Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by smokepole
Well, why did you assume I was talking about you?

LOL.

LOL, keep dreaming ya putz. And keep telling everyone alla bout your accomplishments, everyone is sooo interested.

So now you admit it was directed at me. 😂😂😂

Now?? I never denied it was directed at you, that was fairly obvious. Even you figured it out.

Only one person on here blowing his own horn, LOL: Q: "Do you know any famous people?" A: "I'm famous!!"

Sorry, but I just can't abide a person who needs to blow his own horn like you do, it's just the way I was raised.

My best accomplishment is, I've put three sons through college, how about you?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best friend got cut out of US Marshals. FYI, all the Illinois State Police in that movie were real.

My cousin is the Chaplain for the Chicago Cubs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If I tell you, you’ll be triggered and go on a jealous rant that I’m blowing my own horn

Like usual

😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Uncle Freddy was kinda a big thing.

My Grandma Charmine's brother

Freddie Blassie

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
jackmountain;
Good morning, actually I see it's afternoon out in Virginia, I hope that as January winds to a close it's treated you well overall.

There's a hockey school in the closest city to us and through it I've met a couple NHL players. One was the father of one of our daughter's friends in high school and we ate at each other's houses a couple times back when.

The other one seemed less friendly but he might have been having a bad day, who knows?

To be clear, I'm one of less than 200 people who were born and raised in Saskatchewan who can't skate, curl or watches hockey...

I was asked to leave and need written permission to visit... wink

One of the things I traded my life for money at was managing a storage facility. One of my favorite clients was an older chap who was way, way up in seniority for the Teamsters. His work involved moving the specialty trailers for movie sets all over the Lower Mainland - I guess some of the makeup trailers are close to 60' long and only a couple guys can move them and they're permitted? Forget now but it was that which got him onto the sets and then he'd drive around Mr. Deniro's assistant's assistant to get coffee mostly in a Suburban sort of rig.

When we would chat about different movie sets he was on he mentioned that watching the more famous actors interact with the "little people" on set, most of them were malignant rectal orifices.

Somebody I talked to who I've totally misplaced in my memory now said that Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn used to come up and watch their son play hockey - goalie for the Richmond Sockeyes - and they said they were typical hockey parents when they were at the rink.

All the best to you this week sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/30/23. Reason: schpell czech broked

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Here is acouple of people that I've met along the way. First up is Lones Wigger. What a pleasure to meet, down to earth, nothing flashy, just the real deal!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Next is Clarence "Bud" Ollum. He puts the bad in badass! Had all four jumps with the Eightyduce during WWll. Jumping Jim Gavin himself pinned a Silver Star on Bud. He's mentioned in Brokaw's second book. Just an ordinary guy that stated what every vet stated that he's no hero, that the real heros were left behind. My other bud that was there told me that there was full bird Colonel's saluting Bud when he went to Benning, when his Grandson graduated from jump school!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife is friends with the drummer of KORN.......

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Grandfather was a famous boxer in his time. Nobody younger than 60 has ever heard of him.

????
Tell us man.

Lew Jenkins - LW Champion 1940-41.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now?? I never denied it was directed at you, that was fairly obvious. Even you figured it out.

Only one person on here blowing his own horn, LOL: Q: "Do you know any famous people?" A: "I'm famous!!"

Sorry, but I just can't abide a person who needs to blow his own horn like you do, it's just the way I was raised.

Not many can combine bitching about bragging and then bragging in a single post as well as you.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Last edited by JohnBurns; 01/30/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I know a few former NFL players. Most are in their 60's by now and are long retired. Most were offensive linemen. Ray Donaldson, played 17 years at center. First with the Baltimore Colts then finished his career with a Superbowl ring with the Cowboys was the most successful.

I don't know anyone currently playing. Chris Jones, who punted for the Cowboys until 2 years ago was the last. I know his dad.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I was never enamored by movie stars or rock stars or famous athletes. They are just people, often rich but human nonetheless. The people that I am impressed with are those that have done something positive for humanity or their country. Countless soldiers, sailors and airmen, combat veterans from every war our country ever fought in would be a far far preferable introduction for me. I’d happily sit quiet and listen to men like our own DigitalDan, Gunny Hathcock, General G.A. Custer, etc, etc. Those are men that have done something noteworthy and money wasn’t their motivation. If money or fame is the primary motivator for a person then that person is NOT interesting to me.

Jason Elam held the record for the longest field goal for years at 62 or 63 yards and flew his Beaver part time for an air service out of Soldotna. I met him at the float plane dock as I was loading gear into our Cessna as he and his sons loaded their gear into their Beaver. They were headed east caribou hunting and we were headed up to a lake up in the mountains. Our son was a big time football fanatic and a great player so I had Jason Elam sign a hat I bought at the air service he flew for.

I’ve met quite a few famous people like Lucille Ball but they weren’t friends. I was friends with a couple guys that were in and started bands like the Butthole Surfers and another grunge band or 2. 😀. Our son, through his football camps, has become “friends” with several guys that are in the NFL now. They were his coaches at various camps and showcases across the country and they struck up a friendship. I shook Peyton Mannings hand and wished him good luck in retirement and we chatted for a few minutes casually along the sidelines. Eli was standing there too and I totally ignored him 😂. Sean Peyton came and sat down next to me at the Manning Passing Academy in Thibodeaux LA and said something innocuous to me, I got my wife up and we moved up a couple of rows. That was just after he got in trouble as well as the N.O. Saints for paying players to hurt their opponents. I won’t associate with someone that I DO NOT respect…..I don’t GAF how rich and famous they are, if they are so despicable as to intentionally try to break bones, induce concussive blows and cause unnecessary physical harm to their opponents they are the antithesis of the lessons that I’m teaching my children. Famous people that use their resources to cause damage, intentionally or unintentionally, cast a wide net with their bad behavior. They should be setting good examples for young people. Unfortunately many famous people are terrible examples of human beings.

I spent a fantastic night and early morning drinking Glenmorangie with a British WWII Lancaster pilot. He flew all his required combat missions plus many more dropping bombs on Germany and he enjoyed having a young American man that was truly interested and blessed by his new friend.

Everyone’s mileage is variable….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tedthorn
My Uncle Freddy was kinda a big thing.

My Grandma Charmine's brother

Freddie Blassie
Ha! If memory serves, he was one of the judges that let a very old Mae Young win the Miss Royal Rumble swimsuit contest when I was a kid?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Not many can combine bitching about bragging and then bragging in a single post as well as you.

LOL, putz #2 weighs in. That's not bragging Burns, it's a direct response to your boy Comiglia's derogatory statement directed at me, quoted here:

It must be a tough realization that you’ve never really accomplished anything noteworthy.

I simply stated my most noteworthy accomplishment, in response to his mischaracterization of the facts. Someone tells me I've never accomplished anything, I'll respond.

Unlike you and Comiglia, who need no prompting.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Well, why did you assume I was talking about you?

LOL.

LOL, keep dreaming ya putz. And keep telling everyone alla bout your accomplishments, everyone is sooo interested.

So now you admit it was directed at me. 😂😂😂

To be fair, he blows a lot of other peoples horns too.
But yes, blowing his own is quite an accomplishment.
#flexible

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No hotrod lincoln yet? I was looking forward to that one.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane
No hotrod lincoln yet? I was looking forward to that one.

There ain’t enough bandwidth on the entire interwebs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL, putz #2 weighs in. That's not bragging Burns, it's a direct response to your boy Comiglia's derogatory statement directed at me, quoted here:

It must be a tough realization that you’ve never really accomplished anything noteworthy.

I simply stated my most noteworthy accomplishment, in response to his mischaracterization of the facts. Someone tells me I've never accomplished anything, I'll respond.

Well we are making some progress.

You admit you did intiate the derogatry comments. It's your nature to start schiet and then whine when someone responds and rubs your nose in your poo.

You admit to bragging and trying to start a dick measuring contest when Rick responds to your unprovoked derogotory post.

It's funny when you whining Nellies think you're some kind of Mod here and need right the wrongs. But you were brought up that way.

Litterally no greater hubris than to think your job in life is to make sure nobody brags to much on an internet forum and makes you feel small.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Well we are making some progress.

You admit you did intiate the derogatry comments. It's your nature to start schiet and then whine when someone responds and rubs your nose in your poo.

You admit to bragging and trying to start a dick measuring contest when Rick responds to your unprovoked derogotory post.

It's funny when you whining Nellies think you're some kind of Mod here and need right the wrongs. But you were brought up that way.

Litterally no greater hubris than to think your job in life is to make sure nobody brags to much on an internet forum and makes you feel small.

I actually enjoy watching the damage you do to the business you work for, not so much the damage you do to peoples businesses and public reputations that you claim affiliation with who are probably unaware that their names are being drug through the John Burns scheit show.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Isn’t it interesting that when polesmoker posts his accomplishments, he’s not “blowing his own horn”,
But if anyone else posts their accomplishments, it is “blowing your own horn”?

How does that work?

🤣😂🤣

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 1,800 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,071
Posts18,521,675
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.