Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Haven’t seen any in a while…

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Elvis
Maybe not for much longer.

The French and Australian governments announced last week that they are going to join forces and produce 155mm artillery shells for Ukraine. Australia is going to provide the powder. Guess where that will be made? You guessed it.....at the ADI powder plant, which makes H4350, which is ultimately owned by a French company (Thales I believe). I'm hazarding a guess and assume that a large military contract will take precedence over sporting purposes.

So get it why you can............even at US$60 a pound.

AR2209 (H4350) is AU$139 here for 1kg (2.2 lbs) just for interest.

PS: IMR may need to resurrect their Enduron line of powders again.

This is exactly what I have worried about. Just about the time the commercial demand induced shortage fades a military demand induced shortage arrives........

Enduron powders went away precisely because they were prempted by military munitions production. I hope Enduron powders return but I think it's gonna be a while.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by HeavyDove
Having 42 pounds of Blue Dot makes me giggle.

! Ooh rah !

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Saw it on line on Friday, at either Mid South , Graf & Sons, or Natchez...

They had it in stock, and it was like $47 or so a pound... it was definitely under $50 a pound where ever I saw it..

I don't need it at that price, but then I bought when things were cheap under Trump...and I don't use a lot of 4350 any more these days..

but passing that along, for those of you that are looking for it..

I was surprised to see retailers having powder on line that has been "out of stock" since President Dumbass was sworn in Jan 2021.

Found that pricing for 4350 I saw the other day.... It was for IMR 4350 not Hodgdon H 4350....

I did see Accurate Arms 4350 available on one of the web sites today also... IIRC, its burn rate is closer to IMR 4350.. and it was cheaper.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Maybe not for much longer.

The French and Australian governments announced last week that they are going to join forces and produce 155mm artillery shells for Ukraine. Australia is going to provide the powder. Guess where that will be made? You guessed it.....at the ADI powder plant, which makes H4350, which is ultimately owned by a French company (Thales I believe). I'm hazarding a guess and assume that a large military contract will take precedence over sporting purposes.

So get it why you can............even at US$60 a pound.

AR2209 (H4350) is AU$139 here for 1kg (2.2 lbs) just for interest.

PS: IMR may need to resurrect their Enduron line of powders again.

This is exactly what I have worried about. Just about the time the commercial demand induced shortage fades a military demand induced shortage arrives........

Enduron powders went away precisely because they were prempted by military munitions production. I hope Enduron powders return but I think it's gonna be a while.

We are in the position here in Australia that the locally made ADI powders are about the last left. Winchester is no longer imported, Vihtavouri (sp.) is gone and Alliant is only imported every few years. I was talking to a rep from the company that imports Alliant powders and he said don't expect any for two to three years at the earliest, as Alliant is currently making powders for the US military. If ADI do the same for the French our last source of powders could disappear too and then we are stuffed.

I think I will lay in a few more bottles while there is still stock on shelves. The war in Ukraine doesn't seem to be ending and with China on the rise the militaries of the world will be laying in huge stocks of ammo, tying up the powder manufacturers for who knows how long?

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I have a bit over 6kg (13lb) of 2209/H4350 and I was wondering if I should pick up another kilo bottle or two.

a shooter should never have enough of any powder they prefer to use, as long as we have gun grabbing liberals left in office..

never have our nations been so vulnerable, since WW 2.

Our own leftist politicians are selling us out to Communist control...

and of all of us who have put on a uniform to defend and serve our nation, we each took an oath to defend it from all enemies.. Foreign and DOMESTIC..

WE may need powder for our arms for that instead of hunting, or having to hunt to feed our loved ones, the way the liberal left is running the nations we live, toward...

Good post J.. They are infringing on our rights as we speak. Especially in your home state. I'm back in my home state, but will be ready when needed. And I don't fu ck around. I don't waste time either. Are you guys ready to hear the POTUS speech tonight? What a stupid mother fu cker. .

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I have a bit over 6kg (13lb) of 2209/H4350 and I was wondering if I should pick up another kilo bottle or two.

a shooter should never have enough of any powder they prefer to use, as long as we have gun grabbing liberals left in office..

never have our nations been so vulnerable, since WW 2.

Our own leftist politicians are selling us out to Communist control...

and of all of us who have put on a uniform to defend and serve our nation, we each took an oath to defend it from all enemies.. Foreign and DOMESTIC..

WE may need powder for our arms for that instead of hunting, or having to hunt to feed our loved ones, the way the liberal left is running the nations we live, toward...

Good post J.. They are infringing on our rights as we speak. Especially in your home state. I'm back in my home state, but will be ready when needed. And I don't fu ck around. I don't waste time either. Are you guys ready to hear the POTUS speech tonight? What a stupid mother fu cker. .

I hate crowds and lots of people L. That is why I live in Oregon, and in the southern part...

Actually my home state is back east....Virginia...I'm 17th generation Virginian...

I haven't trusted the Feds since my high school years... Plenty of reason to not to....especially if you grew up where I called home...

My High School Parking lot, was less than 15 miles from the Pentagon's Parking lot...
I've had family members who have held high level jobs within the Federal Government, along with being related to several Senators and Congressmen.

My leeriness of the Federal Government, is based on a lot more than your average Oregon Joe...I live here for the mountains and the outdoors..
certainly not for the politics. I've moved away from it all since I graduated High School.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

667 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 78 invisible), 2,966 guests, and 1,383 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,748
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.