Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I claim $1 per year

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Little dogs look hungry Sam.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Always thought Ky. was about the low end of salaries, but maybe I didn't do terrible. Making about 65K when I retired, & had once quit about the best paying blue collar job in Ky., Toyota Motor MFG.
Georgetown, where they used to roll up the sidewalks every night at 9PM now busting at the seams. Unskilled, $30 an hour, skilled, $40, & a hell of a bunch of perks. But an anomaly here. No wonder they come from miles/states around to work there.

I often think if I'd stayed & how my finances would be quite a bit different. But I didn't like the damn place & decided then that money wasn't everything.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Originally Posted by AKduck
$95k is average without overtime. Probably hit $140-$150k this year with overtime I don’t want.

Can you put it toward comp time? I'd prefer the time off too and avoid the tax hit on the OT

Can only comp 480 hours but can cash out at any time. The bank filled up quickly at 18hrs comped every 12 hour shift. Decent way to make a 3% return if you wait for the yearly raise.

Is what it is….allows the wife to stay home and raise the kids comfortably.

Yup.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’m flat broke, morbidly obese and unemployable

When this jar of jolly ranchers runs out…I’m foucked

You win 🏆 🤣🤣🤣

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Made $103 last year, down about $12-15K from the previous three. However, it was the first year I knew when I was going to work, getting off work, and had two days off a week for 8 months. Most of the previous years I worked on call 24/7/365.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Money has long grown on trees. Them skills are nicely rewarded. Hint.

Anymore,I schlep a fair to middlin' part time job. I trade 23 weeks of work,for $250K. That ain't horrid,but there's perks with the ability to shovel $65K a year into retirement,HSA flooding and charitable donations to help others. The 401K match is 7% and that don't suck. Hint.

I live modest and 25% of my take home more than pays the bills. Now and again I buy a new rifle,because I like to shoot. Hint.................

25% of 250k would likely not cover the shipping charges on the amount of packages you receive!

I recall ordering the new IMac,McMillan and Arken 30mm,but more than a few parcels will be surprises. FishUSA has a barge coming my way and I'm missing the newest Custom 223 and 7mm RemMag's. Also another McMillan. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Should be some Metrology and Reamers enroute too. I'll hit the PO tomorrow,unless the Chrome keeps me away. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by gunzo
. Unskilled, $30 an hour, skilled, $40, & a hell of a bunch of perks. But an anomaly here. No wonder they come from miles/states around to work there.

You're not kidding. If Toyota ever left Georgetown it would be a hard blow to the state economy.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Brother in law tells me they can’t find enough workers at the factory where he works. Starting pay $26/hr, then $34 after 2-3 yrs. Great bennies & match. Overtime too. Big money for a nice small town and the positions go unfilled.I was surprised.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Stick. The Oil Service Industry is great but I worry for ya! Teacher's really don't get great pay up here but we aren't exposed to benzene and those crooked isomers that cause cancer. We grew up 100 miles from Valdez and all of the older guys have two or three different types of cancer and a good share checked out young. My cousin just died down in Valdez. He was a heck of a guy with two cubs and a wonderful family. My other cousin is retiring soon and is happy to get out. His wife has had several run ins with tumors both cancerous and growths. Just keep getting checked.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I grew up eating pussy and drinking out of mud puddles,I couldn't even begin to PRETEND to be that tender. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Anyone get a raise since this thread was posted?

🦫

- Just wood.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Aviation Safety Inspector is my primary and full time job.

Business Owner and FFL is my 2nd job.

Landlord is my 3rd job.

Income? Not nearly enough, although I am blessed to have what I have.

I keep forgetting you’re just done the hill from me. Should meet up for coffee or beer sometime as a good ffl is hard to come by in this area.

We can do that- let me know if you want to drop in and browse my limited selection-most of my business is via e-commerce. email- markcardinalguns.com

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny how we all judge each other based on the money we make and the jobs we do. Neither of which have any bearing whatsoever on what kind of person we really are.

Big Dumb thinks he's really something when he gets to boast of his mountain of mail that awaits him when he comes back from work camp. In reality, he's just a peon like the rest of us. <eye roll>

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Why does little dick aka big stick end every sentence with the word hint? Y’all think it’s a learning disability or maybe he’s too stupid to know what the word means?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I grew up eating pussy and drinking out of mud puddles,I couldn't even begin to PRETEND to be that tender. Hint.............

😆

Yup.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not nearly enough to support my gun habits

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Funny how we all judge each other based on the money we make and the jobs we do. Neither of which have any bearing whatsoever on what kind of person we really are.

Big Dumb thinks he's really something when he gets to boast of his mountain of mail that awaits him when he comes back from work camp. In reality, he's just a peon like the rest of us. <eye roll>

Funny thing is, I know some people with legit FU money.

Spent time at their "winter place" down at The Hideaway golfing, smoking cigars, and having great food.

Nobody needed to talk about money.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I did hit a ball into Lindsay Buckingham's yard. 😁

FWIW, 10k a week is "travel nurse" money these days.

Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (2500HD, 10Glocks, 22250rem, 257 roberts, 22kHornet, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,595
Posts18,511,293
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.