Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I leave a Savage 24F in 223/20 in the foot well for the 3rd row seats with those seats folded down.

I used to leave a rifle in a pick up truck rear window rack, but decided that when I moved from the country to the suburbs it made my neighbors uncomfortable.

GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Yes, sometimes several... Guess I view it differently. I have some nice guns that serve their purpose very well. But If one or two gets swiped, BFD.. Get another.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Yes. I did the backseat modification on my Ram 1500 to allow the seats to fold down. There are good things behind those seats.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a handgun in the truck. Not sure how much longer I can get away with it, but I've never locked my vehicles around town or at home. We've been seeing more theft since the [bleep] hit the fan, mostly thugs coming from off the mountain doing night time runs.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ldholton
... when the neighbors you do have think you're a crazy sob and will shoot somebody just for looking at you wrong keeps a thievery down.
Cuts way down on trespassing too.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by slumlord
I don’t have stupid shît like NRA or 30 point Bone Kollecta’ michael waddell stickers plastered all over my back window

His and her Browning buck and doe on the side windows. With “Kyle and Steph”

Exactly, why advertise that you might have guns, bows, or other hunting equipment to be stolen. Zero stickers on my truck.

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by slumlord
I don’t have stupid shît like NRA or 30 point Bone Kollecta’ michael waddell stickers plastered all over my back window

His and her Browning buck and doe on the side windows. With “Kyle and Steph”

Exactly, why advertise that you might have guns, bows, or other hunting equipment to be stolen. Zero stickers on my truck.

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^ memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Fella down in Georgia had "No Trespassing - Death Traps Installed" signs on his warehouse...

No one ever broke in.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure how many folks here leave a firearm in their vehicle, but this one has on occasion.

Black Cows Matter!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't take my guns to town.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Would be a fool not too.

Why??
Originally Posted by P_Weed

You go to town unarmed?

/

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They dont care about the stickers around here, you have a 4x4 truck, they just assume. Literally about two weeks ago they rode through my buddies neighborhood and busted out windows in all the nice trucks looking for guns.

I have gotten better about bringing it in with me when I get home due to all the break ins.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Riverc
[quote=Nestucca]Would be a fool not too.

Why??
Originally Posted by P_Weed

You go to town unarmed?

An old Johnny Cash song! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I don't have stickers. I don't leave guns in a vehicle unattended/at night. If I am carrying, I am carryings. On the rare occasion I need to leave a gun in a vehicle, the vehicle's locked, it's during the day, in the wide open. I do not park my vehicle in sketchy places. Last time I did it was in that schithole Nashville and mine was one of seven broken into over night in the hotel parking lot. Fortunately, I had taken all 4 guns I was traveling with into my room for the night. All that was stolen was a couple of hundred rounds of .458 SOCOM ammo I was taking to my grandson. The thieves also missed a $3500 air rifle in another vehicle (young lady traveling to a match somewhere.) Now, at hotels/motels I leave nothing of value in the vehicle and don't lock the doors.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those 'no gun' signs are for the other folks. I take my conceal carry right on in. No one knows it's there but me and that's the way I like it.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

You gotta remember too, that I live in a rural area. Most places don't care whether you carry or not. I know of 1 business that has a 'no weapons' sign. I ignore it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nope

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some places you enter are no carry zones. Post office, hospital, etc. Handgun stays locked in the car. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Of course I do. I go hunting a lot. I don't pack the musket into the gas station, store or restaurant. When traveling overnight, which is fairly common during hunting season, the guns and optics come in the motel with me. I don't carry my handgun in the school or courthouse here. I've never had one stolen but try to minimize the risk. I REALLY hate leaving my dog in the car. Loss of a gun would be inconvenient but losing the dog would be terrible.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Fella down in Georgia had "No Trespassing - Death Traps Installed" signs on his warehouse...

No one ever broke in.

NO TRESPASSING
Survivors Will Be Prosecuted

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I rarely leave a rifle in the truck and never overnight. I do have an aftermarket steel console handgun safe in the truck that I can lock up a handgun and it’ll be safe from thieves for a little while. I also have a steel pistol box with a cable in the wife’s car for the times we go out and I have a beer. I can lock away my CC pistol in case I get stopped by a cop.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (260Remguy, 358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 16 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,681
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.