Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
I going to the store look for some moon pies.
You can’t check the dumpster after a delivery?

I haven’t worked their since January 6th. Their is a education requirement GED or higher. They are now enforcing it, I was not grandfathered in. They said I was erroneously hired. Something about possibly paying money I earned back??? I moved out of the trailer on 31 January. As of 1 February sleeping in Coleman 2 season tent with lots of blankets.
Keep your noggin up and a beanie on it. Only the strong survive. Got any Pards ?

Slumlord and renegade are my pards. Well I like to think they are. When it’s in the 20’s and my teeth are chattering I miss my days in the youth center. Getting beat up for my food doesn’t seem so bad when you are cold.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by slumlord
RC and a GooGoo Cluster

I may have been thinking of googoo clusters being pushed in Nashville. Or maybe both degenerate a town as it is.

Same/same anyway,.
Fuggin’ diabetic central

You've obviously seen it first hand.
Yep. And I’m sure you’ve been whooped a dozen times firsthand.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Sure did and it was a treat for us kids. This is what the RCs looked like when I was young. The Moon Pies still look and taste the same.

Edit- I still drink RC and had one just this morning. I quit Coca Cola altogether whenever they went woke a few years ago.

Last edited by Houser52; 02/02/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Moon Pies were not a part of our area. Royal Crown was our "brown pop" and Bubble Up was our "white pop".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Watched several floats at Alabama’s mini Margi Gras that was filled with Klan members throwing Moonpies as hard as they could at black people.

Didn’t see any RC bottles thrown.

🦫

similar experience

Lived there in the early 90s. Wife and I decided to go to a Mardi Gras parade in downtown. Not knowing much about the town I'm think hey, its just like an Xmas parade. Man was I wrong

First , we were the only white faces in the crowd, I'm talking hundreds of people. So the floats come by and I didn't even realize they threw stuff into the crowd, but then we see them coming our way and they are throwing out moon pies, beads, candy, whistles , whatever. Little black kids are going crazy, fighting over this stuff, running up under the floats

So the people on the float see us, the only white faces in the crowd and they point to us, start throwing us all the good stuff they held back - full size candy bars , big beads , moon pies - the black people aren't really pissed but they let me know immediately what they thought about us getting the good stuff, I think they might have been really pissed if were weren't handing it to the mass of kids arounds us. I told my wife these float people are trying to get my ass kicked.

So the floats go by and we're waiting for the second crew to come by. Someone shoots off firecrackers and everyone, I mean everyone in the crowd drops thinking someone is shooting a gun, except the stupid white man and his white wife who just stood there standing up looking around. Once they realized it was just firecrackers they all had a big laugh about us just looking at them like wtf are you people doing.

I wan't really concerned about safety but I also didn't really feel ok there. This was 1992. No way would I even think about it now.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Watched several floats at Alabama’s mini Margi Gras that was filled with Klan members throwing Moonpies as hard as they could at black people.

Didn’t see any RC bottles thrown.

🦫

similar experience

Lived there in the early 90s. Wife and I decided to go to a Mardi Gras parade in downtown. Not knowing much about the town I'm think hey, its just like an Xmas parade. Man was I wrong

First , we were the only white faces in the crowd, I'm talking hundreds of people. So the floats come by and I didn't even realize they threw stuff into the crowd, but then we see them coming our way and they are throwing out moon pies, beads, candy, whistles , whatever. Little black kids are going crazy, fighting over this stuff, running up under the floats

So the people on the float see us, the only white faces in the crowd and they point to us, start throwing us all the good stuff they held back - full size candy bars , big beads , moon pies - the black people aren't really pissed but they let me know immediately what they thought about us getting the good stuff, I think they might have been really pissed if were weren't handing it to the mass of kids arounds us. I told my wife these float people are trying to get my ass kicked.

So the floats go by and we're waiting for the second crew to come by. Someone shoots off firecrackers and everyone, I mean everyone in the crowd drops thinking someone is shooting a gun, except the stupid white man and his white wife who just stood there standing up looking around. Once they realized it was just firecrackers they all had a big laugh about us just looking at them like wtf are you people doing.

I wan't really concerned about safety but I also didn't really feel ok there. This was 1992. No way would I even think about it now.
Good talk, Covtard

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Absolutely!!

Go together like peas and carrots.

Back in the 70s - in my teenage years - I woked for a grocery store chain. The "Moonpie" salesman had convinced the story manager to purchase a large quantity of Moonpies. They set the display up front - as close to the buggies as possible.

I was in the office one day and the manager commented that the Moonpies had been on display for 2 weeks - but were not selling. He couldn't understand it.

I asked, "Are you open to a fix?" He said yes.

I told him to place an RC cola display right beside the Moonpies and see what happens.

To my surprise, when I came to work the next afternoon, the RC Cola display was up - right beside the Moonpies.

In two days - both Moonpies and RC colas were gone.

Durning my youth, an RC Cola and a Moopie was tradition.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Sad
Campfire Regular
B
Yep more times than I can remember as a child. Always at my grandparents.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. And I’m sure you’ve been whooped a dozen times firsthand.

Probably more than that, but I try to roll with people better at it than me.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sure have! Its been a while.

lightman
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RC and Crown , used to be one of my favorites .

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Here in the Mississippi Delta, RCs and Moon Pies are fine fare. Out from Clarksdale MS on Hobson Plantation(where the first crop of cotton was gathered using mechanical pickers) is the Shack Up Inn, a collection of shotgun houses. Guests who follow the Blues stay there, and Moon Pies are left on the pillows and RCs in the fridge. Used to be that way. Same thing N of Greenwood at Tallahatchie Flats on Money Road be
side the Tallahatchie River. It’s a collection of 6 tenant houses and one real juke joint. They held my wife’s class reunion at the juke joint. Was at the grocery last week and they had Moon Pies in chocolate, vanilla, banana, and strawberry; but they have shrunk in size considerably. Also saw Stage Planks in lemon, strawberry, and I believe vanilla icing. I wanted my granddaughters to have a taste of southern culture. Had a field day in an old timey store in Jackson TN buying “penny” candy ( not a penny anymore). Great Buffet there tho it’s been several years. I believe they do likewise at the Alluvian Hotel in Greenwood too ( the moon pies on the pillows). Kind of a tongue in the cheek- Hell naw we ain’t been reconstructed thing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That
I love me some RC. Every so often I find some RC cherry. That is some good stuff. I am not a moon pie fan.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by 79S
I going to the store look for some moon pies.
Dollar General is usually good for Moon Pies and Goo Goo Clusters.
Dollar General has 3 2-liter RC Colas for $3.00. Not a bad soda pop. You can even mix a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have had both. Coke is king around here, but I get an RC occasionally too. Even poured peanuts in them.

If Moon Pies are fresh, they are actually pretty good. Unfortunately, most of them have been sitting on store shelves for what seems like decades. I was coming out of the Chattanooga Sportsmans Warehouse a while back and some Boy Scouts were selling boxes of Mini Moon Pies. I bought 3 boxes, one of each flavor. They are made in Chattanooga and those apparently came straight from the kitchen.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
RC is still being made but not bottled in the spiral glass bottles..

Last edited by navlav8r; 02/02/23.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Yes many times when young. Or pour a bag of salted peanuts in it.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
A RC , BC and a moon pie at break time in the tobacco patch, good eats

We had nabs and a Pepsi around 10am in our tobacco patch....late 60s/early 70s.....NC border belt market......i still like that combo to this day

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1100mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 66 invisible), 18,947 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,981
Posts18,540,068
Members74,053
Most Online21,066

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.