Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Does anyone know anyway to find out how many of these were made. It’s a M77 MarkII Varmint/target rifle with a 28” barrel in 6.5 Creed stainless grey, with laminated stock. I’m thinking of selling it but I can’t figure out if it’s rare or how much it’s worth. I’ve searched gunbroker but there’s none on there. Help please

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Its not that rare... I've got one in one that slipped out of the factory ( there were more... ) in 260 Rem... I think that was a special order like from Lipsey's or someone like that...
The 6.5 NeedMore is much more common...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Does anyone know anyway to find out how many of these were made. It’s a M77 MarkII Varmint/target rifle with a 28” barrel in 6.5 Creed stainless grey, with laminated stock. I’m thinking of selling it but I can’t figure out if it’s rare or how much it’s worth. I’ve searched gunbroker but there’s none on there. Help please
Ruger may be able to give you some details on it and the Blue Book of Gun Values may have some information. I'll look at my latest to see if it's listed.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The Blue Book lists it as Model KM77VTBBZ Mark II Target, offered in several calibers but only the 6.5 Creedmoor was offered in 26 or 28" barrel lengths. Says it had a black laminate stock, no sights and weiged 9 ½ to 9 ¾ lbs. It is a discontinued model.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Does the bluebook list a value?

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The last MSRP was $1,029 or so. 100% value is at $795 and goes down as condition goes down.

Keep in mind, the prices given in the Blue Book are not exact and can vary regionally. Use it as a guide only.

Also, there was no indication of the number of rifles shipped which leads me to believe it is not rare.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 01/30/23.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The NeedMore came with a 28 inch barrel... I however never jumped on the bandwagon for the caliber, because I've been shooting the 260 since it came out back in 1998. They put a 28 inch barrel on it, so it wasn't going to be SLOWER than the 260 is all.

The cartridge and the rifles are very accurate in the Ruger VT. Seems to me the popularity of the cartridge, and the rifle having a good reputation, plus with the grey laminate stock, its an attractive set up. I'm not a buyer of rifles that people are asking top price for, but I'm not other people.

If the stock is not dinged up, the barrel shot out, and you include the factory scope rings...I'd ask in the $950 range...

There are enough Creedmore believers out there, you'll get it.. just have to wait for the right buyer...

Toss in, that is out of production, the right buyer would probably pay more..

just my 2 cents....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The Blue Book lists it as Model KM77VTBBZ Mark II Target, offered in several calibers but only the 6.5 Creedmoor was offered in 26 or 28" barrel lengths. Says it had a black laminate stock, no sights and weiged 9 ½ to 9 ¾ lbs. It is a discontinued model.
Everything but the 6.5 had 26" barrels.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The rarest VT Ruger made was the 22PPC and 6PPC only made for 2 years. Ruger lost a copyright infringement case by the inventors after they copyrighted PPC.

Swifty
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Swifty52
The rarest VT Ruger made was the 22PPC and 6PPC only made for 2 years. Ruger lost a copyright infringement case by the inventors after they copyrighted PPC.

Ruger seemed to do that frequently. I have a really nice stainless m77 mk2 chambered in 300 RSAUM. They only made that rifle for 1 year, before they got their titties in a ringer over it. Somehow it infringed on something to do with the WSM's. Probably why they started to make their own rendition of the short magnums. 300 and 338RCM.
Originally Posted by Seafire
The NeedMore came with a 28 inch barrel... I however never jumped on the bandwagon for the caliber, because I've been shooting the 260 since it came out back in 1998. They put a 28 inch barrel on it, so it wasn't going to be SLOWER than the 260 is all.

The cartridge and the rifles are very accurate in the Ruger VT. Seems to me the popularity of the cartridge, and the rifle having a good reputation, plus with the grey laminate stock, its an attractive set up. I'm not a buyer of rifles that people are asking top price for, but I'm not other people.

If the stock is not dinged up, the barrel shot out, and you include the factory scope rings...I'd ask in the $950 range...

There are enough Creedmore believers out there, you'll get it.. just have to wait for the right buyer...

Toss in, that is out of production, the right buyer would probably pay more..

just my 2 cents....

Possible, but not likely. Like I said in the other thread he started, there was one that sold on GB for $855.00 a month ago. Others listed in the $1,000.00 range just sit, and those are NIB rifles.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Swifty52: That is good to know.
I have a new in the box, unfired, Ruger 77 V/T in 22 PPC that I might be selling come spring time.
I wonder what I should ask for it - every once in a while I look for a "comparable" for sale, but no luck.
Thanks for the tip/info.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

This is correct

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Thanks for everything guys, this is a damm good place to get information and what not

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I have a new in the box, unfired, Ruger 77 V/T in 22 PPC that I might be selling come spring time.
I wonder what I should ask for it - every once in a while I look for a "comparable" for sale, but no luck.
Thanks for the tip/info.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Comparable laughing there. From what I was told all unsold dealer inventory was returned to Ruger for destruction along with any at the factory. Same same for the No.1V’s produced in said calibers.

Swifty
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Swifty52: I have a nifty all factory original Sako Varmint in caliber 6 m/m PPC - did "they" get in trouble also?
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't type it correctly.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Thanks for the tip/info.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I have the same Sako. My dad went 6mm ppc crazy in the 90s and first bought the M77 Target Varmint with the laminated stock and then the Sako also in 6ppc. I think it’s a Vixen. His idea was since he had a target Varminter, he wanted something sporty. The Sako weighs barely 5 pounds.

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I’d like to own a Sako one day

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,748
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.