Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Had a lot of tough construction jobs, under ground, moving dirt , paving, etc. I heard a lot of " Chuck can do it"...from the crew and management.

Never thought much about it.

GB4

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I've had some real nice compliments here on the campfire. Never a harsh word or even a cross tone. Nothing but polite interactions. Such a nice group of people.

Hey Mr. Passive Aggressive found his way back!! HOWDY STRANGER!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've had some real nice compliments here on the campfire. Never a harsh word or even a cross tone. Nothing but polite interactions. Such a nice group of people.

moth...meet flame.......bob

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most of the time, the compliment matters less than who it comes from. IMO

Last edited by bobinpa; 02/05/23.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Recently a friend passed away. Many people showed up at his memorial service. At an appropriate time I stood up and spoke about my friend, mentioning some anecdotes about his antics, and sharing some personal feelings and thoughts about our friendship and times together.

After the ceremony his son approached me to say how proud he was that his dad had a friend like me.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll take it as a completement, my dad said I wear my own kind of hat.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
From any woman:

"You were right."

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I was receiving my first 6 month evaluation.
In writing, my supervisor told me that my presence “was like a breath of fresh air” in our section!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
When you plant corn, somehow corn is usually what comes up.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From my days at the landfill my coworkers- Nugget you aren’t the brightest are you??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Hey Mr. Passive Aggressive found his way back!! HOWDY STRANGER!

Breaking his normal trend of two weeks before he usually shows back up.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ingwe
The greatest compliment I ever received was from a 24HCF member.

Years ago I trained a Mobility Assistance Service dog for a Wounded Warrior. 24HCF members donated generously-especially the Vietnam vets and I was able to pay all his vet and equipment expenses. 24HCF members followed his progress for 14 months till I was able to place him with his Marine. I received many compliments on this but one in particular still chokes me up....from a Vietnam combat veteran I will never forget.
" There will be a place for you wherever warriors gather..."

This was the dog " Chesty Puller" the day I brought him home to begin training...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Wow. that chokes me up

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby

Years ago I trained a Mobility Assistance Service dog for a Wounded Warrior. 24HCF members donated generously-especially the Vietnam vets and I was able to pay all his vet and equipment expenses. 24HCF members followed his progress for 14 months till I was able to place him with his Marine. I received many compliments on this but one in particular still chokes me up....from a Vietnam combat veteran I will never forget.

This was the dog " Chesty Puller" the day I brought him home to begin training...

Wow. that chokes me up

Epic!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 673
I have received a couple great honors, one I can share.

It was when a friend passed away, a friend I admired greatly for his integrity and bravery, I saw him "make things right" and he kept it to himself, as will I, but........when he passed away, it was about a month afterwards his son came over and gave me all his dads guns, some were his grandads guns, then handed me a small pouch of tobacco as an offering and appreciation of our friendship, we are both Native.

Powerful

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

A memorable picture. Great dogs always make me sad.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Bob_mt

moth...meet flame.......bob

Maybe Roy will start another thread about how everybody here is a Pathological Liar...

Except him.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
One of them, I had to fly with an aircrew from Mildenhall back to Tinker AFB to pick up my airplane that was in for depot maintenance and a paint job. We had to wait a couple of days before the airplane to be released, finally cleared for the flight back home. I usually sat in the IP seat for takeoff and landings. During takeoff out of Tinker I noticed that the egt (exaust gas temperature) on one of the engines was running hot, right at the limits. The other three engines were lower, where you would normally expect them. We flew to Pease AFB where we'd depart for Mildenhall the next evening. I mentioned to my AC that the engine got hot on takeoff but was in normal range during the rest of the flight. He didn't write it up in the aircraft forms. We departed the next night, same results. We had a VIP onboard for a PAX so I gave up my seat and slept for most of the flight across the pond. Once we were on the ground and parked I told the AC about the engine again which he mentioned to maintenance at the debriefing. I was off for a couple of days, when I returned to work the pilot and copilot were there waiting for me. An aircraft returning from depot has to go through a phase inspection which is also an acceptance inspection. Jet shop did a borescope inspection on the hot section of the engine that was running hot, they found a burn can that was ready to disintegrate. The pilot handed me a letter of accommodation, told me he would never question my judgment again.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not too long ago my bride told me I was the best thing that ever happened to her.

After 27 years of marriage, I’ll take the praise.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve had many horses, bucked off, bitten, kicked, stepped on, dumped in ditch, stomped in a creek

Hell with horses

And I aint no cowboy

And I liked westerns till the goddamm things got talked about here incessantly by dumbass dementia wabigoon daily

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve been told that I’m not as dumb as I look. 😳
So I figure I got that goin for me.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,074 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,899
Posts18,479,316
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.