscar. He said he couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Freshman year of college guy in the dorm named Darth. Straight up, given name - Darth.

Knew a Darth and even better a friends brother was named Doing.

Last edited by jackmountain; 01/25/23.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So no Long Duck Dong?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
As an elementary principal in the Mississippi Delta, you should have seem some of my student rosters. They would make a
computer spell check go crazy, especially some of the AA names. A few of my favorites: Mercedes and Porche Edwards. Nova Caprice Watkins. We secretly called their mama Heavy Chevy. The family was big GM fans. Kuriyaki Smith was not Asian. I suspect they ate Chinese buffet and were inspired by Teriyaki sauce. Female student first name Nosmoking; pronounced Nos Mo King. Said to have been “borrowed” from a No Smoking sign in the hospital. Had named Formica; pronounced For Mic I Ca. And of course all the Roots inspired African names. Still see some on the evening news- arrested. Others have done well and I see some have become
nurses, CNAs, social workers, teachers. Just saw one last week driving a fine Dodge diesel. He was a welder. Some are self employed. One was a logger with his father, Pietro Blackmon.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I knew a dude named Trance.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I heard a story once, from a teacher iwho started out in LA, Oakland, SF or some such hippy haven back in the day.

Kindergarten - all her students had name tags for the first few days until she could memorize their names/faces. One kid's tag read "Fruit Stand".....so..... ok, ok.

Kid had a puzzled look on his face all day long whenever she called on him or talked to him, using his name, as is appropriate.

Came bus time, she flipped the tags over to see their stops.

His read "Dennis".

Last edited by las; 01/26/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by SamOlson
My senior year of high school I went to prom with a nice girl who had recently broken up with Cody White Bear.

At the time CWB was a scary dude.

American only pard, Injuns don’t count. Dot or feather!

Never met him but heard about a kid named.....
2 dogs fugging.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Teddy, and is a girl.

Her dad named her after Ted Nugent.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was a chick named Anna Borchine-- family was from Russia.

I had a buddy named Scheidt. He changed it when he went on the radio.

Then there was this poor girl named Connie Hunt. There was another named Physyllis.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Real names I've seen:

D'L'Qwon (Pronounced Dey La Kwon)

Shanese (mom)
and kids
Shameka
Shaneka
Schaneekiyah

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dpd
I met a girl when I was in high school named Teal . She said when she was born her dad was in the duck blind. She was a real looker .

Knew Dusty Rhodes’ (The American Dream) daughter back in the day. Her name was Teal, or Teel. Spelled some schit like that.
She was a cool chick.

Had a bus driver in elementary school named Mercedes. Her little offspring would ride with her everyday. Named the kid Benz.

Neighbor kid a few houses down was named Spike. 😂

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Went to school with a guy named Pecker Mobely, he was from a family of 9 kids, real smart kid, got killed by lightning while riding a bike, good guy. Rio7

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
In high school a girl named December I’d look at her and say all the other months just to fugk with her 🤣

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
At school, we had quite a few over the years, including Virgin Mary and Precious Diamond.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When I was teaching at the High School I was careful to ask "How is your name pronounced?" when I wasn't sure.

Occasionally a student had a name spelled as usual but pronounced differently than usual, okay, whatever.

It was very much like the Key and Peele video of taking role call in class.. grin

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 69sportfury, 20 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,117
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.