Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bay1975
You clods are missing the point.

Grind down the receiver, cut off the bolt handle, get new bottom metal, change the barrel, get a plastic or big chunky after market stock drill it for your tasco 3x9. What is the point of calling it a Mauser lol. You just spent $3000 dollars to build a $450 academy special. Let me guess you did all the work yourself, well now you have a $175 dollar pawn shop special lol.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T

Grind down the receiver, cut off the bolt handle, get new bottom metal, change the barrel, get a plastic or big chunky after market stock drill it for your tasco 3x9. What is the point of calling it a Mauser lol. You just spent $3000 dollars to build a $450 academy special. Let me guess you did all the work yourself, well now you have a $175 dollar pawn shop special lol.

Their property, their decision.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Craigster

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.

And dumbasses spend 3 grand to make a 400$ rifle and don’t know why they do it lol

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T

You should learn a little more about z1r before suggesting that he capable only of creating pawn shop specials.

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think this clown is trying to rack up enough posts quickly so that they can start scamming people in the classifieds. Clearly they have nothing of worth to contribute here.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Just found this pawn shop special at a gun show. Had I known that it is only worth $175.00, I would've passed on it.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I built a pawn shop special on a G33/40.... I even ground down the receiver bridge.... the horror... I had no idea I was breaking the rules... damn

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Which one is this?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by TeeBone
Just found this pawn shop special at a gun show. Had I known that it is only worth $175.00, I would've passed on it.

Yep someone spent a lot of time and money to re-make a model 70. Other than the stripper clip slot it’s a M70 clone lol. I just prefer the actual Mauser sporters like the Rigbys and such. If I wanted a M70 I wouldn’t have sold mine. You old farts can cry and post all the academy specials you want I still think there garbage. By a savage or make a real Mauser sporter period

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yep someone spent a lot of time and money to re-make a model 70. Other than the stripper clip slot it’s a M70 clone lol. I just prefer the actual Mauser sporters like the Rigbys and such. If I wanted a M70 I wouldn’t have sold mine. You old farts can cry and post all the academy specials you want I still think there garbage. By a savage or make a real Mauser sporter period

Every post you make reinforces your ignorance on the subject.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by irfubar

I built a pawn shop special on a G33/40.... I even ground down the receiver bridge.... the horror... I had no idea I was breaking the rules... damn

Yep, you're a maverick. Gorgeous rifle!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Ok Einstein you tell me how that’s any different than a M70? And I don’t want to hear about the gas shield and safer design blah blah. When’s the last time you blew up a M70? And besides most of the academy specials are carried by people that wouldn’t know the difference anyway. What your making is a clone of a rifle that costs 1/3 of the one you butchered? And you still don’t get it lol. That’s ignorance

Last edited by Bay1975; 02/13/23.
T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Ok Einstein you tell me how that’s any different than a M70? And I don’t want to hear about the gas shield and safer design blah blah. When’s the last time you blew up a M70? And besides most of the academy specials are carried by people that wouldn’t know the difference anyway. What your making is a clone of a rifle that costs 1/3 of the one you butchered? And you still don’t get it lol. That’s ignorance

Why do you care what others do?

So as not to appear so sanctimonious, perhaps you could channel your energy and resources into a Mauser rescue enterprise. You might then save us from ourselves.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The op asked a question and I made my comment about what I think is a waste of a good rifle action. The DIY grinder was the ones that got butt hurt lol. I don’t really care about your grinded academy specials because there ain’t no way to make them useful to me again after you fired up the dewalt in them. I have my opinion which happens to be the only one that matters to me.
If you get butt hurt about my opinion of your grinder special probably don’t quote my post just ignore it and feel the satisfaction of knowing you took something that will never be made again and grinded it into something you can buy for a few thousand dollars cheaper at academy lol. It be about like taking a rare car model and chopping and Bondo it into a F150. Carry on

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Wow! Nice addition to the campfire. He certainly knows how to make an impression.

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
The op asked a question and I made my comment about what I think is a waste of a good rifle action. The DIY grinder was the ones that got butt hurt lol. I don’t really care about your grinded academy specials because there ain’t no way to make them useful to me again after you fired up the dewalt in them. I have my opinion which happens to be the only one that matters to me.
If you get butt hurt about my opinion of your grinder special probably don’t quote my post just ignore it and feel the satisfaction of knowing you took something that will never be made again and grinded it into something you can buy for a few thousand dollars cheaper at academy lol. It be about like taking a rare car model and chopping and Bondo it into a F150. Carry on

z1r, the butt hurt "DIY grinder". I needed a good laugh today. A safe bet that he's forgotten more about Mausers than you'll ever know.

Perhaps you could show us your Rigbys. Then we can transition to a more cordial discussion about the superior attributes that would justify altering a Mauser.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brother Fubar;
Good afternoon my cyber friend, I trust life on your side of the medicine line and slightly to the east of us is going well.

There are a few rifles that get posted here which just "do it" for me somehow and that's one of them.

Funny how rifles, horses, cars and I suppose even what we consider "it" in the opposite sex is different for us all, you know?

That one is "it" for me anyways and any old time you want to share a photo of it, please go right ahead.

The one and only G33/40 I owned didn't have the original bolt and the stock had been really worked over before it was painted flat black, but I bought it and passed it along to another fellow looking for just that.

If I read Ludwig Olson's book correctly, nobody is truly certain how many military 98 rifles were made under German occupation and in their factories, but safe to say it was millions.

Anyways likely enough or hopefully enough that we're all able to do what we believe is best - well or the most fun project. wink

Best to you folks and thanks again.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Any clown that can't see the difference between this and an Academy special or Model 70, well, not sure anything needs to be said.

Nice build.

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The clown doesn't even know what a M.70 is. Time for him to join the other two in the box labeled ignore.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
A model 70 looks exactly like what you gun choppers are trying to make lol. Dumbasses spending 300$ for a 3 position saftey so they can chop a Mauser to look like a m70? Just so the ol 3x9 tasco will mount? If you don’t see your chopping and bindo-ing to make a lookalike m70 your probably too stupid to know how to use the ignore function.

Ima label you as stupid

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (2500HD, 2UP, 405winash, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,123
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.