Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Originally Posted by beretzs
Mine is a 7.5 as well. As is my Howa 6 Creed. They did them right.[/quote

[quote=ChrisAU]I'll have to check but I believe mine is 7.5 as well.

Also have a B&C on order...

Well alrighty then, the advertised (slower than SAAMI) 8 twist when they came out is what turned me off, because otherwise it looks like a perfect pairing. I've got a couple ARs so chambered, and really dig the little round, now I'm going to need a Mini with BDL bottom metal to go with them.
Yes, the 6mm ARC is 1-7.5" not 1-8". Unfortunately their catalog and website state otherwise. I talked to a Legacy salesman before I ordered and he confirmed they are 1-7.5".

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I shoot 243 Grendel Krunchentickers in 7",7.5" and 8" RPM and the 8" pinwheels 112's at Low Tide. Hint.

Though admittedly,Subsonic Fodder ain't my gig. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Trigger update. Apparently timney makes two separate triggers that work fine on the standard short action Howa/Vanguard. I have 3 and used more. All are 3 position safety. That type did not quickly work on the mini but the timney that came in today did as soon as I screwed it to the action. It is a 2 position safety that unfortunately does not lock the bolt. Not a huge deal but I thought I should clear that up because I misspoke earlier about it.

With some grinding I think the 3 position could be made to work on the mini but the model 609 worked without any modifications to the trigger or action. I did have to dremel out the trigger guard a little bit and the stock some. That was pretty well expected and no big deal.

I don’t know what Wayne sells other than it’s worded to fit the mini. I don’t know if it’s the 609 or he has one made to use the 3 position safety and work with the mini? I’m sure he knows haha.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good intel Kaleb. Going to look over both. I'd like to keep the 3 POS myself.

Is there a link to the trigger or have you just spoken with Wayne about the trigger?

Last edited by beretzs; 03/07/23.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
https://www.eurooptic.com/Timney-Triggers-Howa-1500-3lb-Black-Trigger-w-Safety-609.aspx

I ordered that trigger from them because it was one of the few places that had it in stock. Maybe the 3 position that’s out of stock everywhere? I didn’t realize that they had another one because all the ones I’ve ordered in the past were 3 position.

I didn’t talk to Wayne I just noticed he offered the trigger on the same page he lists the stocks and bottom metal for the mini.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Kaleb
https://www.eurooptic.com/Timney-Triggers-Howa-1500-3lb-Black-Trigger-w-Safety-609.aspx

I ordered that trigger from them because it was one of the few places that had it in stock. Maybe the 3 position that’s out of stock everywhere? I didn’t realize that they had another one because all the ones I’ve ordered in the past were 3 position.

I didn’t talk to Wayne I just noticed he offered the trigger on the same page he lists the stocks and bottom metal for the mini.

So that’s not the 3 PoS one?

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
No sir. It’s the only Howa timney I’ve seen that isn’t but there it is. 2 position for sure. I don’t mind the 2 position if it locked the bolt like the old Remingtons did. I don’t hate the 2 position enough to fool with trying to grind to fit the other one. Not to mention that the others are out of stock everywhere I’ve looked. It would be worth calling Wayne to see what type he has. I would be surprised if he has a special 3 position made special for the mini. I hope for your sake I’m wrong. Sure wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong…haha.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I will reach out to him.

Does his bottom metal and mag all nestle up nicely in my Carbon ARC? Might just make one order and clear the slate with that gun.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I’m still watching the bottom metal posts. Seems like the floor plate models are the way to go but I sure wish a magazine option was. I guess I’m sorta dragging my feet for that last move.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I wouldn’t mind trying the dip bottom metal with factory mags. I might not require as much oal as some. Fair chance mine will end up on a diet of 95 nbt’s. A big part of me getting this rifle is for a kids deer rifle.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I’m still watching the bottom metal posts. Seems like the floor plate models are the way to go but I sure wish a magazine option was. I guess I’m sorta dragging my feet for that last move.

Same boat, I'd be okay with the mags cause if they were popular enough someone may make some metal mags. Plastic bottom metal sorta sucks though.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I spoke with Mr. York several weeks back to order bottom metal and a trigger. At that time he had neither.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have the CZ427 mag conversion bottom metal from Jefferson Outdoor and it seems to be the way to go if you aren't going to load longer than factory length. The metal CZ mags are well made and seem to be of the highest quality. For what I am using the mini for, I wanted the removeable mag for that convenience. Its a shame that Howa does not use as high a quality setup as the CZ.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
^^^ which is what has me mulling a Ruger with AR mags instead of another Howa….at least for my pred/truck gun. I like my mini in 223, and I’d like one in 6ARC, but it is nice to have mags for some uses….but bottom metal is maybe a good option.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 03/07/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TxJW
I have the CZ427 mag conversion bottom metal from Jefferson Outdoor and it seems to be the way to go if you aren't going to load longer than factory length. The metal CZ mags are well made and seem to be of the highest quality. For what I am using the mini for, I wanted the removeable mag for that convenience. Its a shame that Howa does not use as high a quality setup as the CZ.

It’s kind of a shame that the market seems to have largely become a race to the bottom, price-wise, but there it is, as evidenced by CZ dropping those nice 527s for modular rifles that are no doubt easier and cheaper to make than the old ones, both mini and full-size. At least the aftermarket options are out there that allow us to upgrade. All the major players now have lines dominated by econo-rifles, and those makeup the majority of what I see in the few shops I frequent.

That JO CZ unit works very well, and I don’t regret the money spent on it and the four magazines I have. I’d definitely recommend getting spares while they’re still available at normal prices. No telling when they’ll disappear. The mags fit neatly in a shirt pocket, a definite advantage for me, as is the flush fit of the 3-round 527 M1 model.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
CZ dropping the 527 has left an open field for the Howa Mini to exploit.
It looks like it's taking off and aftermarket support is kicking in.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
If the CZ 600 hadn’t hiccuped out of the gate in a major way, it might have jumped into the niche well…..I really like some of the features and the stock is better than what comes on the Howa base, as is the mag arrangement and bolt throw. The price point is more, but it’s tempting. No 6 ARC in it that I’m aware of, though.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Almost done setting one up, waiting on an SRS pic/ARCA rail to use it on the tripod. Pretty pleased with it. Should be a coyote busting special.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
Almost done setting one up, waiting on an SRS pic/ARCA rail to use it on the tripod. Pretty pleased with it. Should be a coyote busting special.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sharp looking setup. What stock is that?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Does anyone know if there is a three round CZ 527 mag for the 6.5G/ 6mmARC? Or a way to mod the 5 round to make it fit more flush? Will Jefferson Outdoor’s mag release have to be shortened? Ideas?

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

254 members (257 mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 21 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.