Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, but never got 1 that wasn't deserved, mostly belt or wooden spoon.

Paternal grand father, was into mind games.

Anytime, any of the grand children was at their place, there was a 5gal bucket of water, with a 4' 2"x1" sitting in it, at the bottom of the stairs !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yessir

I have giveth you 12 nightcrawlers, you pincheth themeth in half and catcheth us 24 channel cats

Or you getteth a whoopin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Momma wore out a lot of dads belts on my azz up until I turned 13 and was taller than her........

Belt whipping ended when i caught her arm in the back swing .........and we both knew it was pointless.....she just let go of the belt and that was that.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Leather strop for me too from my father. Mom was the true terror with a fly swatter. None of that wait until your father gets home B/S.

Dad always said, "Nadie Nacio Ensenado" (No One Was Born Taught)
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
chancla...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Never with an accessory that I recall.

Got a few hand spankings from Mom. The one I remember most was when I was 5 and I was running from her around the wall that separated the kitchen and the dining room. The running away was pissing her off even more. I got a good lead on her and snagged a hard cover book off a shelf as I went whizzing by. I stuck it down the back of my pants and stopped and waited. She came around the corner and spun me around and WHACK! "OW!!! WHAT THE.....??? YOU LITTLE SCHIDT!!!!" WHACK WHACK WHACK lol

Dad never had to spank us. The "look" was all that was needed to be "said."

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Dad used his belt, or rope. The rope was like getting hit with a club. I was an exceptionally slow learner, as it was a good day when I only got my attention brought back on point once. When I came home from the service I mentioned how bad I felt about being whipped so often. Dad said he was ashamed of how often he had to beat me. I truly needed a firm hand growing up, and gave my Dad credit fr saving me from the pen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dad used his belt.

Mom used a wooden spoon.

Only when we deserved it.

I am grateful they cared enough to discipline!

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Hands, feet, anything the step corksucker could grab, broke my jaw with a thrown claw hammer.

You should have Lifetime Movie'd that MF'er!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dad always used the belt but mom was a terror with the wire fly swatter or any other tool that was close. I still have scars from the swatter. I'm fortunate to have a kid who only needs a stern look to straighten out his actions. He's never needed more than a hard look.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Mama was the disciplinarian in the the family as Daddy was a long haul independent trucker. No such thing as wait till Daddy gets home-as he’d be gone a month or more at a time. Belts and switches were the preferred weapon of choice. There were 4 boys and she believed in getting the entire group while at it. She was sure there was something that you got by with and weren’t caught. She was usually right. Had to go pick out our our switches and Lord help you if you selected one unsuitable for the task. Have a theory that Baptists are good dancers cos of all them switchins they got as younguns. You didnt want to cross Daddy. Ungodly strong, redheaded and quick tempered and worked as bartender/bouncer in a joint and weekends. worked one summer at ARNG and my first sgt told me of winning $600 by betting on my Dad gripping and holding a certain poundage on bath scales for a minute. He also put 3 outta 4 of the Wolf brothers in the hospital one weekend. They were River Rats who worked on towboats and operated as a pack. Gouged eyes, bit off ears, stomped folks- ruff fellows. Sgt said he cold cocked one with his fist, used a heavy piece of wrapped copper cable on another, and one that pulled a knife got pistol whipped with a 1911. The last one retreated thru a closed screen door and a barbed wire fence getting away. We walked on eggshells round Dad. Found out much later that he had a terrible childhood and was beaten with a log chain and removed from the home by his fathers sister. Bible teaches corporal punishment. Our healthy fear of Dad kept us out of lots of trouble. No fear of God nor justice in todays world. Crime pays.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
For not brangin home 15 squirrels when allocated 15 .22 shells?

Just askin?

Slackass.

They dun gave me 10 shells, and I had ta bring home 12 squirrels.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Saw one of my older brothers get the belt. After that I knew I didn't want none of it. Scared me straight as an arrow, although mom still spanked me a time or two with her hand, never really hurt. But I knew I didn't want nothin' to do with the belt.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Got the belt when we were traveling. When at home, dad had a 2ft hydrolic hose. I hid that hose just once in my life.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Ain’t got schit on a phone cord or wire clothes hanger. 😂

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yes. Lots of times. Always deserved.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Mom favored wire coat hangers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Originally Posted by bamagun01
A doubled over leather belt was the norm. Luckily I’ve never used one on my kids. Words and leather can be detrimental on a kid if not restrained.

I would hope that none of the posters who got beat ever laid a hand on a child.

Terrible reading these stories. Makes me mad

Depends on the circumstance.

Next question should be “who ever got punched by their dad?”.

I did, only once, right cross, knocked me right over, for vandalism when drunk.

There’s a LOT of young men today who’d be FAR better off if they had been punched out when appropriate by a righteous father.

As for me I’ve never hit a woman or a kid and I’m a stepdad. That coulda been difficult but as it turned out we got along well.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was beat with a strap and belt growing up, don't know that it helped or hurt. But I pretty much hated my Dad and didn't care to see him or my drunkazz mom for years. Now I get to make sure he's fed, watered, and clean him up with new underwear a few times a day.

Life is good live it while you can.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yup, Daddy used a razor strap. Mom used a switch cut from the privet that grew on the side yard.

lightman
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,274
Posts18,486,646
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.