Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Never owned a Glock 10mm

But this recent SA 10mm I've aqquired seems would work well with heavy hard casts

16+ 1......Red dot may be an option while carried in a chest holster or pack

[Linked Image from files.springfield-armory.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Copy that.

I’ve got a couple older mk-something’s

Never hard to convince myself to get another .22...

Thanks
Originally Posted by Big Stick
"Yes" sums it up succinctly. Hint.

The platform is robust,reliable,fends weather well,boasts friendly ergo's,is well thunked,exceptionally accurate,fun to shoot and easy to do well with. 40gr Solids travel at a nice speed to dig deeply and it is effortless to place same,as per whim,in the requisite quantity. Hint.

My preference is a mag safety disconnect,slingshot and as mentioned the VQ/TK Flatty melding. Poke it in a GFI Kenai and there's nothing to fret. I find CT grips intuitive and they play well with a dot sight. With the well balanced ergo's,neither is mandatory up close,but it will fhuqk with heads at a distance. Likely a pun intended. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Just sayin'..............

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The platform is robust,reliable,fends weather well,boasts friendly ergo's,is well thunked,exceptionally accurate,fun to shoot and easy to do well with. 40gr Solids travel at a nice speed to dig deeply and it is effortless to place same,as per whim,in the requisite quantity. Hint.

My preference is a mag safety disconnect,slingshot and as mentioned the VQ/TK Flatty melding. Poke it in a GFI Kenai and there's nothing to fret. I find CT grips intuitive and they play well with a dot sight. With the well balanced ergo's,neither is mandatory up close,but it will fhuqk with heads at a distance. Likely a pun intended. Hint.

With Stingers I suppose, the cheap stuff could jam.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Showing a bear photo in a boat doesn't prove you saw a "bear track" yesterday but your amazing trash can vocabulary does prove your insecurity, so sad for a grown man to act that way on a great gun forum. Is that your only way of communicating, what a potty mouth!! Laughing!

Dick

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
... so sad for a grown man to act that way on a great gun forum.

Dick

Big assumption there.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Never owned a Glock 10mm

But this recent SA 10mm I've aqquired seems would work well with heavy hard casts

16+ 1......Red dot may be an option while carried in a chest holster or pack

[Linked Image from files.springfield-armory.com]

Sportsman’s Outdoor Superstore is running a special on police trade-in 40 caliber Springfield XDm pistols, with 4.5 inch barrel, for $299 with free shipping. I’ve had good luck with the XD platform and I like the cartridge, but I hadn’t tried ‘M’ variant and this deal provided a low-buck test drive. The pistol has a few scuffs, which I expected. It came with the box, spare magazine, holster, mag carrier & mag loader, interchangeable back-straps etc. The magazines hold 16 rounds. It’s a fullsize pistol, but isn’t as bulky as I expected. It carries better IWB than any Glock I’ve carried in my 12 year old Safariland 27.

[Linked Image from thesixgunjournal.net]

Springfield markets the XDm as having ‘match’ enhancements and the barrel is so marked. While the new XDm Elite claims a ‘crisp’ match trigger, this one feels like every other stock XD I’ve shot- plenty of take up with some creep in the second stage. Polishing of contact surfaces corrects this.

I personally don't care for the XDm grip texture. Mine got the Talon grip treatment immediately and that, along with the #1 insert, produced a comfortable grip with instinctive sight alignment. The other two XDm grip inserts produce a pronounced hump at the heel of the hand, much like their Austrian competitor. Changing XDm back straps is a PITA, which requires hammer and punch to accomplish.

Springfield—actually, the Croats—got some things really right on this model. The slide has been tapered toward the top, which makes it carry nicer. They ditched the double-wound recoil spring assembly in favor of a solid guide rod and single recoil spring ala 1911. The result is a much smoother recoil impulse and very predictable ejection. This pistol is a pleasure to shoot with the hottest 40 loads. At this slide/barrel/grip length the pistol balances perfectly, even with 17 rounds on board.

Early shooting indicates the pistol is accurate, but so is my 20 year old XD40 Service. When time and weather permit, I’ll do some rested shooting and see if the XDm lives up to its ‘match barrel’ billing.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'loper,

They are tough not to LOVE. I'll take mine without the hinge. Hint...............(grin)

'watcher,

Stingers are about THE worst fhuqking thing going,due schit reliability,schit penetraion and schit "accuracy". Hell...they're barely even fit for knocking the wiggle outta' Halibut. Hint.

422 here. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Dickho,

i needn't "prove" anything and I keep forgetting how that which is blasse' for me,is plum fhuqking AMAZING for you Fhuqktards...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cut two Woof Packs today,possibly a 3rd but the snow was rotten and couldn't get a good read. Bears like to hide their tracks,but at least now you can say you've seen one,which makes this a BIG Day for you in Brokedickville. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

'84,

You "tell" her you "rugged" Snowflake. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
“‘loper,

They are tough not to LOVE. I'll take mine without the hinge. Hint...............(grin)“

Looked at a few in some local shops today.

Looks like, No hinge will certainly add to the challenge.

S’pose that means a bit of vintage

Hinged are all I saw...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
GunsInternational,has what I'd want. No-hinge and removable grip panels(for CT). Hint.

GI 22/45 LITE RINK

I wouldn't linger. Hint..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Stick, what holster/rig for the 5.5" S&W 41's?

Gunfighters make something custom?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only have a coupla 41's,so configured. They aren't Dirty Duty Pistoles,but rather Play Toys and I tend to drive Triple K 39-15's,because I like the extry mag pocket affixed. Hint.

The GFI Gang are GOOD folks and will largely do as you please. Hint................

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Stick, thanks for the holster recommendation and pics of that triple K. Will see if I can find one..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
2X
I'm gonna check with GFI about a custom job. Accuracy and results with Green Tag simply do not lie.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Were '41's S/S,you'd be seeing pictures of mine in action,via GFI Kenai. Hint................(grin)

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I do not have the salt to contend with, so I'm willing to give up a little sleep time to clean her up after a long day.
Grouse and rabbits do not like when I have the 41 in tow.
Can't see a bear enjoying a couple in the brain either.

If S&W could prevent potential galling, a SS 41 would be an unbeatable companion.

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Big Stick, these were taken in the last week, no summer time photo's like you displayed. Although I did see a monster bear track on the way home from the basketball game last night but at -28 I decided not to go after it since my snow shoes were in the garage. My son shot the Badger in a snow storm last week after it had burrowed out for a weather check. The other animals were in my yard. Feel free to donate some colorful language from you BS library that you are so good at.......the spelling is always impressive, laughing!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dick

Last edited by Idaho1945; 02/02/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'45,

It ain't always simply "salt",as much as total Soaktitude. Hint.(grin)

Today was another "slow" arrid morning. Hint.

I'd go Hard Chrome on a '41,but that does nothing for the bore. Hint................

Dickho,

NO "wonder" you are a Whining CLUELESS Fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Geez BS'er, from the looks of your hold on that Polar Bear we're going to have to work on your hold & your vocabulary. And I thought this was a handgun section, not rifles.........laughing!
Dick

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Super cool pics there Idaho. Looks like you are a revolver guy through and through. Very nice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

https://www.tandemkross.com/Victory-Trigger-for-Ruger%C2%AE-2245%E2%84%A2_p_197.html

Won't copy link.

TK flat trigger only plus,

https://volquartsen.com/products/354-accurizing-kit

????

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/04/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 270wsmnutt, 57 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,686
Posts18,534,471
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.