Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yeah, and if you would have used a simple search function on this board, instead of running your mouth, you'd have found numerous examples of hunters that use Toric's with great success. Try it next time, you'll avoid looking like a fool.

I use a bunch of scopes BTW, and have for over 51 years of hunting.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

D
DugE Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks, 4th point.

Squirrels, birds, Johnson grass and leaves blowing in breeze, and a decaying stump about 275 yards away. Just normal stuff. Daylight and lowlight.

FWIW, my most extensive personal lowlight test was done by taking my 6 best combos out and doing the exact same thing. Top 3: Zeiss Victory HT 3-12x56, S&B Klassik 2.5-10x56 and then SteinerNight Hunter Xtreme 2-10x50. All super close. All last well past legal shooting in an open field.

My buddy and I just looked through the scopes and gauged which allowed us to see things longer. Real scientific. LOL!!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Torics are more than a bit overrated by dumbfuggs who haven't seen it all.

This smokes a Toric in all regards it's not even funny

https://cameralandny.com/shop/stein...0139-c737-00163e90e196?variation=2998875

As does the VX5HD 3-15x44 Windplex CDS which can be had new for $850 all day, if you know where to shop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Threads like this and my own experiences lead me to believe that some optics simply work better with our eyes than others.

Nailed it ☝🏽

Optics, especially what we consider alpha glass is still subjective to each persons eye sight. This is just one reason the optics forum has some hotly debated threads.

I own a fair amount of alpha glass, and my beady eyes have looked through other makers of alpha glass in the field that I haven’t owned.

I got caught in the fanboy traffic when Tract was offering an excellent deal on their Toric UHD 15x56 Schott bins. I bought them with an expectation that they were gonna be the cats ass…Unfortunately for me, the clarity wasn’t much better than the older Vortex HD bins I had.

Then comparing them to my Zeiss Victory and Leica bins, the results were even more diminishing for the Toric bins. I sent them back.

I wasn’t disappointed to the point of saying Tract doesn’t offer quality, alpha glass in some of their products. My eyes just couldn’t realize the clarity, others have claimed. I don’t think anyone is lying. It’s just everyone’s eyesight is different.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Threads like this and my own experiences lead me to believe that some optics simply work better with our eyes than others.

Nailed it ☝🏽

Optics, especially what we consider alpha glass is still subjective to each persons eye sight. This is just one reason the optics forum has some hotly debated threads.

I own a fair amount of alpha glass, and my beady eyes have looked through other makers of alpha glass in the field that I haven’t owned.

I got caught in the fanboy traffic when Tract was offering an excellent deal on their Toric UHD 15x56 Schott bins. I bought them with an expectation that they were gonna be the cats ass…Unfortunately for me, the clarity wasn’t much better than the older Vortex HD bins I had.

Then comparing them to my Zeiss Victory and Leica bins, the results were even more diminishing for the Toric bins. I sent them back.

I wasn’t disappointed to the point of saying Tract doesn’t offer quality, alpha glass in some of their products. My eyes just couldn’t realize the clarity, others have claimed. I don’t think anyone is lying. It’s just everyone’s eyesight is different.

🦫

Kinda, but most guys don't actually compare side by side such as you did....and I have. Thus, they fall victim to the "hype"
Fact is Tract are overrated "Nikon's".

Everyone has different eyes, but glass quality is glass quality. And human eyes adapt unless side by side comparisons are given an objective evaluation. That rarely happens, that causes fanboys and bias.......all of which are "not good".

Missinformation abounds

Last edited by screaminweasil; 02/03/23.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In other words Beav....if somebody claims his toric 15x56 are "better than" your Leica or Swarovski....he's full of sh&it and hasn't had them side by side in the same conditions for a proper eval. Our eyes are too easily adaptable to "blurry [bleep]" to know the diff.

When's the last time you washed your truck window?

In other words.....I think your being too kind. Clear is clear and better is better, no matter ones particular eye site preferences. We're talking optical instruments here.....not eye glass prescriptions.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I live this stuff, so find it hilarious some of people's claims about this optic is "better than this one's". Optics can be measured scientifically for their attributes and downfalls, it's not all subjective. The subjective part mostly comes from people's bullshiit bias...or lack of experience in objective comparison.

A lot of people's perspective is not based in fact or even direct experience. I've literally seen nearly 90 percent of all scopes that have hit the market in the past 5 years.....atleast the ones over $500 to $2500. Most people don't know what the F&&ck They are "talking about"........and it's obvious to those of us who have seen it all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SW, yeah, I guess. If someone said their Toric Schott bins were as good as Leica , Zeiss Victory, or Swaro’s, I’d say they need their eyes buffed out.

Laffin

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Environment and weather conditions where glass is being used can play a part in what some will call exceptional glass clarity.

Clear, high clouds, a lot of light will make glass look good. Compare that to low, dark rain clouds, fog, thick underbrush and peering into deep canyons and dark timber edges, the same glass won’t be anywhere near as sharp or bright.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not to say that ones particular eyes may favor more contrast or deep color vs stark resolution, in two different scopes of very similar glass quality. That happens often, however glass quality is glass quality and the only way to decipher which is best (for your eyes) is to have them side by side on the same day in the same conditions.... switching immediately back and forth with each ocular focus set up for your eye balls. Something that doesn't happen often I can guarantee. Lots of "guessing" going on in the optic field for sure.

Think "eye doctor"...........how does this look, ok
...now this

Honing in on a prescription quickly before your eye can adapt to the glasses insufficiency

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Environment and weather conditions where glass is being used can play a part in what some will call exceptional glass clarity.

Clear, high clouds, a lot of light will make glass look good. Compare that to low, dark rain clouds, fog, thick underbrush and peering into deep canyons and dark timber edges, the same glass won’t be anywhere near as sharp or bright.

🦫
Agreed....long distance also separates alpha glass from "good glass"

Along with Mirage

..a fuggin glass quality ass.kicker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Not to say that ones particular eyes may favor more contrast or deep color vs stark resolution, in two different scopes of very similar glass quality. That happens often, however glass quality is glass quality and the only way to decipher which is best (for your eyes) is to have them side by side on the same day in the same conditions.... switching immediately back and forth with each ocular focus set up for your eye balls. Something that doesn't happen often I can guarantee. Lots of "guessing" going on in the optic field for sure.

Think "eye doctor"...........how does this look, ok
...now this

Honing in on a prescription quickly before your eye can adapt to the glasses insufficiency

Agreement there.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Uhh.....the OP was referring to a rifle scope. Binos are a whole different deal.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Uhh.....the OP was referring to a rifle scope. Binos are a whole different deal.

Yeah, and just like their Binoculars......Tract riflescopes are "over-rated". Maybe not for those gunning deer over corn feeders.

Clearly addressed above for those who want to pay attention.

In particular the 3-15x Toric, which SUCKS in comparison to Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44, Steiner Predator 4-16x50. Both of which can be had for nearly the same coin as the Toric(within $100).

Why does the 15x Toric rifle scope "suck" you might ask.............

Field of View (or lack thereof), large black image around the entire scope body, also called "Vignette", [bleep] reticle options, and mediocre glass quality.

For those who like to enjoy the entire experience of shooting. Solid mechanics, accurate and repeatable tracking are not the only requirements. Glass that is pristine and doesn't make you dizzy is an important attribute. Spending hours in the squirrel fields shooting 800 in a day, or gunning rock chucks out west in mirage, one tends to find out which scopes fit those criteria.

The Tracts would get the job done, but they are nothing special. Yep, i've owned several models of Tract including the same one Doug mentioned in his first post.

I'm not guessing here, but we know who is.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Does anyone have an opinion ? Too f,ucking funny.

Last edited by sidepass; 02/04/23.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The horse has died.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Facts are facts.... opinions are for ass#oles

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
SW, yeah, I guess. If someone said their Toric Schott bins were as good as Leica , Zeiss Victory, or Swaro’s, I’d say they need their eyes buffed out.

Laffin

🦫
I seem to recall that sentiment from at least two posters on this thread.

YMMV.

🪟💦

👁️🔧

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
wow what a thread .....some of you guys take this chit way to serious

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by gene270
wow what a thread .....some of you guys take this chit way to serious
Quoted for truth.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

278 members (1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 16penny, 39 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.